March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Licensed to kill, Little Creek, FallCreekFan, Karl Graebner, KDGJ, Argo44), 803 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,023
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not quite right, I bought a MEC 600 in 12 ga and obtained all the parts to convert it 28 ga. I can also buy the kit to convert it to 16 ga.

dogon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All great stuff here guy's.

I guess I should have included a little more information about myself & where I'm at on reloading.

I've been reloading since the mid 1960's. I started loading paper cases on a MEC 200 "if I remeber the model correctly". I still have that press buried somewhere in the basement. I've owned several other MEC presses since 600, 650jr, grabber, & I presently load 28ga on a 9000. All of them have been good presses & I can't or wont say a bad word about MEC products.

I'm presently loading 20ga on a Hornady APEX with the auto index feature. It's been a good press which throws out great looking loads. The one feature I really like about it is the no-case under the powder or shot station there is no droppping the component. This feature really saves a lot of clean up when there is a fowl-up & I know all loaders have fowl-ups at times. The only reason I'm looking to upgrade is this press is getting old, it's discontinued & parts are going to be a problem in the future. Beside that I just want to get a new progressive press.

I'm a mechanic/machinist by trade so machinery doesn't scare me. I'm a gear head through & through and I really like what I see in the P/W, the grand & the spolar. Since I first posted this thread I've pretty much have eliminated the RCBS Grand for a couple of reasons. 1. Searching the net, I can't find one availble for sale. All of the on-line dealers are out of stock on them. "I'm starting to wonder if RCBS still makes them" 2.After doing more on-line research I've found more negative things said about them than positive.

So it looks like my choices are down to the P/W 800, the spolar, or the MEC 9000. At this point I'm probably leaning toward the P/W at this point. I may make some phone calls next week & I'll let you know what I find out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you can shake the coins loose you should buy the Spolar. Do the web search and look at their videos and machines. Hands down it is the best machine I have loaded on. Not everyone can afford and are willing to spend that much money for one. If you want real people endorsement go to Trapshooter.com and ask them for their feedback. When one pops up for sale on there it goes in no time and those with them endorse it whole heartedly.

The PW hyd. is a knock of of the Spolar from my viewpoint. The Spolar ga. changes are a snap. The machine is clean and easy to use. If I was going to be shooting for another 30 years or another few hundreds rounds before I quit I would invest in another one if I did not have one. The only reason I have not sold the MECs and converted to all the ga.s is that my shooting is in rapid decline and my sons are just about grown. Demand is down as they say.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.