May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Replacement, Jimmy W, KDGJ, 1 invisible), 799 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,483
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

HI, while looking thru GB, I happened to spot a nice 2" Turner BLE. I also noticed another 2" Turner. Lo and behold the same gun, but different sellers. Have a look:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=342301464

and

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=342148499

I smell a rat.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

The titles of the two ads even use the same headline, punctuation and all. One is in Red Bold though.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could this be a scam?

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

I emailed Jay about it yesterday,or Thursday. I didn't get a response.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I did report this to GB, so we'll see what happens. I doubt Jay is the guilty party if there is something fishy going on.

Time will tell.

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

My only intention was to make Jay aware of it.
terc

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: terc
My only intention was to make Jay aware of it.
terc

terc, I know that, sorry if you thought otherwise. I take my hat off to you for contacting him. I've dealt with him in the past and he's always been an upfront guy.

The other guy has got a A+ rating and a lot of transactions also.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Take care and sorry if I offended you.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since there are only a few photos posted by one seller I do suspect that Jay has the gun in hand or was the original seller. This could be a gun on consignment, perhaps with one seller not knowing the owner has a second seller trying to sell the same gun at the same time. I have seen this happen before when a gun gets listed on two different sites by two different sellers. Seems the one seller had the gun listed and re-listed for months then the second seller was given the "Rights" to sell the gun on a consignment basis by the owner and listed it for sale on a another site. The seller figured two sellers are better than one and does not think he is abusing either of the sellers.

The problem is that the second seller listed it as a no reserve auction and it looks to be selling for very little money. How did any seller get permission to sell that gun with no reserve and not a decently high starting price. 2" guns are not so popular that you can count on a bidding war to run the price up. That gun will not be sold for a grand. Something is going to stop this sale. Perhaps a last minute withdrawal siting listing error.

If the second seller had not many feed backs or a bad track record I might suspect fraud but in this case I do not know. One way to avoid this type on conflict is to alter photos with a watermark that shows the sellers name in the photo in such a way that hijacking photos is not possible. Make the second seller take his own photos which would require him to have the gun in his possession.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Since there are only a few photos posted by one seller I do suspect that Jay has the gun in hand or was the original seller. This could be a gun on consignment, perhaps with one seller not knowing the owner has a second seller trying to sell the same gun at the same time. I have seen this happen before when a gun gets listed on two different sites by two different sellers. Seems the one seller had the gun listed and re-listed for months then the second seller was given the "Rights" to sell the gun on a consignment basis by the owner and listed it for sale on a another site. The seller figured two sellers are better than one and does not think he is abusing either of the sellers.

The problem is that the second seller listed it as a no reserve auction and it looks to be selling for very little money. How did any seller get permission to sell that gun with no reserve and not a decently high starting price. 2" guns are not so popular that you can count on a bidding war to run the price up. That gun will not be sold for a grand. Something is going to stop this sale. Perhaps a last minute withdrawal siting listing error.

If the second seller had not many feed backs or a bad track record I might suspect fraud but in this case I do not know. One way to avoid this type on conflict is to alter photos with a watermark that shows the sellers name in the photo in such a way that hijacking photos is not possible. Make the second seller take his own photos which would require him to have the gun in his possession.

Very well said and thought out, good point about it being a consignment piece. But to look at it on the surface, sure looks funny.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if there was a bid on Jay's ad also.

Kind of fun to follow and see what happens!

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I were Jay I would bid on it on the other site. See if the seller is going to sell it for a grand when he is trying to get eight grand on another site.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.