Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I've never seen a civil discussion on Misfires. Nor should it be expected under its "rules." It's a representation of common frailties that usually don't burden discussions in the other forums. It's an entertaining and instructive glimpse into character, of what people say and what they do: civil and generous in one forum, filthy-mouthed, bigoted and insulting in Misfires.

Do you consider yourself a foul mouthed bigot, or an instigator who can reveal instructive glimses. You have been party to the incivility on occasion, haven't you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig and RHD45: I've never seen a civil discussion on Misfires. Nor should it be expected under its "rules." It's a representation of common frailties that usually don't burden discussions in the other forums. It's an entertaining and instructive glimpse into character, of what people say and what they do: civil and generous in one forum, filthy-mouthed, bigoted and insulting in Misfires.

And there's King's Misfires post number 174 since he told us he'd be an observer and infrequent commentator. He's like a moth drawn into a flame.

Who are you calling filthy mouthed, bigoted, and insulting Burger King? Oh, I get it... name calling is not uncivilized if it's not ad hominum... right? You think you're very clever, but you reveal your hypocrisy on a regular basis. And your dishonesty.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I leave it to others to make that judgement, craig. I've been called lots of things in 80-plus years but never a foul-mouthed bigot. I have been called a black-lover here, though. As for being uncivil, if I was it was not intended. Every newsman knows incivility gets a person nowhere---that's why it always makes the news columns---and a rule of interviewing is to give persons enough rope to hang themselves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I leave it to others to make that judgement, craig. I've been called lots of things in 80-plus years but never a foul-mouthed bigot. I have been called a black-lover here, though. As for being uncivil, if I was it was not intended. Every newsman knows incivility gets a person nowhere---that's why it always makes the news columns---and a rule of interviewing is to give persons enough rope to hang themselves.

And there's Misfires post Number 175 for King since 3/7/13. This is like giving up drinking by drowning one's-self in alcohol. Is this some form of Aversion Therapy?

King, It seems to me that you were the one who referred to someone who shall go nameless as "filthy mouthed, bigoted, and insulting" to boot. No one referred to you as a foul mouthed bigot. Are you having reading comprehension difficulties again King?

Here's a little reminder... in your own words:

Craig and RHD45: I've never seen a civil discussion on Misfires. Nor should it be expected under its "rules." It's an entertaining and instructive glimpse into character, of what people say and what they do: civil and generous in one forum, filthy-mouthed, bigoted and insulting in Misfires.

Is that a hangin' rope you're choking on King, or just your own words?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well,I try real hard never to be bigoted and insulting unless it is in person so feel safe to respond to anything I may say in whatever manner you want.I am not close minded as I have lived long enough to know that there are few things that are black and white..at least to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're right on few things being black and white. Needless silly confrontations begin with those who think differently, as they usually do in Misfires. True believers---not of faith but other circumstances--- are interesting subjects to me. Faithful I understand.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ok guys, I will try once again:

anybody ever read the writings of Thomas Aquinas?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

an speakin of black and white reminds me of this quote by Ignatius Loyola:

That we may be altogether of the same mind and in conformity with the Church herself, if she shall have defined anything to be black which appears to our eyes to be white, we ought in like manner to pronounce it to be black. For we must undoubtingly believe, that the Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of the Orthodox Church His Spouse, by which Spirit we are governed and directed to Salvation, is the same; ...

do any of you buy this? I have a hard time with it.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I find it revealing that all the great revelations,writings and discoveries in religion were all made when the average man was a completely ignorant clod.They happened when superstition ruled the day and magic and the supernatural were the explanations for the everyday happenings we take for granted.Ok, I guess "scientology" gets a nod as having been "discovered" in the 20th century.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
I find it revealing that all the great revelations,writings and discoveries in religion were all made when the average man was a completely ignorant clod....

Water was probably discovered back when the first pot of primordial soup was simmering, yet it's still around and probably still important. Maybe religion is special because if it's measured in earthly ways, it has certainly been shown to stand the test of time. There's tons of discussion up north of here on the general forum about nice guns hanging around and still being appreciated gun nuts who might be considered clods by their spouses.

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.