March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ken Nelson, KY Jon, Jtplumb, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 819 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,027
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

NOW...

CBS and the NFL Team Up to destroy your Second Amendment Rights.

The "Sandy Hook Children's Chorus" is scheduled to sing during the big pre-game show. It's an orchestrated set-up.

That's the Super Bowl. The single, most watched event on TV. And these little wretches will be out there playing on the entire audience's heartstrings.

And that audience of MILLIONS will want to ban your guns. Doubles included.

Me? I'll be watching a Bruce Willis movie instead.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I never did watch the "Toilet" I mean Super Bowl. Instead I think I'll watch "The Outlaw Josie Wales" again. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cuomo ratings drop after gun bill

Good news but not as good as one might hope.

Quote:
The governor lost support from voters across the political spectrum. Gun owners were particularly upset with him; 50 percent said they disapproved of his job performance

So, 50% of NY gun owners still approve of his job performance?

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't doubt it. But... "what difference does it make"?

You really think New York has a chance to become a Red State any time in the next century?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good source of useful information and statistics: GOAL facts

Conclusion from Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International and Some Domestic Evidence, published in The Harvard Journal of Law and Policy vol. 30 at 649

Quote:
This Article has reviewed a significant amount of evidence from a wide variety of international sources. Each individual portion of evidence is subject to cavil—at the very least the general objection that the persuasiveness of social scientific evidence cannot remotely approach the persuasiveness of conclusions in the physical sciences. Nevertheless, the burden of proof rests on the proponents of the more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death mantra, especially since they argue public policy ought to be based on that mantra. To bear that burden would at the very least require showing that a large number of nations with more guns have more death and that nations that have imposed stringent gun controls have achieved substantial reductions in criminal violence (or suicide). But those correlations are not observed when a large number of nations are compared across the world.

Over a decade ago, Professor Brandon Centerwall of the University of Washington undertook an extensive, statistically sophisticated study comparing areas in the United States and Canada to determine whether Canada’s more restrictive policies had better contained criminal violence. When he published his results it was with the admonition:

If you are surprised by [our] finding[s], so [are we]. [We] did not begin this research with any intent to “exonerate” handguns, but there it is—a negative finding, to be sure, but a negative finding is nevertheless a positive contribution. It directs us where not to aim public health resources.

[footnotes deleted]

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hitting the Anti's in their Pocketbooks. I was just made aware of this development. Perhaps members from Pennsylvania can expand upon it:(Read Below)

A Boycott by vendors starting this weekend at one of the nation's largest hunting and fishing shows has led to the event's indefinite postponement. Pennsylvania businesses stand to lose tens of millions of dollars in revenue.

Some 200 shops and groups pulled out of the Harrisburg, Pa., event after organizers banned the sale and display of certain types of guns.
Rick Harro is one of the more than 1,000 exhibitors at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show who will be missing out on sales. For Harro, who sells Gobbler Getter turkey calls for $50 each, that's likely to add up to about $4,000 in lost revenue owing to the nine-day hunting and fishing extravaganza's postponement.
"This was my biggest show, and actually we were sort of counting on this to get me to my next couple shows," says Harro.

Following the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting, the show organizer banned the display of assault weapons at the event. Britian-based Reed Exhibitions would not comment for this story.

The decision led to a boycott that started with a south central Pennsylvania gun shop. Trop Gun Shop was the first vendor to drop out of the show that draws some 250,000 visitors each year. Sales manager James Diehl says the shop's owner didn't like being told what he could sell, especially because the rifles in question are legal.
Diehl says they had no idea the decision would spawn a movement.
"After we pulled out of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, and we got hundreds upon hundreds of likes on our Facebook page and the industry backed us up by pulling out of the show, subsequently, the business has been brisk," says Diehl.

Diehl says while he feels bad for smaller non-gun-related vendors who may be losing money, he thinks the decision to boycott the show has increased business at the shop.
The semi-automatic AR-15 rifle has been Diehl's hottest seller. It's so in demand there's only one in the shop, and it's spoken for. Diehl says it's popular not only because it was banned from the show but because many fear it will be outlawed if Congress approves new gun control measures.

Drivers on the interstate outside Harrisburg can still see a billboard advertising the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. And while the advertising is already paid for, the Hershey Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau estimates some $44 million in direct spending will be lost.

"I cried. I literally cried. I was devastated," says Sharon Altland, the visitors bureau's director of sales.
She says everyone from shuttle bus drivers to Girl Scouts who fundraise during the show could be affected. And she says some businesses may even have to close.
"Quite honestly, I don't know how they're going to survive. There's a lot of vendors that participate in this show that this is their No. 1 show. They only do one show a year," says Atland.

My Own Thoughts:

I am not all that familiar with this show but apparently the show promoters are located in Great Britian. I guess they didn't learn from the S&W experience when the compnay was under Britsh control. A decision made by the then CEO to cave in to the Clinton administration's outrageous firearms demands almost bankrupted S&W and tarnished it's reputation among firearms owners for many years.
I hate to say it but I'm becoming more convinced every day that the British brought their current horrific firearms regulations upon themselves by acting like meek sheep. Harsh perhaps; But we are in NO position to go along meekly with anything the gun grabbers propose.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 02/02/13 03:36 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, the British are not meek sheep because a majority in their modern democracy chose the "horrific" firearms regulations under which they wanted to live. Canadians were not meek because a majority voted for an over-zealous registry after a massacre in a Montreal college. Nor were they better people when they thought it through and reversed it. US governments representing the will of their citizens pulled out of Vietnam, Iraq and now Afghanistan when continuing was inimical to their national interests. They pulled out of Lebanon and Somalia when a barracks was blown up and a dead pilot dragged through the streets. All by and for the people. I don't think anyone would call America meek or weak.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Brown:
You are quite correct. Whenever the British Empire made a muck of it throughout the 20th Century, the USA was there to pull their bacon out of the fire. Twice.

No we're tossing our own bacon into the fire. Just like the Brits.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You make a good point, Bob. You're too hard on yourselves, too. Let me come at it another way: The US is broke, dependent on China to make the payroll to build aircraft carriers, pay the troops, roads and bridges, social services, all the amenities of a very progressive and civilized society. There's also the appearance of a dysfunctional government.

Communist China saving your bacon didn't happen overnight nor the fault of you, Drew, Craig, Jim, Mike and all other members here whom I feel I know fairly well from what they say. It's a consequence of what the American people chose, deliberately and consciously, at the ballot box. Does that make Americans spendthrifts who can't govern themselves? No, it does not. The US has been overly generous in making its empire.

Which comes to the British Empire: a dominating power throughout the world, and the US succeeded it to make its own. Both became over-extended and both withdrew from their far-flung outposts when the costs in blood and treasure exceeded their resources to continue. US now looks to its friends to do more, as did Great Britain when it stood alone for years against the fascists before the US got into it---for years, twice.

As in any struggle, and I think of the US proposals as a serious struggle for the shooting sports, there are going to be casualties on both sides. It's important, however, to make a distinction between enemies and adversaries. Enemies we destroy but adversaries are opponents to defeat whom we may need later as an ally, as a Liberal leader said here the other day. The pro-gun lobby here didn't demonize anyone in getting rid of the gun registry.

Labelling members of a particular political party as inimical to the national interests, as citizens below the salt as liars and worse, would not have provided the relatively harmonious and productive result we got in Canada. (Yes, I agree, oldstarfire, that there's a lot more to be done!)

Regards, King

Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.