March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Little Creek, DaveB, gunmaker, bushveld, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 792 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't understand Keith's comment as it pertains to the quote. I most certainly don't understand the comments about range officers. Range officers don't have a whit to do with immediate correction of bad shotgun range behavior. It's all about the squad members or a spectator in close proximity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see now...

Repeated function problems.

Idiot.

Fancy stocked semi-auto.

Somehow it all fits.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just as very young children have their own reality so do many older citizens.We think it cute in 4 year olds but not so much with 80 year old drivers and skeet shooters.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully we will all get to reach this age and still be able to shoot, but age does not have to bring on stupidity. It seems to me that he has always been this way with no regard to safety. And yes, the squad should have said something to him. When the discharge incident happened, he should have been led off the field by the RO who had been told about it before, after all it is his job.

Last edited by JDW; 04/14/13 10:56 AM.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

eightbore, to explain my comment on Gnomoron's post... he was one of the guys who adamantly (and dishonestly) insisted that Obama was no threat to the Second Amendment. He continued to do this even though it was obvious that Obama was an avowed anti-gunner through his Operation Fast and Furious, his anti-gun Supreme Court picks, his anti-gun V.P choice, his administration's reversal of the Bush position on the U.N. Small Arms Treaty, his disagreement with the Heller and McDonald Supreme Court decisions that affirmed the 2nd provided an Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms, his promise to Sarah Brady to pursue gun control "under the radar", his appointment of an anti-gunner to head BATF, and his 100% anti-gun voting record as an Illinois and U.S. Senator.

I was just trying to say that one could cause damage to a high house skeet station through an accidental discharge, or one could cause even greater damage to their country by voting for someone like Obama who has an obvious agenda to erode and eliminate one of our Constitutional Civil Rights. That's all.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Thank you for posting this. The RO should have intervened. But since he didn't, it would have been perfectly acceptable for you to say something.

I have seen similar things and am myself getting into that precarious age. I'm in my 70s and most of the guys I shoot and hunt with are also. We are all aware of the possibilities of our frailties and we do watch each other and will comment if necessary.

We also use only doublegun shotguns and bolt-action or double rifles. I personally will not hunt with someone using an autoloader.

There does come a time when we all have to pack it in. And hopefully we do it before we cause a tragedy.

Typical liberal response from a Obama supporter, blame the gun and not the person-or those that where there to prevent this from happening.

Select fire,Semi Auto,double barrel,bolt action it does not matter if the guy does not control his muzzle then its just a matter of time until something like that happens.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't get the disdain for anyone shooting something that doesn't have two barrels. In this day and age we need to encourage every shooter we can, and enforce safe gun handling practices on all of them. I like SxSs, but I also like to shoot clays with my semi autos. I know I have pissed off many a shooter over muzzle direction, and quite frankly I don't give a damn, and I will do it again and each and every time I see an infraction. Too late after something goes bad wrong.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I attend continental hunts with some frequency. I find this to be the common theme that certainly relates:

Doubleguns = proper attire + proper sportsmanship + proper respect for game + good shooting.

Pumps and Autos = a$$h@le in jeans + crappy shooting + unsafe gun handling.

A properly trained gentleman can shoot anything safely, however stereotypes are telling 95% of the time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good grief. How 1950s.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rookhawk
I attend continental hunts with some frequency. I find this to be the common theme that certainly relates:

Doubleguns = proper attire + proper sportsmanship + proper respect for game + good shooting.

Pumps and Autos = a$$h@le in jeans + crappy shooting + unsafe gun handling.

A properly trained gentleman can shoot anything safely, however stereotypes are telling 95% of the time.

I find the statement above beyond ridiculous. Although I shoot and hunt with doubles 99% of the time now, my Dad and Uncles who brought me into the sport and shaped my attitudes toward safety were all pump and auto guys. I was allowed to use only single shots until I could prove safe gun handling habits and shooting prowess. I was continually warned that even one minor infraction such as swinging my muzzle at any other person for any reason... loaded or unloaded... was grounds to be banned from ever accompanying them again. I had no question that they meant this. They flat out told me they would never hunt with anyone who might accidently shoot someone. No second chances! Period!

Most of the folks I've hunted and shot with since those days also use something besides doubleguns. Very very few have exhibited poor shooting and unsafe gun handling in spite of the fact that many wore jeans and shot pumps and autos. I think the fact that most states have mandatory hunter safety courses now for beginners, some of the bad habits that were passed on from one generation to another have slowly been bred out of the sport. The statistics for accidental shootings and fatalities among hunters and shooters bears this out. To say that "Pumps and Autos = a$$holes in jeans+ crappy shooting + unsafe gun handling" is just wrong and it gives factually incorrect ammunition to anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.