April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (eightbore, Momslefever), 440 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

It MUST be a good gun as it has REM Chokes smile
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The recently departed Tristar was also a 12 gauge, a fatal flaw for a three barrel gun, in my opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: justin
Well,there is a history of sporting guns with three barrels. Dickson is the first to come to mind and wasn't the Three Barrel Gun Co. In West Va. I'm sure there are others that tried their hand at it.
This gun looks like a klunker. At 8.5 lbs "home defense" would have to mean aerial attack
Not 100% sure, but I believe you might mean the Hollenbeck Gun, made in Moundsville, West "By God" VA..Any loaded and reliable gun you have in hand is a "home defense gun" when the drugged-up gang bangers target your home. About two weeks or so ago, a retired couple in an upscale Kentwood (Grand Rapids area) MI were shot stone cold dead by such a dirtbag-and their fairly new Cadillac was later found abandoned and torched about 5 miles away-- Want to guess how they were targeted and not any of the neighbors? They advertised the ir Caddy as For Sale on Graig's List- with photos showing it parked outside the curved lawn, home address, front door, no ADT signs or dogs in their photo, and of course, being the trusting sort, made their name and address available. Just a word of warning in this, today's scumbags have become Hi-Tech scumbags- look at all the Apple I-Pod rip-offs and smash and grabs-IMO-- best weapon for home defense is a reliable 12 gauge Riot shotgun- I prefer a pumpgun, and loaded with OO buck, with the spare rounds carrier, and also a charged cellphone handy-

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think it's fair to compare this with a drilling. The double bbl over a rifle in certain areas can be a down right handy tool (bird hunting out west when you bust bowinkle outa the bush) - I know a couple people that love that little savage dirty-dirty over 20ga.

In a tatical environment - it's a joke. You can find a lot better for $1500.

Home defense, if it's all you have - then great. But, if your going to spend 1500 smackaroonies, you can do much better.

Also a fan of the pump shotgun in the house. Buck/slug/buck/slug.

Gary

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello all...as someone who uses a double exclusively for waterfowl, I could see tri barrel gun being very useful, especially when one has to chase down cripple goldeneye ducks. The weight would keep the recoil from 3" shells from battering the shooter. Assuming it has auto selective ejectors, one could keep steel 7's in one barrel for the inevitable coup de gra(sp?) and your heavy shells in the other 2 barrels.

All sorts of possibilities here.

John Bourbon

Duckboats, decoys and double barrels...
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I am fairly certain it is not an ejector gun. Even the Germans didn't fall into that trap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore,
There were(are)German(&Austrian)drillings with ejectors.I agree that the problem is that it is 12ga.
Mike

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.