March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (eeb, earlyriser, Hammergun, ChiefAmungum, 3 invisible), 366 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,987
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am blessed to live in the State of Arizona where "Gun" control isn't a real issue Jan Brewer,Our Governor, is a staunch supporter of the RTKABAS.(see attached) However I would strongly recommend that even those in States not so blessed that you contact your Governor and voice your opinion. IMO: Most governors are political beings and tend to go where the wind is blowing.
Jim

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_56ba73e8-59fa-11e2-8140-0019bb2963f4.html

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

While I love to own, shoot, and hunt with single shot rifles I would not want to depend on a single shot for home defense.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122-R00-SB.htm

Sidelock
Sidelock

Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's
White House Task Force Meeting

Fairfax, Va. The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Deleted

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/11/13 11:28 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This post will be a brief summary here as this is past history and therefore somewhat irrelevant now:

An "Assault" Weapons ban was proposed and passed by a Democrat controlled Congress and signed by a Democrat President. This goal was part of and is still part of the Democrat platform and was instituted by the radical left wing of the Democratic party personified by the likes of Dianne Feinstein. The intent with this law was to take the first step towards total firearms registration and ultimately firearms confiscation. It had a Sunset clause and expired in 2004 while Bush was President and ther wern't enough votes in Congress to re-institute the ban. There is NO credible information to indicate this ban had any influence in reducing the crime rate whatsoever in the 10 years it was in effect.

The approach the radical left Democrats are now taking is go for it all. What will be proposed to Congress is the registration of most firearms deemed "not suitable for sporting purposes",** a ban on any further manufacture of such weapons and the requirement that all such registered weapons be turned in for destruction upon the death of the current owner.
We'll know more in a few weeks.
Jim

**My understanding is this registration required list contains several hundred firearms and also(Double Gun only owners please note) includes any firearm with a bore diameter greater than .50.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To the best of my knowledge the 1994 "Assault" weapons ban was never challenged at the Federal level as a 2nd Amendment right violation. This was probably because of it's limited scope. I am NOT a lawyer and perhaps someone with a legal background here can provide more information.
The same has been true of the original NFA law of 1934 which required the registration of machine guns or the 1986 law which banned the further manufacture sale of machine guns to individuals.
The latter two laws did have an effect. You could have bought an M16 full auto rifle from Colt prior to 1986 for a few hundred dollars plus the $200 registration fee. The same registered M16 (pre 1986) would now cost you around $20,000. Here's an example of the basic law of supply and demand.

I have an update here from further research:

"The Supreme Court reversed the District Court and held that the NFA provision (criminalizing possession of certain firearms) was not violative of the Second Amendment's restriction and therefore was not unconstitutional."
This update is from the 1938 Supreme Court case. The defendent's name was Miller and he was found to be in possession of a sawed off shotgun(Barrels less than 18"). I suspect this ruling may be the reason the original "Assault" weapons ban was never challenged.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 01/11/13 02:08 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Choose your crime stats:

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ruger has set up a site that will send a form letter to YOUR elected officials. Yeah, I know, you should write your own. This is quick and painless. You will need to allow pop-ups for this to work:

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/#

Having just gone through this here in Illinois, I can say that most will not read the email, they will maintain a count. From their perspective, they are counting votes for their own re-election.

Also, please send a more personal message in addition to this.

Pete

Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.