March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Researcher, Jimmy W, SKB, arrieta2), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 37 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

Edelman, world's biggest public relations firm, in its 2013 Trust Barometer reported that its poll showed only 18 per cent trusted business leaders to tell the truth, and 13 per cent trusted political leaders to do what they say.

The masters of spin should know.

Harnessing, collaborating or making coalitions with community organizations of like mind concerning the 2nd Amendment, bottom-up with the tools of change in the hands of ordinary people, could help in the struggle.

Gays in the Boy Scouts was stopped in its tracks by the Mormons yesterday.

(I believe the above meets Dave's injunction to stay on the task: "Pro Gun informational USA 2nd Amendment stop finish." It's pro-gun, informational, and not personal.)

Last edited by King Brown; 02/07/13 11:26 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Posted again,to avoid dilution by off topic blabber;

Great interview with David Keene NRA President,well worth the 1/2 hr to listen too.
Note how much money Bloomberg is going to spend,also the number of actual proscription's from backround check denials

Bloomberg,Obama and Clinton and their attack on the 2nd amendment.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/2nd-amendment-vs-bloomberg-obama/

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Edit: Deleted one paragraph of personal opinion which was obvious to everyone anyway. Spit out the bait.

Something that is pro-gun informational is to observe the tactics Obama is using in his anti-gun road-show. Note carefully that he is appealing to the public to contact their legislators to tell them that they demand gun control now. Although I have zero respect for Obama, he knows that legislators listen when they are contacted by their constituants. He knows that every call, letter. or e-mail represents about 100 voters who don't make contact with their legislators. We all need to let our Senators and Congressmen know how we feel and remind them that we will remember how they voted when they seek re-election. Now that Obama is making the same kind of appeal, it is even more important that none of us rely on others to speak for us, or worse, have anti-gunners getting a majotity of attention from Congress.

Last edited by keith; 02/08/13 08:46 AM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, I agree that bringing attention to any pro-gun information to help protect integrity of 2nd amendment here is exactly what Dave Weber intended. Your attending description of the interview does not infringe Dave's rules. Your post is an example to follow.Your reminder of off-topic blabber---personal opinion, imputing of motives proscribed by Dave---is an imperative I will observe to keep this from being sent off to Misfires. Thank you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eric Holder;
Obama decides who's "entitled" to second amendment rights !

If that doesn't wake up the "its not my shotguns so who cares" then nothing will !

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...mendment-Rights

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have received replies from both U.S. Senators from Pennsylvania. Senator Robert Casey is strongly considering supporting the Feinstein bill while Senator Pat Toomey supports the portions that deal with tougher backround checks and universal backround checks (the Backdoor Federal Registry of law abiding gun owners).

I have sent replies to both Senators urging them to reconsider any infringment on the Second Amendment, and I reminded them that I will actively campaign and vote against any representative that votes to support legislation that restricts the rights of law abiding gun owners.

Congressman Mike Kelly also replied and he is 100% on the side of the Second Amendment. I have thanked him and told him I would fully support his re-election.

I urge any Pennsylvania gun owners here to continue to call, e-mail, and write these U.S. Senators. Senator Casey in particular needs to be reminded that he risks losing his job if he does not reverse his extreme position. I politely reminded both that president Obama did not risk re-election by advancing his anti-gun agenda in his first term, but he has no qualms about asking them to risk their jobs now.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Canadians may lend support as I did a month or so ago with short, punchy correspondence. As a member of a family with a distinguished military record, I tried to connect with former fighter pilot and POW McCain.

"Dear Senator McCain:

"As a Canadian with friends in Arizona, of three generations of pilots including combat overseas and my POW father an organizer of The Great Escape, I felt I should tell you of my experience working successfully with our current Defence Minister against gun control. You were with Peter last year in Halifax.

"To keep this short, nothing in our time will stop gun violence. Canada is low in violence with the world's highest suicide rates in our Arctic. A Harvard study of gun violence is empirically clear: "To reiterate, the determinants of murder and suicide are basic social, economic and cultural factors, not the form of deadly mechanism."

"We got rid of the gun registry by appealing to Reason: it was ineffective and wasteful of public money. It made criminals of long-gun owners who did not register their rifles and shotguns. The current US turmoil of assault rifles etc is almost irrelevant. There will be compromises. Take Reason with you against registration.

Kind regards, Kingsley Brown

Sidelock
Sidelock

understood completely.

Last edited by craigd; 02/09/13 06:47 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, we should not comment on the posts of others to preserve integrity of this special place. In the spirit of serving inquisitiveness, the juxtaposition of murder and suicide accommodates the Harvard study that the "deadly mechanism" isn't the issue as much as the people we are and our choices.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is some Meaningful Information from a Canadian perspective. This video newscast is worth watching.
Jim
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featu...n/2081848359001

N.B.
If you feel it's necessary to comment on this video please do so in the Misfires area where personal opinions are permitted.

Last edited by italiansxs; 02/09/13 04:55 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 14 of 37 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.