March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 37 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

From today's PJ Media: Just another Hypocrite!

Gun control advocate and astronaut Mark Kelly recently bought one of the rifles that he and his gun control group rail against. The husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords purchased an AR-15 rifle at a Tucson gun shop on March 5.

He made no public statement about the purchase, until news broke that he had done it.

Confronted with news of his “assault” weapon purchase, Kelly said that he bought the rifle only to prove that it’s too easy to buy such weapons.

Well, it turns out that the specific rifle that Kelley chose to buy isn’t so easy to buy. It’s a second-hand rifle. Therefore, it takes longer for the purchase to be completed, according to a statement released to Breitbart by the gun shop at which Kelley bought the rifle:

On March 5, 2013 Mr. Mark Kelly purchased a Sig Sauer 45 caliber pistol and a Sig Sauer M400 5.56 AR style rifle from my company, Diamondback Police Supply Co. in Tucson, AZ. The rifle, having been purchased in trade from another customer, cannot be released to Mr. Kelly or any other customer for a minimum of 20 days in accordance with local ordinances. Mr. Kelly did not ask for any modifications to the rifle, nor are we making any. Once the hold period is up, Mr. Kelly must then show proper identification, complete the Federal Firearms Transfer Record (Form 4473) and successfully complete the NICS background check prior to his taking physical possession of the firearm. [emphasis added]

The applicable local ordinances delay purchases of second-hand weapons by almost three weeks. This raises an obvious question: Why did Mark Kelly choose to buy a rifle that it would take 20 days to buy, if his intent was really to show how easy it is to buy that rifle?

Second-hand rifles tend to cost far less than new ones. Kelly admits that he was in the shop buying a handgun when he spotted the rifle. The most obvious answer to all this is that Kelly saw a rifle he wanted and bought it, believing that no one would ever find out about it. Astronaut Kelly figured no one out here would be smart enough to catch him. Then when caught, he lied about why he bought the rifle.

Oops.

UPDATE:

This "story" is now even more bizarre:

Here is part of the interview Kelly did with Wolf Blitzer after he was caught red handed buying an AR 15 in a Tucson gun shop:

“What are you going to do with the AR-15?” Blitzer asked.

“Well, the plan is to turn it into the Tucson police department,” Kelly replied, just as he had on Facebook. He also told Blitzer that he plans to keep the .45 that he purchased. “Gabby and I are gun owners,” he said, “strong supporters of the Second Amendment, had guns all my life. I’ll be keeping the .45, turning in the AR-15. but the important thing that’s coming up this week, what’s going to happen in the Senate Judiciary Committee. It is important we get this universal background checks passed.”

Blitzer persisted. “Just to be precise,” he said, “your intention was always to hand over the AR-15 to the police department?”

“Absolutely, yeah,” Kelly responded. “I have no use for a gun like that. From my military experience, it is important that the military have assault weapons with high capacity magazines. I really think the access that the public has to these, it is too easy, as I demonstrated the other day. It is easy to buy an assault weapon, they’re readily available, and they really shouldn’t be."

I guess military retirement pay is higher than I expected to be able to spend $1500(minimum) on an AR 15 only to turn it over to the police.

Last edited by italiansxs; 03/14/13 02:20 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another view on "Gun Control".
Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RABZq5IoaQ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Update on Senate "Gun Control" bill:

WASHINGTON (AP) - All but ending chances for an assault weapons ban, Democratic leaders said Tuesday the firearms legislation the Senate will debate next month won't include the provision that gun-control advocates pressed for after an assault-type weapon was used in the Newtown school shootings in December.

Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he wanted to bring a gun bill to the full Senate that would have enough support to overcome any GOP attempts to prevent debate from even starting. He expressed concern that including the assault weapons provision might effectively block passage of any bill at all.

Instead, the sponsor of the provision, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, said she will offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment. But Feinstein is all but certain to need 60 votes from the 100-member Senate to prevail, and she faces solid Republican opposition as well as likely defections from some Democrats.

"I very much regret it," Feinstein, D-Calif., told reporters of Reid's decision. "I tried my best."

Reid said that "using the most optimistic numbers," there were less than 40 votes for Feinstein's ban. That is far less than the 60 needed to begin considering legislation.

"I'm not going to try to put something on the floor that won't succeed. I want something that will succeed. I think the worst of all worlds would be to bring to something to the floor and it dies there," Reid said.

Feinstein, an author of the 1994 assault weapons ban that expired after a decade, said that Reid told her of the decision on Monday.

There are 53 Democrats in the Senate, plus two independents who usually vote with them.

An assault-type weapon was used in the December massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., that revived gun control as a top issue in Washington. Banning those firearms was among the proposals President Barack Obama made in January in response to those slayings.

The assault weapons ban was the most controversial of the major proposals to restrict guns that have been advanced by Obama and Senate Democrats. Because of that, it had been expected that the assault weapons measure would be left out of the initial package the Senate considers, with Democrats hoping the Senate could therefore amass the strongest possible vote for the overall legislation.

Having a separate vote on assault weapons might free moderate Democratic senators facing re-election next year in Republican-leaning states to vote against the assault weapons measure, but then support the remaining overall package of gun curbs.

Gun control supporters consider a strong Senate vote important because the Republican-run House has shown little enthusiasm for most of Obama's proposals.

Feinstein said Reid told her there will be two votes.

One would be on her assault weapons ban, which also includes a ban on ammunition magazines that carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The second would just be on prohibiting the high-capacity magazine clips.

Many Democrats think the ban on large-capacity magazines has a better chance of getting 60 votes than the assault weapons ban.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has approved four gun control measures this month, including Feinstein's barring assault weapons and high capacity magazines. The others would expand required federal background checks for firearms buyers, increase federal penalties for illegal gun trafficking and boost school safety money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Feinstein, the darling of the California anti-gun crowd will get massive donations to her campaign for her efforts (that she knew would go absolutely nowhere)thus ensuring her re-election and ability to live off the taxpayers. This was politics to her...the real danger yet to come is what Obama really wants; the UNIVERSAL background check(national registration). Read Chuck Shumer's bill if you want an indication of how strict this would be. Feinstein's bill was, and is, a smoke screen hoping to lull the pro-gun people into complacency. Remember the "we have to pass this so we will know what's in it.." BS about Obamacare? Any universal background check bill will have a ton of hidden crap in it. Under Schumer if you left home for a certain amount of days and left YOUR NATIONALLY REGISTERED GUNS at home where another person also lived you BOTH would be guilty of a felony. If you loan a gun to a friend at the trap range....FELONY...let your son use your rifle on a hunting trip...FELONY. The list goes on. Schumer's bill hasn't attracted much attention with the attention focused on Feinstein's theatrics, and watch for it to be sneaked in as an amendment to a larger bill such as background checks for people with mental health issues or something similar that appears less draconian. The only way to ensure this doesn't happen is to keep emailing and calling your representatives. Colorado just got screwed due to NYC Nanny Michael Bloomberg and his $$$$$$. Don't let it happen nationally. The real fights, however, will be in the local and state courtrooms and possibly the supreme court. (remember, these a**es like Shumer and Feinstein could have been working on the budget and deficit.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

NY State has established a toll-free tip line – 1-855-GUNSNYS (1-855- 486-7697) to encourage residents to report illegal firearm possession. The tip line also allows for information to be submitted via text – individuals can text GUNTIP and their message to CRIMES (274637). The New York State Police staff the tip line 24 hours a day. Upon receiving a call, troopers will solicit as much information as possible regarding a firearm tip then contact the appropriate police agency with the lead to initiate an investigation. If the information leads to an arrest for the illegal possession of a firearm, the “tipster” will be awarded $500

My view:
The Gestapo is alive and functioning in the United States today.
As an aside: What a perfect way to harass a neighbor you don't like. Just report him or her as a possible illegal gun owner and wait for the police to swoop in.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why am I so wary of the left's blatant sleight-of-hand cries for "common sense" gun control measures and so adamant about not relinquishing ANY of my 2nd amendment rights? Simple; as a Texas CHL holder, I have passed a more intense background check than the Corruption-in-Chief Obama ever has. Nuff' said.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oklahoma Senator Inhofe introduced an amendment to the budget that was approved. His amendment banned the U.S. from agreeing to any UN Small Arms Trade Treaty. 46 Senators voted NAY, meaning they were for the treaty. They are listed below and should be voted out of office in the next election, and Senators voting for the amendment should be praised.
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ro...&vote=00091

Sidelock
Sidelock

On the Cover of the April 2013 issue of the NRA's American Rifleman is the perfect depiction of the empty suit attempting to shoot an O/U shotgun.....

The very bold caption on the cover reads:

ONLY YOU CAN SAVE OUR GUNS FROM "KING PINOCCHIO"

ABSOLUTELY THE PERFECT COVER, TAG LINE AND PICTURE, A MUST SEE......IF NOT ALREADY A MEMBER, JOIN THE NRA AND HELP FIGHT THIS ADMINISTRATION OF IDIOTS.

So much for the NRA using the "civil" wording that some of you recommend......!........I love it, it's about time they called a spade a spade.......!........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"IF NOT ALREADY A MEMBER, JOIN THE NRA AND HELP FIGHT THIS ADMINISTRATION OF IDIOTS.
"

If you are on this forum and not part of the small contingent of anti gun trolls we have to contend with and you are NOT an NRA member you are doing a disservice to yourself and the community. BY all means cough up the small amount required and join the NRA Now.
Jim.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And don't forget to call and write your senators and representatives. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Page 17 of 37 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.