March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner, Licensed to kill, KDGJ, Argo44, 1 invisible), 835 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,023
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

Below please find the letter I wrote to my congressmen shorty after the Newtown tragedy. Feel fee to use it as a template for a letter or email to contact your congressmen. IMO: The chances of it being read are better if it's short and to the point.
Jim

Dear Congressman_____________ or Dear Senator____________

I think we are all well aware that the leftist gun grabbers will make every attempt to capitalize on the Newtown Conn. tragedy to severely curtail or take away entirely our 2nd Amendment rights. We are also well aware that this tragedy was carried out by a mentally unbalanced individual as was the case with previous tragedies such as Columbine and Virginia Tech. This may be a good opportunity to return to the previous policy of institionalizing mentally ill people so they don't pose this kind of danger to society but that perhaps is another matter. I would ask for your support in strongly opposing any legislation that fundamentally impacts our 2nd Amendment rights. I would also recommend you consider introducing legislation to permit properly trained teachers to be armed on school property such as has been successfully done with airline pilots to deter further incidents by madmen.

Sincerely;

Last edited by italiansxs; 01/12/13 03:12 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This link(below) will make a good educational read for those on this forum who are not familiar with the deception regarding "assault weapons" which has been claimed by the gun grabbers and publicised by the 'mainstream news media" for years.
Jim

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs

That is a great presentation Jim. Thanks for the link.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Update:
It is being widely reported that Obama will issue 19 "Executive Orders" tomorrow regarding firearms. This if it happens totally bypasses Congress.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Update:
It is being widely reported that Obama will issue 19 "Executive Orders" tomorrow regarding firearms. This if it happens totally bypasses Congress.
Jim

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2518621#.UPXYH2fp_SM

Not to be outdone by Feinstein and others exploitation of a tragedy he will surround himself with children while doing it !

"Obama plans to surround himself with children during gun control announcement"

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced this afternoon that President Obama will unveil a “concrete package” of gun control proposals including assault weapons bans, high capacity ammunition magazine bans, and closing loopholes on background checks.

Carney said that the president will be joined by Vice President Joe Biden as well as children who wrote to the president after the Newtown shootings.

“They will be joined by children around the country expressing their concerns about gun violence and school safety, along with their parents,” Carney confirmed.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

That is a great presentation Jim. Thanks for the link.

+1. I posted on this several other forums as well - very straight-forward explanation against AWB.

Of course, here in MA they are getting ready to propose legislation to close the "loopholes" in the current "assault weapons" ban.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Proposed law in the Connecticut legislature:

General Assembly

Proposed Bill No. 122

January Session, 2013

LCO No. 543

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by:

SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose:

To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gspspinone
Proposed law in the Connecticut legislature:

General Assembly

Proposed Bill No. 122

January Session, 2013

LCO No. 543

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by:

SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose:

To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

My letter to Mr. Meyer:

Sen. Meyer,

I must respectfully share with you my concern and surprise after reading SB 122. As a law abiding citizen, and a responsible gun owner, I find your bill to be reactionary and punitive. To outlaw all firearms, but single shot firearms, is render an end to hunting, sport shooting (skeet, sporting clays, trap shooting, target shooting) and a citizens ability to defend his or her self or family. To introduce a law that would effectively make tens of thousands of Connecticut citizens criminals is short sighted and an example of the basest of political pandering. The horrific events at Sandy Hook need to be dealt with in an effective and comprehensive manner, not in a reactionary, knee jerk reaction. Not to mention that your proposed law flies on the face of the US Constitution, which as a lawyer you should understand.

I considered you a reasoned and prudent lawmaker (for whom I've cast a ballot)....until I read SB 122. I hereby withdraw my support from you in future races, as well as pledge to work to elect any other candidate that chooses to run against you. I will encourage my family, friends and acquaintances to do likewise.

You disappointed me, Mr. Meyer.

Respectfully,

David Ardito

Sidelock
Sidelock

THAT is just amazing! It is as if this year's flu virus has mutated into some sort of an infection that causes anyone elected to public office to turn into a gun grabbing idiot!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Blair
THAT is just amazing! It is as if this year's flu virus has mutated into some sort of an infection that causes anyone elected to public office to turn into a gun grabbing idiot!

X2 lots of RINO's out there !

I posted this in the "move it" basement but its pertinent here as well.

Whats most troubling,along with the useless attacks on the gun/mag is that they have completely ignored any solution to help protect children,armed guards.The latest polls agree,even the Dems (52% favor it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/01/15/why-wayne-lapierre-isnt-crazy/

In new polling conducted by the Washington Post and ABC News, there appears to be far more support for arming people in schools than you might think.

First, a majority (55 percent) of Americans in the poll support the idea of putting an armed guard in every school in the country, including 65 percent of Republicans, 53 percent of independents and 52 percent of Democrats.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.