May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Guy Ave, cable, Warren A, 1 invisible), 437 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,479
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Topgun,
Thank you for all your first rate information. I was hoping to read the DGJ articles before responding to your detailed post. Didn't you speak with Gene Carson (a few years back) about Jerred?

JDW,
I have ne reason to doubt your statement about Jerred not being a single trigger fitter, but why then would he have had so many experimental Fulton triggers?...not Fox, not Ithaca, but Fultons only.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert, by Fulton triggers, do you mean the box lock triggers or Hunter Arms triggers. The only explanation I have if it is the Fulton box lock is that on the trigger plate housing, there is a lot of "canvas" to engrave on.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert
Don't recall ever speaking with Gene Carson.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Topgun,
Gene is the guy with the spare 20ga Crown grade barrels and fore end, if that helps. He's a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Syracuse and Hunter guns...also, I still have that single trigger Syracuse that we once spoke of and have since seen another. I took the stock off to see if the trigger matched any in the patent record...it did...the trigger was patented by Franz Jaeger here in NYS, before he and Bittner returned to Europe where Jaeger started the Harold gun company. Bittner may have set up shop in Liege.

JDW,
Yes I mean the box lock triggers, and yes one or two is engraved (Fulton Special)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert
I did speak with a gentleman in your area who owned a set of high-grade 20-bore Smith barrels; but thought I recalled that barrel set was for an Eagle Grade. Obviously I was mistaken on the grade of barrels; so yes I have spoken with Gene and do remember the conversation. You sent me some pics of the single trigger SAC gun and told me at that time that it was Jaeger's work. I've still found no data to date to indicate the company was looking to market a single trigger option; although I would think such was entirely possible PROVIDED this cash poor company could fund the effort. It would be interesting to know if that single trigger unit was fitted at the request of the company; or if Jaeger himself fitted his trigger design to a SAC gun, then attempted to market his single trigger design to the company afterwards? Send some more pics if you will; and thanks - Tom
thomas.archer@windstream.net

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes Tom, you're correct...it had been so many years since I last saw those barrels, I had just guessed at the grade. I will have to reshoot those single trigger photos again.

I'm not sure how to respond only to say that somewhere I have a catalog (tryin' to remember) from NYC (Boker maybe) that shows a single trigger SAC in which they claim to be agents for SAC...or maybe it was a Franz Jaeger catalog...I'm not sure of the exact interpretation, but it was something to that effect. I'll have to find it, post it, and eat crow if I misintepreted but I definitely have another piece to the puzzle. I'll try to find it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

An original SAC catalog promoting the gun with a single trigger would be most interesting Robert; let me know if you find that piece!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes an original SAC catalog would be most interesting...but I have enough of my own crow to eat...what I have is a Boker or Jaeger catalog in which they claim to be agents for Syracuse Arms..

above article from 1902

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Herman C.Boker Company was the exclusive agent/jobber for SAC in the early years of the company. The add you show above, which I've seen before, is most likely from 1901 when the company began to aggressively market their expanded product/model line; as all the original pre-1901 SAC catalogs I've seen to date don't list a gun grade above "B". We also know that this announcement pre-dates the 1902 catalog because the 1902 catalog lists one additional high-grade gun; the A-1 Special Trap Grade. But if Jaeger was indeed an agent for SAC; then he would have had no shortage of guns upon which he could install, test, and market his single trigger design. Again, I hope some original literature surfaces that connects a factory single trigger option directly to the company; but until such time, I must theorize that Jaeger's association with the company as an agent, and the availability of SAC guns for use with his trigger unit, is the foundation for the single trigger SAC gun you have. Just my thoughts, Tom

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.