April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (UncleKP, Chantry, SKB, 2 invisible), 306 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,810
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bilious Bob
Suggestion du jour:

In addition to trying to convince others on this site who are already convinced that guns are in the crosshairs (no pun intended)... why don't you guys actually DO something?

I've already bestowed three "gift memberships" to the NRA on others who also find this crap appalling. And will keep doing so.

Got $35 handy to help keep your rights?

Great idea. Another way to help - this is a link to the webpage for making contributions to the NRA:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/donate.asp

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/24/13 10:45 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"why don't you guys actually DO something?"

Very early on here I published an email I had sent to my elected officials and asked others to do the same.

Additionally Ruger has an online facility so that anyone can notify their elected officials the they don't want any more gun laws.This is easily done in a 3 step process that only takes seconds.

JOIN THE NRA!!

This time none of us can afford to sit back and let others or the NRA take control of this situation. We ALL have to get involved.
Jim

BTW: If you think the "mainstream news media" will publicise that abomination of gun regulations that were proposed by the extreme liberals in New York but not adopted you have another think coming.

Last edited by italiansxs; 01/24/13 11:26 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gspspinone
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Why is this not being reported with more vigor?

This news report was from very early on and the Conn police state it's in error. The perp. went into the school with an AR15 and two pistols NOT 4. However we do know that the gun recovered from his car trunk was a shotgun and NOT an AR15 as was also reported.
However; The police still have not released any information as to which guns were used in this slaughter.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

To quote Hillary Clinton:

"What difference does it make!!!???"

The little SOB went into the school, killed a bunch of kids, and gave Democrats a perfect excuse to destroy your Second Amendment rights!

The issue NOW is to quite bitching about the media, stop trying to "convince the choir," and start supporting the only organization that has a snowball's chance in hell of stopping some of this: NRA.

Of course it only me, but I think that 237 angels can dance on the head of a pin...

Sidelock
Sidelock

As I said earlier, right now, a gift membership or new membership in the NRA is only $25.00 instead of the normal $35.00 for an annual membership. That will get you a magazine subscription and $7500.00 in free firearms insurance, plus a ton of information that you won't get from the Liberal media. Legislators will see the surge in membership and think twice about jeopardizing their jobs at re-election time.

Obama waited until after he no longer had to worry about re-election to roll out his life-long anti-gun vision. But he has no problems with asking Senators and Congressmen to risk their jobs to do his bidding. Your representatives need to be reminded that he is throwing them under the bus. They need to see that the NRA will be driving that bus and we will be on it.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is the list from Feinstein (Durbin,Schumer, Lehey and other "progressives"Note the sale and transfer part.

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Feinstein-Weapons-Ban-e1359047805173.jpg

Flanked by other anti-gun liberal lawmakers, including New York Sen. Chuck Schumer and Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, Feinstein announced the introduction of the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2013.”

The purpose is to dry up the supply of these weapons over time,” Feinstein revealed, according to the Washington Free Beacon. “Therefore, there is no sunset on this bill.”

The legislation being pushed by Feinstein — who has long history of calling for gun bans — would prohibit the sale, transfer, importation and manufacture of certain firearms.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/24/feinst.../#ixzz2Ivhio5bg

And in true democratic/progressive form:

Meanwhile, Illinois Senator Dick Durbin made it clear he doesn’t think it matters whether Feinstein’s legislation violates Second Amendment rights.

This isn’t an issue of simply Constitution, it’s an issue of conscious,” Durbin said. "We need responsible hunters and sportsman to step up and join us."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlic...r-time-n1496561

Once again Dick Durbin D :"IT DOES NOT MATTER IF FEINSTEINS REGISTRATION VIOLATES THE SECOND AMENDMENT"

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Feinstein and some members here use the words "weapons" and "firearms" interchangeably. It may appear to be splitting hairs but I believe it strengthens antis to use "weapons" because the general public tends to associate the word with military. Does the shooting sports fraternity think of its pistols, rifles and shotguns as weapons other than emergencies for personal security? It it does not, should we be using the word weapon with "assault" rifles front and centre of the controversy?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The is NO such thing as an "assault weapon" other than in a generic sense. The Liberal anti's coined the term to confuse the general public into believing they were talking about assault rifles such as the M16 which are select fire capable when they were really talking about AR15s which are semi-auto only. An "assault weapon" could be anything from a shotgun,to baseball bat to a hammer as anyone found guilty of illegally using one knows since the were charged and convicted of Assault.
To be specific an AR15 semi-automic only rifle would fall into the "assault weapon" category they are NOT assault rifles.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 01/24/13 07:43 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We're on the same page, Jim. It's the word I'm questioning. I'm listening to TV as I write that "these are weapons to kill people" and I hear distinguished retired generals say they're made for the battlefield. Not nomenclature to help, to my thinking.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just for the edification of the ill-educated, the term "assault rifle" was coined by one Adolf Hitler... only in German it's "sturm gewher." Most notably represented by the German Gewehr 43.

Thus, nobody should be going into the root of the term "assault rifle" at this time.

The word "weapon" is generally accepted as an implement of assault against another human. But what's wrong with that? My M-1911 is most certainly a weapon if some individual decides to assault me. Otherwise, it's just a "firearm."

In either case, Nancy Pelosi could care less.

Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.