March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gunning Bird, 3 invisible), 346 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

hello canvasback,
yes,as a supporter of screwgrips i was hooked rather easily by jOe.im afraid i am rather old fashioned and still imagine (or hope)that people are genuine.
cheers
mrwmartin

NA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mr W martin
hello canvasback,
yes,as a supporter of screwgrips i was hooked rather easily by jOe.im afraid i am rather old fashioned and still imagine (or hope)that people are genuine.
cheers
mrwmartin

I have one myself, an Army & Navy from around 1889 that I quite like. Still haven't got around to getting some additional info from the U of Edinburgh but I do have it in right now with an Birmingham trained smith getting a few niggling problems sorted out. Looking forward to being able to use it again next fall.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

hello again canvasback,
i am almost certain that army & navy records are held at glasgow university.(not edinburgh)
hope you get gun back in action.
cheers
mrwmartin

NA
Sidelock
Sidelock

hello again canvasback,
i am almost certain that army & navy records are held at glasgow university.(not edinburgh)
hope you get gun back in action.
cheers
mrwmartin

You are right. Just a mental slip during the Christmas to New years down time.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

My William Evans sidelock (1898) has the Webley screw grip. From reading the posts here one gets the impression that this grip was used exclusively on boxlocks. Is it an anomaly for it to be found on sidelocks?

Sidelock
Sidelock

hello krakow kid,
the webley screwgrip was used in vast numbers of sidelocks as well as boxlocks,hence "the ubiquitous screwgrip".
cheers
mrwmartin

Sidelock
Sidelock

The William Evans sidelock is usually described as a second tier gun, whether stocked to the fences or not. What tier is a similar gun with the Webley or W&C Scott name on it? Did any first tier makers ever purchase the Webley screw grip action?

Sidelock
Sidelock

hello jOe,
the propriety action was a basic grade, on offer for sale alongside several other different quality and specification grades of screw grip.i am surprised you are unaware of that or have chosen to ignore the fact.

I'm fully aware of it Mr. Martin....

I find it kinda strange that you can get that idea from my post. What I was saying is that just because a gun has a screw grip action doesn't make it the best of anything.

Did you by chance go to school with the Canadian twit that sang back up for you ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

Did you by chance go to school with the Canadian twit that sang back up for you ?

Morning jOe, I see you have neither a sense of humour nor a good grasp of reality this morning. Hope you end up having a better day than it appears to have started for you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are the twit that attacked me....just an eye for an eye bud.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.