May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (MattH, 2 invisible), 400 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,465
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guess I'm just a stupid old man, but I'd never put my guns in a plastic case. These are the kind I use and have for 20 yrs now. Easy the equal of anything I've seen at any price for just plain MF'n tough. And if they don't have what you want they will make it. And great people to deal with. Yeah, the site is a sorta PITA but you'll never regret the purchse.

http://www.ziegeleng.com/

HTH

have a day
Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

WtS,
That looks like a very practical case.

Besides that, it's right near my work. I think I've driven by this place a number of times. I'll have to stop in and check them out.

Coincidentally, Pelican is just down the street about a mile or less from my house.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My first case was a Pelican clone. Coming back from AZ one winter I guess it got too cold up at 30,000ft and the case got brittle. When I got it back an entire corner was missing although my rifle was still intact.

After that I went to a KKK case, "hell for stout", heavy, but holds a lot of stuff plus 2 guns safely in a rolling duffle with a top compartment. This was back when there was no charge as long as it wasn't over 70lbs. These days would cost a lot of extra $$ to travel with but worth the protection.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

I´ve taken a pair of Hollands to the Selous, one to Australia, all in one of the three Pelicans I own so that´s my vote. DO NOT however use those bloody combination padlocks they come with ( I think you use them in the US as the FEDS have a special device to open them and then relock them) They are rubbish and can be opened with a pair of pliers, buy two good proper padlocks, best, Mike

MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered
MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered

Pelican cases have always worked for me with no damage to the cases or the guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
WtS,
That looks like a very practical case.

Besides that, it's right near my work. I think I've driven by this place a number of times. I'll have to stop in and check them out.

Coincidentally, Pelican is just down the street about a mile or less from my house.

Chuck - I first ran into these guys at the old Great Western Gun Show 20+ yrs ago. I've prolly bought 20-30 of them to pass on to budz. The four I still have all have the old style outside latches that I like better so I never need a key unless I want. And there ain't NOTHING on those cases gonna ever break.

have a day

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Americase and even Pelican are old travel tech. For new age, take a look at Tuffpac cases. They really don't look like a gun case and a lot of traveling shooters will put guns in soft case in center and surround with clothing, boots, etc.

A Springer Spaniel, a 6# double and a fair day to hunt.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Anvils are old tech, too. Old tech does not mean obsolete. When I open up my case at the airport in Cordoba for the policia to inspect the serial numbers on my guns I do not want to have to unpack stuff from around them. I want to open the lid, step back, and let them do their thing without causing any undue delays from unpacking and repacking stuff. The less you aggravate these people the better off you are concerning international travel. JMO.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 07/27/12 05:54 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Erik W
Americase and even Pelican are old travel tech. For new age, take a look at Tuffpac cases. They really don't look like a gun case and a lot of traveling shooters will put guns in soft case in center and surround with clothing, boots, etc.

Another vote for the tuffpak

http://www.nalpak.com/TuffpakSport

Easy to handle, doesn't yell GUN and the shape keeps it on top of the pile and doesn't seem to get tossed.

The only trouble was being asked about my golfing trip smile

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have used Pelicans for my dart guns in Kenya for years - they get tossed into the back of the pickup, dead cows, traps, etc., piled on top of them, hellacious roads, dust,rain, people sitting on them, every insult imaginable. Dart guns are delicate, but I have never had a problem.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.