March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 298 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

franc otte: wana know what the problem is? look in the mirror...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, the power of anonymity. I suspect the "colorful" folks on this site wouldn't speak to folk face-to-face like they do on the site. Suggest that we consider posting in a "face to face" manner

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs
Ah, the power of anonymity. I suspect the "colorful" folks on this site wouldn't speak to folk face-to-face like they do on the site. Suggest that we consider posting in a "face to face" manner

A woman lawyer I know with the FCC had to litigate against a ham radio operator in his license revocation proceedings. He was recorded using the vilest, crudest, misogynistic language on air and had received dozens of complaints. His internet rants were legendary. According to her, in person, he was meek and shy to to point of being more than a little odd. He was totally disarmed in the presence of the female lawyer with whom he had made the worst allegations against on the internet and beyond.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: tudurgs

A woman lawyer I know with the FCC had to litigate against a ham radio operator in his license revocation proceedings. He was recorded using the vilest, crudest, misogynistic language on air and had received dozens of complaints. His internet rants were legendary. According to her, in person, he was meek and shy to to point of being more than a little odd. He was totally disarmed in the presence of the female lawyer with whom he had made the worst allegations against on the internet and beyond.

I agree that some use the cover of the internet to say things they would not say in person. I further believe that some also read far more into what is typed versus what was really meant because it was written poorly or read poorly. I am guilty of both.

I have on more than one or two occasions typed something that hit a nerve with another on this forum through a failure to think before I type or emotion when I did type. Sometimes I am simply a poor author. I am almost always a poor typist.

I continue to counsel all what our mothers likely taught all of us, be polite, be positive.

I frequently read things typed on this forum that get under my skin, to include at one time remarks made reference a gun I listed directed at me personally. I answered politely and let it go. If what has been said truly irritates me I deliberately hold back a reply in order not to add further emotion. I am imprefect and have on a couple of occasions PM'd an apology for a misworded or misunderstood statement. If I am wrong I am wrong and admit it and move on. If I am misunderstood I correct that by saying it better and understanding that the error on my part in not writing it better in the first part is my error.

If all of us act as most of us act this will continue to be a great place to trade thoughts, if some act outside that I will go on as I have and not let it get me down. I just smile, shake my head in private, and move forward.

What really matters to me here is the guns. I love doubleguns and playing with them. Lately the board has helped me in expanding that love in a small way into Double Rifles. I am grateful to the members of this board and will continue to positively promote the conversation here.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Troy, good luck for your daughter. I have to say I enjoy Joe´s posts as he says what he thinks (apart from the personal stuff) about guns. Always remember as well what Voltaire said "Sir, I disagree with every word you have said but will defend with my life your right to say it". We are all here voluntarily so I hope you will reconsider. As others have said, when it comes to the internet a lot of people write stuff that they wouldn´t dream of saying to someone over a beer. I know I have unfortunately, best, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

After the bald faced lies he told about me in his original post I don't see him showing his face around here again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
After the bald faced lies he told about me in his original post I don't see him showing his face around here again.

Originally Posted By: Rookhawk
Dear Friends and Fellow Shooters,
..... this note is a letter that is regrettably "goodbye for now" because I cannot participate on this forum any longer......
Regards,

Troy (aka Rookhawk)

The man said he was done.
It would seem you are now free to let the gloating begin.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

i would never let a gas bag like joe run me off!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, if the qualities you display in your posts, albeit questionable ones, were given academic status, you would be a Phd. summa cum laude.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OMG!

Homey jOe, Phd. !!

Hey... I heard Rookhawk came out of the closet... then Wonko showed up on the other forum and called him a naughty name... then JRB got all cheesed off and almost let the thread drop... then the Southern happened and jOe got caught with a corn dog in a compromising position... then...

Wow... Let's go for 20 pages guys!!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.