March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dale May, NZHunter, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

The one I remember is the California agricultural field worker buying a $700,000 house. Why did it take a collapse to broadcast the stupidity? Why did the public put up with it? Regulations wouldn't permit it in Canada.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, here's my point. The de-regulation that occurred, instigated by the left leaning Democrats, as a method of harnessing what they saw as market forces, to advance a social agenda, blew up in everyone's face. But those same liberal Democrats consistently blame "greed" and "capitalism" for the problem while glossing over their rather significant role and objectives. It is intellectually dishonest. I think when you gloss over it, you are smart enough to know you are either being dishonest or disingenuous.

As far as outcry from the hoi polloi on the Keynesian spending of the last few years, I'll say I heard a lot and suggest we have a difference of opinion on that subject.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/17/13 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I must extend my heartfelt congratulations to everyone in this thread.

They have managed to take a stupid concept, change it at least three times, and end up with only one resolve:

It's all pointless. And 17 pages worth if it at that!

(and yes, I chipped in)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keynes is dinner table around here when friends get together, too. We have different opinions but few complaints. I didn't hear anyone anywhere say we should shut-down Windsor and Oakville. Did you?

On your point, Greenspan said before collapse that safeguards were in place to prevent serious recession and in post mortems he didn't see it coming.

I don't know why the chattering classes, including liberal and conservative commentators, even refer to capitalism because we live in a mixed economy with the public as significant shareholders.

On corporate greed, I agree entirely. I don't think Lehman and others can be sanitized as anything other than greedy and perhaps criminal in their repackaging of spurious wares.

Some are glossing; I'm not. I didn't name Republicans or Democrats as culpable in the debacle. Saying "unregulated anything goes" isn't intellectually dishonest. It's a mystery to me Americans let their administration get away with it.

Remember the Canadian uproar when the Conservatives changed their mind on trust funds? My investor friends were outraged. My religious sister, bless her, said "I deserved it. I believed the government and gambled and I lost."

Last edited by King Brown; 08/17/13 09:27 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We're all guilty, Bob. (I get dinged for not answering every post!) Redistribution of money is a hot topic. It touches a Christian ethic. We did well under those circumstances.

Last edited by King Brown; 08/17/13 09:44 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Redistribution of money is a hot topic. It touches a Christian ethic....

It may be a hot topic, but here's a reason to B Bob that the reams of pages are not pointless. Unrelated convolutions should be pointed out to let the ideologue that his concept of 'dinner table' discussion is not the new inevitable normal.

I like your anecdote about the ca farm worker. Would you have a thought on what could possible be wrong with not being able to afford something if we could somehow touch on fairness.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"There is no sense or advantage to making a false statement. Financial blow-outs usually have more than one cause."

Yep: Same old tied Libtard argument. "Everybody is doing it so you can't just single out the instigator".

The onset on the housing market meltdown was the Community Re-investment Act of 1977 and the "loosening"; elimination is a more accurate term, of lending requirements under the Clinton Administration.
If neither of those had occurred the housing meltdown in all probability would never have happened.
You can still go down to gang ridden drug infested Maricopa and buy a 5 year old 2300 square ft. home for under $100,000. Replacement cost would be over $200,000. Guess who is picking up the tab for the difference.
Hint: It's NOT the leeches that support Obama!!

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I didn't hear anyone anywhere say we should shut-down Windsor and Oakville. Did you?

King, we didn't need to shut down Oakville. That's Ford and they didn't come begging. They actually spent several years getting prepared for the shitstorm.

As far as GM and Chrysler goes, I said we should have let them fail. And I heard many agree with me. Yes, there is pain and dislocation. But there is no subsidy and from the ashes rises something new.

The unions would have been toast, and in this day and age of government safety nets, unions have lost their raison d'etre. It's obscene that they are allowed to hold our public service hostage.

Since 1980 in real numbers, union membership in Canada has risen. Yet private sector union membership has fallen from over 30% of the work force to less than 15%. The implications are obscene. And the far left has their dirty hands and grubby fingers all over this. Pigs at the trough! Incredible they can complain about Senate expenses. Hypocrites all!

It would have also been much harder to extend the next round of corporate welfare to anyone.

What most forget in these discussions is that when you let a giant (e.g GM) fail, many other companies and employees are hugely benefited. Ford, for example, could have soaked up 100s of thousands of new vehicle sales without having to compete with the government. The people who were going to buy a new car, would still buy a new car. They would just make a different choice as to brand.

Just read some hack PR VP from Bombardier try to explain how his company hasn't been on the dole since they began making more than snowmobiles. I wanted to retch.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Holy crap! What a bowl of ignorant blather we have dripping from the mouth of Burger King Brown now. The Community Reinvestment Act reforms which were signed by Bill Clinton in 1993 were the extreme exact opposite of "unregulated, anything goes". Here we had the government telling lenders that the standards they placed upon borrowers, to insure eventual repayment of loans, were racist, discriminatory, and now even illegal. We had regulation. The problem was that the regulations were the cause of the eventual meltdown. And in typical Leftist lying Liberal fashion, once the house of cards collapsed, those Democrats responsible did all they could to deflect blame in every other direction... mostly to George Bush.

In my opinion, this is what King does, and this is why he is here. craigd, Dave K, Jim, Canvasback can ask all they want for answers from King about his mis-statements, or glossing over, or disingenuousness. You guys will never get a clear and direct and honest answer from King. But I do hope you'll all keep asking, because it illuminates just what King does and what he is. I'll call it just what I think it is. Bullshit, and disgusting lies piled upon disgusting lies... personal attacks and slander concealed under a thin veneer of fake civility. Just what you'd expect from a lifelong liar and fraud.

James, et al, you are damn right Burger King knows better. But he doesn't care about the truth, and he intentionally refuses to answer directly to charges about his previous lies. Burger King says he gets dinged for not answering every post. Fact is, he answers virtually nothing or no one directly. He drops his load of crap and dances away from the smell. Any reply from him will never contain a direct answer to a direct question, but simply more bullshit. Facts and figures will be totally ignored by the Burger King. He is still trying to tell us that the masses (hoi polloi)had no complaints about reckless Washington spending. This comes from the guy who is now saying "there is no sense or advantage to making a false statement". Has he perchance ever heard of the Tea Party? Of course he has, but a true pathological liar can only answer a lie with another lie.

And do pay attention to how the Democrat Party and the Liberal Left Media are trying to recast the Tea Party. There has lately been a constant drumbeat that the Tea Party is racist, bigoted, mysoginist, and potentially violent haters. All of the bad attributes of the Occupy Wall Street movement are being heaped upon the Tea Party by filthy lying libtards.

King answered craigd's comment about being called selfish by simply ignoring the statement. Let anyone else engage in name calling, and we hear the somber lecture about the low brow incivility in Misfires that is not found in any other forum anywhere.

My opinion about him remains the same: He is a liar and a total fraud. I still wonder how the Great King Brown could be left off of this list of past and present CBC television and radio personalities. Maybe it's a case of "The older I get, the better I used to be".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_Broadcasting_Corporation_personalities

He can pretend to be civil, but it's apparent to me that he is beneath any low class trailer park trash.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

hey guys, one of you please start a new thread...this is getting so redundant...

I would do it, but then whiny little joe would get a knot in his shorts again and go tattling to dave about me dominating him and this forum...again.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.