May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 508 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had many people that know much more about doubles than I do tell me that the Miller single triggers are very, very reliable and are the best single trigger on a double. I don't doubt it. And if you want a single trigger on your side by side I think that is your perogative.

But I have had single trigger problems on a high percentage of my single trigger side by sides and over and unders. A just out of the box CZ Ringneck 28 gauge doubled and had to be sent for repairs. A Parker Reproduction 28 gauge failed to switch to the other barrel as did an SKB 28. A Beretta ASE90 Gold X Trap single trigger stopped switching barrels as did the trigger on my Beretta SO5 Sporting. The factory trigger on a Fox XE 12 won't switch if I fire the left barrel first. These are just the ones that I can remember.

It seems to me the most reliable single triggers in clays guns are on the Beretta 680 series and the Browning Citoris. In my experience the Perazzi shooters had the most trouble with triggers.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 12/02/12 10:11 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I have had many people that know much more about doubles than I do tell me that the Miller single triggers are very, very reliable and are the best single trigger on a double. I don't doubt it. And if you want a single trigger on your side by side I think that is your perogative.

But I have had single trigger problems on a high percentage of my single trigger side by sides and over and unders. A just out of the box CZ Ringneck 28 gauge doubled and had to be sent for repairs. A Parker Reproduction 28 gauge failed to switch to the other barrel as did an SKB 28. A Beretta ASE90 Gold X Trap single trigger stopped switching barrels as did the trigger on my Beretta SO5 Sporting. The factory trigger on a Fox XE 12 won't switch if I fire the left barrel first. These are just the ones that I can remember.

It seems to me the most reliable single triggers in clays guns are on the Beretta 680 series and the Browning Citoris. In my experience the Perazzi shooters had the most trouble with triggers.

Yes, anyone who has been around guns and shooting long enough has heard hoards of stories or experienced problems regarding single trigger failures on shotguns with more than one barrel.........

Many will argue in their favor, like Chuck H and Stan who think single triggers are right up there with radial tires...... cry

Whatever floats yer boat I guess........Argentina usually separates the winners from the losers.........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

My experience with Miller SST very good. I would pay a bit of a premium for a gun with that trigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24

Many will argue in their favor, like Chuck H and Stan who think single triggers are right up there with radial tires...... cry

It's the old 2 wings vs 1 wing debate... laugh

It's not often that I buy an airplane, but when I do, it's two...wings grin

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/02/12 12:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Snoopy!

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 12/02/12 01:24 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug,

I actually love double triggers. My posts defending single triggers is not to promote their use for anyone. I use both, with equal ineptitude! blush I prefer double triggers for field use, actually, and could never see myself converting a gun from double to single. I just know, beyond any doubt, that there are single triggers that are 100% reliable.

As you said, Argentina will prove it. I have been twice and shot doves exclusively for four days each time. I used the same Beretta 687 SP II Sporting 20 ga. both trips. Over ten thousand rounds fired in the two trips with nary a hiccup from the trigger, or any other part of the gun for that matter.

I respect your stance on double triggers completely. You prefer them. My only issue is with people who act like they think they ought to be banned, because of looks or unreliability.

Good shootin' to ya'!!

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Doug,

As you said, Argentina will prove it. I have been twice and shot doves exclusively for four days each time. I used the same Beretta 687 SP II Sporting 20 ga. both trips. Over ten thousand rounds fired in the two trips with nary a hiccup from the trigger, or any other part of the gun for that matter.

Stan:

Like you, I have two Beretta S-685's, a 12 and a 20, and those single triggers are without a doubt, trouble free.........although, had double triggers been available on those guns, when I bought them new in the early 1980's, I would have bought the double triggers.........

Like Mike said, the 680 series Beretta seems to have one of the best single triggers ever made, others all over the world have said the same thing, including lot's of folks in Argentina.....

Cheers and good shootin' back at ya....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

The single trigger on my 20g 686 Beretta broke a few weeks ago.

Regardless of the name, no single trigger is infallible.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

On my last trip to Argentina I took the SKB 28 single trigger and a Parker 16 with 32" barrels and double triggers. The SKB was flawless for 5,000 rounds and an ejector went out on the Parker during 3,000 rounds.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 12/02/12 04:23 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My double triggers failed me for the first time last week when a hole im my glove got hooked in the front trigger and I needed the rear trigger for a quick follow up shot. I couldn't even curse and swear because my preacher was hunting beside me. mad

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.