May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (MattH, Ken57, ClapperZapper, 3 invisible), 1,077 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,543
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
larryguy
Unregistered
larryguy
Unregistered

I thought this topic was covered some time back but cannot find the thread. I would appreciate input on any gun purchases from them, returns if necessary, assessment of the quality of guns they have on their web site. A friend sent a link to their site and they appear to have nice guns - if descriptions are to be believed - and offer a wide range of services from gunsmithing to driven shoots.

Thank You.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had several leather pads installed by them some years back. They did a great job and had quick turn around. I have talked to the owner on the phone a few times about different things they offer and he is a great conversationlist to say the least.
I have never bougth a gun though but did buy some accessories.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

The one vintage gun I purchased from them was quickly returned....when questioned about condition (I'm sure they thought a novice like me wink wouldn't catch) their demeanor quickly changed and the owners reply was "What did I expect for $3500.00 ?"

My reply was "All I expected was honest answers to the questions I asked on the phone before the purchase".

I did get a refund but were still out time and money and a big let down.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had dealings with them about 20 years ago. After I learned a little more about this game a realized I was taken advantage of. Ten years ago I thought I was smarter, went back, they got me again. Be very careful.
terc

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi all, well they do have a nice site, nice guns, a bit high on price, but my dealings were not so hot with them either.

I bought a 16b hammergun from them, the gun cosmetically was as they said, but I had a problem with the firing pins punching thru the primers. When I called them about it, the response was it's the shells, well, I tried a couple different brands prior to talking to them (same results). They said that it was not a problem with the gun, must be something else. When I first found out about the primers being punched and told them about the problem (prior to me sending the gun off) I kind of thought they would say to send the gun back and they'd look at it or refund some $$ on it for the repairs, never did. Kind of got the impression that well, it's your now. I had a good smith look at it, the headspace was off and the pins too long. Had it fixed, so I e-mailed them and told them the cost and what the problem was, no response. Tried to call, they were to busy to talk to me and would call me back...never did.

I really liked the gun so I ate the repair cost and the gun has turned out to be a good one.

I won't be dealing with them anytime soon.

Best of luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can see the firing pins being too long, but how does the headspace play into it? Ya sure you got that right?

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Nitro Express
I can see the firing pins being too long, but how does the headspace play into it? Ya sure you got that right?

That's what the smith told me and I have no reason to doubt what he said. Of course I'm no Smith.

Be Good!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I live close enough that I have been there twice. Very nice gentleman. I was up once just to rubberneck at his inventory, and then I had a gunfitting.

I did a lot of research and I thought some of his prices were high. He is welcome to ask whatever price he likes, and I didn't buy a gun. I was interested in an older AYA sidelock that he told me he "thought was a 53." I did my due diligence and found it wasn't, it was a model 112 (I think, I forget exactly). I passed along to him that information and he didn't seem to care. The price was very low for a 53, but high (according to my opinion)for the model it turned out to be.

CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Had some gunsmithing done by them a few years back. Prices for guns in the shop were high and when it became clear I didn't have a lot of money to spend, I was hustled out pretty quickly. The gunsmithing was ok, but pricey. I thought he was a bit of a blowhard.

Black and Tan
Unregistered
Black and Tan
Unregistered

I had exactly the same experience as Terc with a 12 bore refurbed in the UK by Bland, primers pierced by overlength firing pins. I didn't bother going back to them since I realized that there would be a clash. I just took it to my smith and he fixed the pin length. Their retail gun prices are a bit high.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.