March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Little Creek, DaveB, gunmaker, bushveld, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 792 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's bloody nonsense to even imagine this a forum for discussion of religious doctrine. No more proof is needed than ed's question blindsiding Drew who has never claimed that he, his congregation or denomination is the authority on God's word. It's mischief, pure and simple.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

foxie: you are sooo clever and soo trashy...and I know you can do better as well.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gee king: don't recall blind siding drew. please e lab bore rate?

and why is it bloody nonsense to discuss religious doctrine here?

ever read the writings of a guy named martin luther? or was he a heretic, not worthy of your time?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought anything went on the "Misfires" forum.I'm open to just about anyone's opinion on anything. I've learned something from a lot of different people that others might shun because of various reasons.Keep an open mind and learn something.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I apologize to you if you were referring to a member other than Drew with: "an esteemed member of this forum continues to start threads that push his particular take on religion . . ." Drew's the only esteemed member I can think of who quotes from religious and other sources on how others think we should live. Which isn't pushing or a bad thing. Who were you referring to?

Misfires is a forum where anything goes. On the evidence, a mention of Bush, Obama, Reagan, Pelosi, PETA, Palin, Democrats, GOP, NRA, EPA or most anything else often sets off an incandescent display of incivility and foul language. Attempts at discussion always deteriorate to bloody nonsense. Even imagining an improvement with religious discussions is a fool's game.

Only a heretic would relate Martin Luther with a discussion on Misfires. Luther worked indefatigably with supportable evidence to reform Christianity. An honest and substantive discussion here of religious doctrine involving our long-abiding mysteries, our faith and struggles toward it, is not possible. I've been here long enough to know the will, tolerance and generosity is missing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Attempts at discussion always deteriorate to bloody nonsense. Even imagining an improvement with religious discussions is a fool's game....

....I've been here long enough to know the will, tolerance and generosity is missing.

This seems to be a consistent thought. I'd tend to imagine that it takes at least two to discuss. Could it be that there is some confusion between 'on the evidence' and 'on emotion'. It seems the fools game starts when evidence is presented and ignored. How could civil discussion be possible when the honest message is, 'I don't care what the facts are, this is what I feel, and I'm right'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I imagine the "facts" in regards to religion are few and far between as ideology gets in the way on all sides.I think humans trying to second guess a "God" are in way over there head.We have all the faiths that are certain that theirs is the one true way to God and none listen to anything that gets in the way of their chosen path to enlightenment.I think the answer is somewhere between evolution and creationism and that neither side has a lock on how and why we are here.Impossible to prove either way to those of us who lack blind faith and embrace other possibilities.Thinking about it gives me a headache.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Misfires is a forum where anything goes. On the evidence, a mention of Bush, Obama, Reagan, Pelosi, PETA, Palin, Democrats, GOP, NRA, EPA or most anything else often sets off an incandescent display of incivility and foul language. Attempts at discussion always deteriorate to bloody nonsense. Even imagining an improvement with religious discussions is a fool's game.

I've been here long enough to know the will, tolerance and generosity is missing.

Gee King, does this mean that you're leaving us heathens and savages?

Or does it mean you're finally going to do what you said on 3/7/13?...

I'm going to give this a rest for a while, grateful for the patience and generosity extended to me, and see what April brings. I only joined Misfires to see board reaction to Sandy Hook.

And what you said again on 4/23/13???...

Time away from Misfires has been good for me---and surely good for many members when I said six weeks or so ago I was giving gun control a rest. While it seemed everyone was squealing like piglets about to be neutered, who wanted to hear from me that little would come of it? Nothing can change the US gun culture; it is what it is. The antis are farther from our barricades now than before Sandy Hook. The die was cast before the vote.

I've discovered in Misfires a wonderfully entertaining new All In The Family show of our strengths and frailties. But more fun for me as an observer. Paraphrasing our fair-minded host Dave, I'll be giving the forum a wide berth from now on so knock yourselves out. It's better than any comedy on television. If only it was satire.

Wow King, for someone who so despises this venue and finds it so intolerable, you sure spend a lot of time here. Surprising after you have told us that you intend to mostly observe all of us racists, mysoginists, posturing bigots, birthers, fossils, Archie Bunkers, etc., and give us "a wide berth". (Some might consider those derogatory descriptions uncivilized, but not a hypocrite... like you)

Well, maybe it's not so surprising since you tend to, ahem, stretch the truth. A lot!

Matter of fact, since you told us you would sit on the sidelines and watch us knock ourselves out, you have posted in Misfires 173 times and in other forums only 16 times.

That's One hundred seventy three posts (173)in Misfires and only sixteen (16)in other forums King.

No wonder your credibility sucks!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

and then there is this:

"there is only one god. one true god. and it is money!"

- Gordon Gekko

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig and RHD45: I've never seen a civil discussion on Misfires. Nor should it be expected under its "rules." It's a representation of common frailties that usually don't burden discussions in the other forums. It's an entertaining and instructive glimpse into character, of what people say and what they do: civil and generous in one forum, filthy-mouthed, bigoted and insulting in Misfires.

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.