March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 829 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
2 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

How about if I get back on the topic of Religious Doctrine and ask the Muse of Nova Scotia, once again, how his father converted to Catholicism as an adult without believing in the ressurection of Jesus? See King's post #330954 from 7/16/13 in the "A Puritan Metaphor" thread.

How did he answer the question about belief in the Ressurection during his baptism? That is one of the questions that adult converts are asked. It is the most basic tenet of Catholicism and Christianity. It is one of the questions that Godparents answer for an infant. And then the child is asked the same question, to answer for themselves, when they are old enough for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Is King telling us that his Dad lied in order to convert, or was that whole story a lie which was used to explain away a prior lie? Enquiring minds want to know.

I've asked King this question numerous times since he posted that B.S. Is it that he won't answer me directly, or that he can't answer without looking like an ass?

Does that untie the knot in your shorts ed?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bombardier is a bit much, and so is Harper with Verizon. Sticking to free and unfettered markets? Do you know of anything big in industrial development not needing a thumbs-up from the PMO?

You must have smiled about a list of personalities associated with CBC. Any Canadian would have noted it's "a" list of persons "associated" with our biggest broadcaster. Nowhere the pioneers and bedrock of Canadian TV journalism:

Morley Safer, Frank Willis, Keith Boag, Neil MacDonald, Romeo LeBlanc, Laurier Lapierre, Doug Leiterman, Tom Gould, Beryl Fox, James M. Minifie, Michael Maclear, Peter Stursberg and on and on.

TV started in Canada 1952; I joined next year from CP, left in '67.

Last edited by King Brown; 08/17/13 06:55 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Bombardier is a bit much, and so is Harper with Verizon. Sticking to free and unfettered markets? Do you know of anything big in industrial development not needing a thumbs-up from the PMO?

King, the Verizon thing is a bit much but it's a ham handed attempt to move away from the all too cozy relationships fostered by the CRTC. My old classmate David Asper's father, Izzy, is just one example of many who worked that system. He made it to over a billion dollars before his children pissed it away and lost the company.

Our governments should be involved in regulation, not management, of businesses and industries. They err greatest when they believe they are managers.

On a side note, I have looked at the list. Not hard to see that many are missing.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeez, I didn't know they pissed it away. What about the museum? Still funded?

Agree regs, not management.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You must have smiled about a list of personalities associated with CBC. Any Canadian would have noted it's "a" list of persons "associated" with our biggest broadcaster. Nowhere the pioneers and bedrock of Canadian TV journalism:

Morley Safer, Frank Willis, Keith Boag, Neil MacDonald, Romeo LeBlanc, Laurier Lapierre, Doug Leiterman, Tom Gould, Beryl Fox, James M. Minifie, Michael Maclear, Peter Stursberg and on and on.

TV started in Canada 1952; I joined next year from CP, left in '67.

Gee, when I Google "Morely Safer CBC", "Neil MacDonald CBC", "Frank Willis CBC", "James Minifie CBC", "Doug Leiterman CBC", etc., I get page upon page of results related to those personalities.

When I Google "King Brown CBC", or "Kingsley Brown CBC", I get next to nothing... for a brilliant 14 year career. I don't even find the pattern for the world famous Kingsley Brown fly. Same thing happens with another search engine, Bing. Oh, there is that 1965 documentary on Nova Scotia's racist past where you called Africville "an indictment of white society". Why am I not surprised that something like that would be one of your crowning achievements?

Did you really make such a documentary film? I couldn't find it... just your reference to it in your 2007 letter to the editor of the Halifax Chronicle Herald.

I did watch the old video of you interviewing the crackpot who was trying to fire a projectile into space from a large gun. Impressive! Chuckle! Who'd want to cover Yuri Gagarin or Alan Sheppard or John Glenn when you've got bigger fish to fry?

Oh, speaking of guns, and your famous efforts on reversing the Canadian Long Gun Registry... that must all be highly classified information. I looked for that way back when you were doing your lulling of U.S. gun owners after Newtown. Zip. Nada. Nothing!

Of course, I've known all of this, and more, for many months now. Believe it or not, I've exercised great restraint. I still am. I liked what you said about giving a man enough rope... I've been dropping hints and hoping you'd cut the crap you dump on us here. No such luck.

You must have been quite the luminary. Bet they were sorry to see you go.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey King, you forgot to tell us how your Dad successfully converted to Catholicism without believing in the Ressurection of Jesus.

We don't want to get ed upset with us again!

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I mean... like who cares?

keith: the way you go on and on...its almost as if you and mikee went to the same bull dog charm school!

give it a rest already!

to paraphrase henny youngman:

take my thread...please...

dave are you listening? shut it down!

Last edited by ed good; 08/17/13 09:00 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't start whining now crazy

You started the stew'pid thread as a personal attack on a member of the board.

Maybe Dave should dig into that and ban yer sorry arse ?

Oh Dave.
cool

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good

dave are you listening? shut it down!

I sent Dave a PM...."Dave you need to ban this trouble making gun butcher...."

Sidelock
Sidelock

NOT BY THE ASPERS!
By getting everybody else - Yes even the Governments - to fund that "Memorial to Izzy".
The Aspers need aspirins these days.

Jeez, I didn't know they pissed it away. What about the museum? Still funded?

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.