May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, AGS, Birdog, 1 invisible), 930 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,485
Posts545,291
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

What can we do now ?How about getting rid of gun free zones,and protecting not just the elite/politicians and media's children.Lets protect them all.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel

Regulations are already thick and while some appear silly to me many are not.

I do not believe we want mental cases to carry, I do not believe we want innocents killed. I do not believe we want armed guards at every school.

What change or improvement can be made in our current law that can make a difference?

1. Not one 'feel good' change in existing gun laws will make one bit of difference in the maniac violent mass killings.....thousands of gun laws have been passed since the Gun Control Act of 1968 with zero effect on the crime rate, as proven by stacks and stacks of data.......crime rises continually........Chicago followed by NYC have the strictest firearm laws in the land, and with it they have the highest firearm crime rate.......DO THESE FIREARMS LAWS WORK...THE STATISTICS ALL SAY NO.....not even close.......

2. You can go to any large metro city in this country and see gangs armed to the teeth with illegal firearms having missing serial numbers, owned by convicted felons.......do these people obey the law.....?......Do criminals buy firearms at Randy's Handy Dandy Gun Shop and fill out the paperwork....?........Mental cases steal bull dozers, airplanes and tanks and commit violent crimes with repetition, same M.O..........

3. As long as we allow politicians to pass more legislation, not having any real first hand knowledge whatsoever about firearms, the legislation will be totally ineffective and useless until the real problem is addressed, starting with mental and drug issues...............All the firearm laws passed since 1968 are useless and have had no effect on crime......look at all the statistics, study them, the politicians won't, the liberals won't...........

4. The public always over reacts to every sensationalized news article..........the problems are people problems, not TOOL PROBLEMS.........address the problem if you want results on any issue........STOP PROGRAMMING YOUTH WITH VIOLENT DVD'S that de-humanize killing, glamorize death, stop handing out drugs like candy to everybody from womb to tomb..........Why do you think all these nut-balls dress in black and use black guns....because that is what THE TRAINING VIDEO'S TEACH THEM TO WEAR AND WHAT WEAPON TO USE AND HOW TO MASS KILL..........

So every new nut-ball wants to out-do the last maniac nut ball......

This is exactly how the nut-ball maniac in Norway bombed and shot and killed 77 people and wounded 209.....a country with very strict gun laws.....did the gun laws in Norway prevent this maniac from shooting summer students on the island and people in Oslo and killing more with bombs made from fertilizer components in Oslo as well.........This maniac, after incarceration, recounted to authorities how he trained using violent military style attack DVD's.....he used the exact weapon and dress that he observed and trained with in these videos.........so why aren't we restricting the manufacture and sale of these DVD's to young people.....?........

5. Take the fork away from Rosie O'Donnell and would she still be fat....?.....

6. As with any government, as mentioned here before, once you give them an inch, they take about 10 miles minimum.......REMEMBER THE SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL THAT INITIATED THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968......DID ALL THOSE LAWS WORK......I DON'T THINK SO...........Hinkley came along later and shot President Reagan with his .22 revolver......then the politicians started in again, same rhetoric, same result, same piles of more paperwork and regulation with ZERO effect........BUT I'LL BET PRESIDENTIAL SECURITY WAS ENHANCED AND BECAME MORE EFFECTIVE..........as you can see, that is what was really needed in President Reagans case in the first place.........

7. Can you see the trend here.......?.......

8. The money and effort needs to be spent on the problem, violent DVD's/movies/websites which enforce maniac tendencies in already unstable mental cases and illegal/legal drug use by millions................ in the meantime the schools need to be armed......not "gun free target zones" for these "in training nut-balls".........

9. Today's world my friend is not what it used to be....Security must be a major priority in malls, schools, theaters and all public gathering places.....it's just a fact of the electronic world we live in today.......lot's of off center individuals programmed by what they see and watch on the virtual electronic toilets of our day......

We used to have very good censors for all programs.....I guess they went on vacation.......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

The symbolic "gun free zone" has been demonstrated to be a trap for those forced to endure it. Every, single, mass shooting event in the last two decades is inescapably tied to it, nurtured by it, and the result of it.

I am not quite ready to say mass shootings were the desired outcome of those on the left who implemented it.

But, I'm damn close.

IT HAS TO GO, in every single public place it has been implemented.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

old colonel, if you mean what would make an improvement in the homicide-by-guns rate, none of the mooted changes would make a speck of difference. It is what it is. Google those for US, Canada and Russia, contiguous countries across the top of the world, each with different governance, different systems, different people. As the only country I know of to have introduced a long-gun registry and got rid of it with popular consent, with a handgun registry and regulations that haven't been challenged by the shooting sports fraternity since its inception 80 years ago, Canada's homicide rate is a consequence of what our citizens have chosen democratically, as they are in the US and Russia. You could no more change our "gun cultures" than change what makes our countries the homes of the best hockey players in the world: the spirit, passion and tradition of our peoples.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote; Italiansxs
"Don't be averse to contacting your Congressman even if they are ultraliberal and let your thoughts be known. Keep in mind that unlike Obama most of them will have to stand for re-election and they have a lot to lose. We made a big difference in the Clinton mid-term elections on "gun" control in 1994 and we can do it again."

Washington phone to contact your senators and representatives. 202 224 3121......be polite but firm.

Something else to consider that I don't think was brought up. Scroll down a little to 'When drugs backfire causing gunfire'
https://herbdocblog.com/

BTW: This Doc has black belts in three different arts and carries a Glock.

Last edited by 2holer; 01/06/13 11:16 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, let me also applaud your decision to let this thread run its course. Either we're for or against gun control. I happen to be against it. I'm not sure I'm am a part of the majority of our country in this opinion.

We must have some forum to express our opinions on this. If not here on a gun site, then where? I do not think the nutcases on our forum accurately express our positions. On the "off topic" forum here I choose to ignore three of the folks that upset me, but I think their opinions should be considered by the full membership with appropriate comments by the members here who have an opinion without the gang tackling tactics that prevail on the bottom forum.

We have some good minds here and I believe your decision to let this thread remain at the top of the page will result in some opinions that may just make a difference in the battle with which we are faced....Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
What changes in the law are valid regulation of the militia within the bounds of the 2nd Amendment which unquestionably holds we have a right to bear arms?

old colonel, if you look at some of the restrictions on guns and gunowners that are being now being considered, you'll see that almost all have been tried before at local, state, and federal level... and they had no measureable effect on reducing crime. Much the same can be said for these types of restrictions in other countries. So as mass murders still persisted, the solution was/is always more and more gun control. In many instances, we see that violent crime is actually more prevalent where gun control is the most restrictive.

Overall, gun murders in the U.S. are much lower now than they were 20 or 30 years ago. The rates continued to drop after the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban was dropped, and ownership of these guns actually increased. It seems apparent that the overall murder rate drop was tied to stricter mandatory sentencing guidelines and the Three Strikes and You're Out laws that kept a larger percentage of violent felons off the streets. An even better long term solution might be to identify and address the cultural and mental issues that cause people to essentially become animals with no soul and no concience. None of the anti-gunners are even talking about the influence of violent movies, videos, and games. Doesn't that seem a bit odd and even suspicious to you? It's all about the guns. It's always the fault of gun owners, even though 99.99% of us will never hurt anyone with a gun.

If you followed this debate in Misfires, you might have read about the link between Mass Shootings and the prescribing of certain anti-depressants and ADHD drugs. Go to ssristories.com for starters and do a little research into the indisputable link between these massacres and the increased use of this class of drugs. SSRI's are Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors which include Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox and many other commonly prescribed drugs. They are also commonly prescribed for Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, and are suspected of causing the unprecedented numbers of suicides among Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. The Pharmaceutical Industry is making billions while law abiding gunowners are being blamed for the often deadly side effects. Once again, the anti-gunners aren't even talking about this. Why? Do they really want to save lives, or do they just want our guns?

Quite a few of us here, myself included, took guns to school either to go hunting after class, or to participate in Rifle Clubs or Teams. We had an indoor range in my school and I bought my ammunition from the school. We had NRA certified instructors who took no B.S. and tolerated no lapse in safety. For those of us who lived that, it is obvious that guns aren't the problem. Something else changed and until we address that specifically, none of these feel-good laws are likely to stop the violence.

There are already at least 300 million guns in the hands of at least 40 million gunowners in the U.S. There are 10's of millions of semi-automatics and 10's of millions of high capacity magazines already out there. Even if half of them were confiscated, registered, or turned in, plenty would still be available to a determined psycopath. We just can't put that Genie back in the bottle. Even if we outlawed all future sales of ALL guns, criminals would still find a way to get guns. Cocaine and Marijuana and Heroin are quite illegal, yet tons of those drugs are smuggled into the U.S. every week. Drug dogs can't sniff out an AK-47.

We already do have considerable restrictions on our Second Amendment rights. People adjuticated mentally ill cannot legally possess guns. There are very strict regulations on Class III firearms. Contrary to what the media would have us believe, you can't buy grenades and bazookas at gun shows. We are already subject to backround checks for purchases from dealers. I'd bet Adam Lanza's mother was subjected to the backround check for all of her guns. Even if they had been registered in some Government Database, how would that have stopped her deranged son from misusing them? We've discussed the propensity of hi-cap magazines to cause jams and the speed with which smaller capacity mags can be changed. How much carnage could a sniper with a bolt action rifle cause from a hillside overlooking a crowded football stadium before he was stopped? A deranged killer will always find a way. So how far do you want to restrict the right of the 99.99% of law abiding gun owners?

Obama has said he doesn't think Americans should own guns. Period. He said that to Professor John Lott at the Univ. of Chicago.

That sir, is the end game. I don't wish to play that game.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason we're here and not there, George, is because of civil tongues. My day job is finding solutions to protracted social problems. It always comes down to the social. Everyone here is against grabbers. We go adrift when members forget manners and Dave shoves us off into a corner where we belong.

The current Scientific American has an article on "logic compartmentalization,"of how interest groups like ourselves fall on their swords by allowing myths to dominate i.e. young earth-old earth, evolution-creation, climate change etc. We beat each other up instead of widening the tent to get on with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
It always comes down to the social. Everyone here is against grabbers.

King, How can you say this with a straight face?

The majority, yes. Everyone? You can't be serious. I'll be cordial and not name names.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
It always comes down to the social. Everyone here is against grabbers.

King, we have a number of very twisted liberals on this board who supported, voted for and are very vocal about the current administration and their love for ALL it's efforts, sorry but you're dreaming......

Doug

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.