May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (canvasback, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 322 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,031
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pooch Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What all needs to be fixed on the 3200 when it is updated. The obvious one is the plate fixed to the breech. However I see some guns with the dot prior to the serial number with no evidence of the breech fix. I am dubious of such guns.

JLN Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would contact Laib's Gunsmithing out of Spicer, MN. They don't have a website, but they are one of the 3200 repair experts. They the breech fix, and they strengthen the forearm and other stuff.

I would call them and they can walk you through all the options.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The breech face plate is a fix for elongated firing pin holes and has nothing to do with the "factory update". Laib's is about the only source of either repair. They will provide you with a cost sheet for individual services. Over on the shotgunworld forums, someone recently posted the price list. The breech plate is something usually not neccesary, only needed after hundreds of thousands of rounds.

pooch Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What does one look for when determining the gun has a factory update and not a punch mark made by an unscrupulous seller?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

First off the only guns you have to worry about are the early ones with the two larger pins at the back of the receiver --

When looking at the breechface, if a gun is unmodified it will be smooth. The "update" guns will show two hex key head screw heads at the bottom corners of the breechface. The early basic Field, Skeet, Trap and "Special" Trap guns that would need the factory update all just had the dog roll-stamping on the sides of the receiver. Once guns started coming from the factory with the update they added a wreath around the dog --

By 1977 the lower pin was gone from the sides of the receiver --

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe that the update also included a strut added between the upper and lower tangs. The factory indicated the mod with a punch mark in the serial number, between the letters and the digits. On guns that were given the mod after serial numbers were applied, the dot was crowded in, but on guns that were originally built with the mod, additional space was allowed for the punch mark.

pooch Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good stuff!!!! Thanks guys!

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a 3200 "sticky" on SWG.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopi...d182215a6253298
I sent my first run 3200 to Laib's 5 years ago and surprisingly, he didn't recommend the factory "Full Monty" that Remington did for free when the problems were first noted. He changed out the ejector assemblies and that was it. Gil

Boxlock
Boxlock

I have an immaculate (no nicks or scratches) Remington 3200. It's a pre '77 (2 pins), wreath around the dog, punch mark between U & serial number (not crammed in), 2 allens on the breech face, high gloss wood, 27 1/2" skeet barrels and 29 1/2" trap barrels. I don't believe its been fired a lot. What is a fair price to ask?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are both sets of barrels from Remington? Two barrel sets from Remington are somewhat rare. I have the gun which was their prototype for multiple barrel 3200's.

I assume the stock has field dimensions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.