March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Roundsworth, Argo44, RWG, 3 invisible), 352 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The number for congress is 202-224-3121

Take the time today to make your views known, before it is too late. Thank you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know much of this is old news to many of you but I think it bears repeating.
Jim

http://pjmedia.com/blog/obamas-lying-problem-about-firearms/

More "Grist From The Mill" published in today's Military Newsletter:

Liberals Go Crazy For The Mentally Ill

The one clear thread that unites all the mass murders currently being exploited by the Democrats is that they were committed by visibly crazy people who were unaccountably not institutionalized. But Democrats refuse to do anything about crazy people. Apparently, the views of families with relatives murdered by severely disturbed individuals are no longer relevant when it comes to institutionalizing the mentally ill.

If liberals had a decent argument for taking guns away from the law-abiding while doing nothing to prevent schizophrenics from getting guns, they'd make it. Manifestly, they don't, so they send out victims to make the argument for them, knowing no one will argue with a person whose child has just been murdered.

This allows liberals to act as if Republicans' only counter-argument to their idiotic gun control proposals is: We don't mind dead children.

The truth is the opposite. Republicans are pushing policies that will reduce gun violence; Democrats are pushing policies that will increase gun violence.

All the actual evidence -- mountains of it, in peer-reviewed studies by highly respected economists and criminologists and endlessly retested -- shows that limits on magazine capacity, background checks and assault weapons bans will accomplish nothing. Only one policy has been shown to dramatically reduce multiple public shootings: concealed-carry laws.

Unfortunately, there are no similar studies on the effect of involuntary commitment laws for the mentally deranged because no such laws exist anymore and therefore can't be tested. But we do know that the number of mass public shootings has ballooned since crazy people were thrown out of mental institutions in the 1970s.

For most of the 20th century, from 1900 to 1970, there was an average of four mass public shootings per decade. Throughout the '70s, as the loony bins were being emptied, the average number of mass shootings suddenly shot up to 13. In the 3.3 decades since 1980, after all the mental institutions had been turned into condos, mass shootings skyrocketed to 36 on average per decade.

Mass shootings don't correlate with gun ownership; they correlate with not locking up schizophrenics.

Continue reading: http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2013/04/11/liberals-go-crazy-for-the-mentally-ill-n1564243

Last edited by italiansxs; 04/11/13 02:59 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I see that both of my Georgia republican senators, Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isaacson, voted with the democrats to close out the filibuster of the gun control legislation. I guess it's all on the floor for discussion and vote now. If the 2nd amendment of the constitution is not worthy of a minority party filibuster, then I have to wonder what is.

Chambliss already knew his career was over for bedding down too often with the democrats and has announced his intention not to run again. I guess Isaacson has decided to come home too...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

A "thoughtful" cry response to my letter to our newest Senator. Clearly an independent thinker focused on real world solutions and not political sound-bites. I am particularly impressed by her willingness to look beyond guns to focus on the real problems of mental health and the epidemic of violence in the media:

Quote:
Dear Hamilton,

Thank you for contacting me about efforts to curb gun violence.

Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.

Tragically, the shooting in Newtown was not an isolated incident. Research by the Children's Defense Fund shows that, on average, nearly nine children and teenagers die every day from gun violence - thousands every year, and tens of thousands every decade. If nine children were dying of a mysterious illness every day, our country would do everything in its power to stop it.

That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired federal ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and I will fight for its passage in the United States Senate. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I strongly support those efforts as well.

There is no one solution for ending gun violence, but commonsense reforms like a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals would be a responsible way forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

Last edited by Doverham; 04/12/13 04:05 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doverham
A "thoughtful" response to my letter to our newest Senator. Clearly an independent thinker focused on real world solutions and not political sound-bites. I am particularly impressed on her willingness to look beyond guns to focus on the real problems of mental health and the epidemic of violence the media:
Quote:

That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired federal ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and I will fight for its passage in the United States Senate. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I strongly support those efforts as well.

There is no one solution for ending gun violence, but commonsense reforms like a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals would be a responsible way forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

You MUST REALIZE that your new Senator is "Marching In Step" precisely with B.O. and the other Liberal Democrats STEP FOR STEP to pass (ON ALL OF US COAST TO COAST) more "useless" gun owner suppressive Federal laws that have already been proven NOT TO REDUCE VIOLENCE or "SAVE THE CHILDREN".............

These are exactly, item for item, the Democrat Proposals to gun legislation THAT WE ARE FIGHTING TO STOP.......

Join, support and fund the NRA........

***Thanks for the clarification DH, before the laughing face it looked like you were buying into the liberal double speak.......you know how liberals are, change bait for each species of fish, er citizen.....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug - sorry, I guess my sarcasm did not carry through loud enough [I have added some clarification]. . . . At least she responded (unlike most of my other elected representatives), but her response shows a complete lack of understanding of the real issues. Expected, but still very disappointing.

Here is an interesting survey of law enforcement officers and their reaction to current gun control proposals. Too bad Senators Warren, Feinstein, et al are not bothering to consider information from the police officers who are on the front line of this issue:

Police One Survey

Last edited by Doverham; 04/12/13 04:05 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Peoples" Petition to Confiscate all Guns and Repeal the 2nd Amendment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2diNojgJF9c

The apparent ignorance and stupidity of some of these signers cannot be overemphasized.
JIm

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just emailed my Senators and requested that they opposed this so-called "compromise".

The Schumer-Manchin-Toomey so-called "compromise Amendment.
This IMO if passed would put us well on the way towards a universal registration system.

Please email your Senator's as well.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

No anal retentives in Arizona named Cuomo,Bloomberg or Shumer!!

Arizona: Two Pro-Gun Bills Pass in Legislature and Go to Governor

Today, the Arizona Senate approved two pro-gun bills. House Bill 2455 passed by a 18-12 vote and would prohibit government-sponsored destruction of seized or surrendered firearms. Introduced by state Representative Brenda Barton (R-6), HB 2455 passed in the House of Representatives by a 36 to 23 vote on March 7.

The Arizona Senate also approved House Bill 2326 by 19-11 vote. Sponsored by state Representative Eddie Farnsworth (R-12), HB 2326 would provide meaningful privacy protections for firearm owners, and passed in the Arizona House by a 46 to 13 vote on March 7. Both of these bills are eligible for Governor Jan Brewers signature.

HB 2455 would require any firearms forfeited to or confiscated by a law enforcement agency to be sold to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder in exchange for money, new equipment or ammunition. As a result, previously owned firearms that are collected would maintain their value and their sale to the public would help recover public funds when budgets are strained.

HB 2326 would restrict the ability of any political subdivision from requiring or retaining a record in any form, whether permanent or temporary, of any identifying information of a person who owns, possesses, purchases, sells or transfers a firearm. In other parts of the country, anti-gun media outlets have abused their privileges under the Freedom of Information Act and have jeopardized the safety of law-abiding citizens by publishing the names and addresses of registered gun owners. Contrary to their claims, these media elites have not increased public safety and have instead simply provided a map for criminals to use for their next burglary and firearm theft. HB 2326 would prevent this from happening in Arizona.

Thank you to the state Senators who voted for these important pro-gun reforms and

Last edited by italiansxs; 04/17/13 09:36 AM.

Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.