May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian Forrester), 1,189 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,661
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ahhh, the Ziegenhahn has found a home in North Dakota and I have completed it's long journey from just a crazy idea in Germany to taking game in North Dakota. I took two roosters on opening day here in NoDak with my 6 yr old GSP, Casey. Dog, Hunter, and Gun, what a great trilogy to unite while enjoying the great outdoors.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice. As it should be.

Now, tell us what your dog has to say about being on the gun which is shooting the birds he finds....

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As you can see, Casey is very camera shy. I thinks she does not like the camera and refuses to make eye contact with it...weirdest thing. But her pose on the side of the gun is great and so are the pheasants on the other side. Hope to enjoy it on the warmer days this fall before the real cold sets in.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Scotty,
Well we are both in the states at the moment.
I came over on very short notice to do 2 months in Juarez so I am staying in El Paso each evening and I had to bring my oldest P Webley SxS with me as it was older than 1898 so was not classified as a firearm I call her Victoria as it was that queens era.
Now I need to find some 2.5 inch shells and some time to hunt. Bought a NM license alreadz.
Best wishes
Martin from Kemnathen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whoops got the same post up twice.
Martin from Kemnathen,Bavaria.

Last edited by bavarianbrit; 10/17/12 09:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Martin:

Call these guys. They'll have what you need.

http://www.rstshells.com/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Remington 40x thanks for the heads up, I am an Anschutz man myself, bought my 1813 at Camp Perry in 1984.

Well to the bad news = 2 days into the new job and my asssss still hanging from jet lag and I get fired from the Juarez job as not a hard enough person, suits me fine that is my nature will not change at 62 YO. And who gives a rats behind anyway?
So now here I am in the biggest economy in the world (still) Chinas chasing youuz boys hard. And as I do not have a valid US work visa working is out so now I have a valid return ticket paid for by the company and nothing to do up till xmas so I guess I will stay here and chase up some hunting. I brought with me an 1885 12G P Webley and a Traditions inline .50 cal with a schmidt & bender scope fitted.

ANY IDEAS? I can go anywhere in the US - Canada.

Happy days Martin

Last edited by bavarianbrit; 10/16/12 09:48 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Martin, you can visit the Dakotas for pheasant, Hungarian (Grey legged) Partridge, Sharptail Grouse, and waterfowl. Drive over to Montana and hunt for Sage Grouse. If you get up to Minot, North Dakota, all the beer is on me. Bring a good coat though, it gets chilly up here!

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I'm going to suggest a couple things:
1. Get a good rental car. This has the makings of an epic road trip.
2. Put your plea up on the main page.
3. I'm going to impinge on post-er Skeettx. From his manifold posts, he seems to have hunting time and shooting time in abundance. He's from Amarillo, which is a two six-pack drive from El Paso, IIRC. Get in pm contact with him. Likewise guys like Last Dollar (who seems to live on the road now) and some of the plains region folks. See if you can work out hunting/shooting expeditions.
4. When you decide where you want to go, buy hunting licenses in advance online. Get some paper maps. Remember there's a lot of public land in many states where you can hunt freely upon pulling in to a parking space and having a valid hunting license. You may want to pick up a cheap propane camp stove and camping cook kit, so you don't wind up eating bad convenience store food all the time. Wal-Mart will be able to fix you up in that department for under $50. Toss a cheap sleeping bag in the trunk, in case you get stuck somewhere. A prepaid cell phone.
5. If you get all the way to Maine, pm me in advance and I'll shake free at least a day or two to try to show you some grouse hunting.
6. If you've got guns in the car, avoid places like New York City (and the counties directly adjacent to it), Chicago, Washington DC, Massachusetts, New Jersey. Their gun laws are very troublesome. In Washington DC it's still effectively a total gun ban. In NYC and Chicago, pretty much the same. In Mass., an empty shotgun shell is considered "reloading material" and illegal without permits. In New Jersey (where I used to practice law), the laws are so complicated I've seen it more often than I'd like to admit where someone is perfectly legal and they still get busted and their guns seized because all the cop sees is a gun. Even when you were legal, you'll likely never get your guns back and, if you do, the cops will have wrecked them somehow. Most of these places you can steer clear of relatively easily, and the back roads are prettier this time of year.

There are bird seasons open throughout the country for the entire time you'll be here. Have fun.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sure
Amarillo has no quail/phesants because of the dought, but we can shoot, shoot, shoot
I have the keys to the shotgun range, rifle range, and pistol range.
If you find yourself "in the area", let's play
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.