March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (12boreman, craigd, Owenjj3, NCTarheel, gunmaker, 2 invisible), 396 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

I want to be very clear up front that this post is not intended to start an abortion debate - these numbers are offered only for a comparison to the White House's political rhetoric. I recognize that many members feel strongly about the abortion issue, but please do not let this thread get diverted into an abortion debate. I am posting these statistics to offer some context for the White House’s strategy of framing the gun-control debate as protecting our children from “assault weapons,” “high capacity rifles” and the like. Despite that rhetoric, here is what the Administration is willing to tolerate when they support a woman’s constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy.

• In 2008, approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the U.S. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S. (AGI).
• In 2009, the highest number of reported abortions occurred in New York (119,996) - 713 abortions per 1,000 live births in NYC.
• In 2009, 85% of all abortions were performed on unmarried women (CDC).
• 45% of abortions were performed on women with one or more prior abortions (CDC).
• At current rates, nearly one-third of American women will have an abortion (AGI).
• Only 12% of women included a physical problem with their health among reasons for having an abortion (NAF).
• One per cent (of aborting women) reported that they were the survivors of rape (NAF).

At least in MA and NY, it is far easier and faster to have an abortion than to obtain a license to own a firearm.

For the record, I am pro-choice (though not necessarily pro-abortion), so I am not posting this information to advance a hidden pro-life agenda.

These statistics came from this website:
Abortion Statistics

Last edited by Doverham; 01/17/13 04:52 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike:
This was years ago and based on interview results with convicted felons who were in prison. As I remember it; they pretty much universally stated they would avoid houses where the residents were known to be armed.
I'll see what I can come up with in print for you.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The new NY law requires all transfers go through a licensed dealer. Lots of people have heard about this and many democrats think it is a good idea. What I have not heard in the press but found when reading the law is that the law limits the fee a dealer can charge for a transfer to $10(page 8 line 50-52 of the law). I don’t know a dealer that would do a transfer for $10.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I don’t know a dealer that would do a transfer for $10.

In Mass., they are proposing a $25 fee cap I believe. I guess if no dealer will agree to transfer for that fee, the government will just mandate it - seems like that is standard solution these days.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"Sound wisdom. It is well known on Calguns that the liberal anti-gun politicians troll
that site to get ideas for the next ban. No kidding. My guess is the same thing may
be happening on other gun forums given all the liberal trolls I find on Breitbart and Foxnation or
the Daily Caller. "

I copied this post off another forum I frequent because I believe it's just as true here as there. The other thing anti-gunners do is monitor the gun related forums even when they're not successful in getting firearms regulation threads suppressed due to "politics".
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just some facts regarding Obama's views on gun ownership ;
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...e-Able-Own-Guns

Obama to John Lott;
"I don't believe people should be able to own guns."

Barack Obama reportedly said, "I don't think people should be able to own guns." In my correspondence with Lott, he stood by his story.

And there's little reason to doubt Lott's account, especially when you take Obama's history of anti-gun legislation into account.

Consider these examples:

1. In a 1998 questionnaire for the Illinois state legislature, Obama said he wanted to "ban the sale or transfer of all sorts of semi-automatic weapons."

2. From 1998-2001 Obama was on the board of the Joyce Foundation, the "major funder for gun-control research" at that time. (note so has Valerie Jarrett,one of his most trusted advisers who claimed "pay back time" after they win. Jarret "After we win its pay back time" )

3. Obama opposes concealed carry and always has (every state but Illinois disagrees with him).

4. Obama only sees two "legitimate" purposes for guns: "hunting and target shooting." This means using guns for self defense is not legitimate. And this goes a long way in explaining Obama's past support of laws banning the use of guns for self-defense in Illinois, even in one's own home.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Anybody seen this? Apparently they want to incite resistance. They continue to fan the flames. In fact, it's starting to look like the lines have been drawn and the pre-belligerency border exercises have begun. Best to make sure everything is Froglubed and packed properly in case it starts to spill over. Know exactly who your friends are too.

Drill Characterizes “Disgruntled” Second Amendment Advocates as Terrorists
Ohio exercise centers around WMD plot

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
January 18, 2013

A safety exercise involving police, national guard and emergency management officials in Portsmouth, Ohio was centered around the premise that individuals “disgruntled over the government’s interpretation of the Second Amendment” plotted to use weapons of mass destruction to terrorize the local community.

The exercise, which took place yesterday, was run by the Ohio Army National Guard 52nd Civil Support Unit, Scioto County first responders as well as local law enforcement.

“The make-believe scenario is timely,” reports WSAZ News Channel 3, “Two school employees who are disgruntled over the government’s interpretation of the Second Amendment, plot to use chemical, biological and radiological agents against members of the local community.”

The drill revolved around the scenario of the two pro-second amendment advocates killing a teacher before setting up a chemical lab to develop weapons of mass destruction.

Portsmouth Fire Chief Bill Raison said the exercise was necessary due to the threat of domestic terrorism.

“Most people think it’s not very likely. But we forget that there’s a lot of domestic terrorism. There’s organizations and things that go on within the United States that can be every bit as devastating as the international terrorism is. The Oklahoma City bombing was a domestic terrorist event. So we need to understand that those kinds of potential are here on a domestic level. And then also I think we need to remember that we’re not exempt from international terrorism. In fact, if I wanted to terrorize this country I would terrorize small town America,” Raison told the Portsmouth Daily Times.

The portrayal of pro-second amendment advocates as violent terrorists is sure to raise some eyebrows amidst a national debate about gun control following the Sandy Hook school massacre.

However, as we have exhaustively documented in the past, this is by no means the first time that Americans with constitutionalist political views have been demonized as dangerous radicals by both federal and state authorities in the context of so-called safety drills.

A 2009 New York Times report detailed how Homeland Security was training boy scouts to take on and disarm “disgruntled veterans” who are described as “terrorists”.

A number of drills have also been focused around the scenario of homeschooling parents turning into violent terrorists, including an exercise for the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District in 2004 which depicted a fictitious radical group called Wackos Against Schools bombing a school bus full of children.

Alex Jones has documented foreign troops being trained on U.S. soil to deal with “insurgents” since the late 1990′s as part of “urban warfare drills”.

In March 2009 we broke the story of the infamous MIAC report, leaked to us by two concerned Missouri police officers. The report listed Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag and equates them with radical race hate groups and terrorists.

A study released last year funded by the Department of Homeland Security also characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.

This article was posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:52 am

Sidelock
Sidelock

There will be a campaign conducted by the current administration in conjunction with the liberal controlled "mainstream news media" this year to portray responsible firearms owners and users in the worst possible light.
They have been sitting and waiting for just such an event as the tragedy that occurred in Newtown to get gun registation and ultimately confiscation moving again.
The don't care about facts. They don't care about the nutjobs that are loose in our society. They don't want armed guards in schools which is hypocritical as one can get looking at their own personal situations with their own children. The just want intermin regulations until they can "pick them all up" per Dianne Feinstein.
We have to continue with a logical,measured and supportable response to the unconstitutional actions in such States as New York and Conn. We cannot drop down to their level and resort to exaggerations and outright lies.
I think we can and will prevail in the end but we have the toughest fight of our lives facing us.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.