April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (fab500, SKB, Jem Finch, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 442 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,153
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 37 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 36 37

I really like the ring of "H.E. LeFever"(note the correct French Huguenot spelling). Best, BILL

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hate Legacy. Sounds like some Yaley with a Porsche and a Skull&Bones key. How bout "New Lefever" since everyone wants a "new" Lefever. I'd settle for "The Steven Earle Gun" for that matter. Ruger didn't call the No. 1 "Tribute to Farhquarson". Somehow I know I'm going to tire of this and go with Teague liners in an old one with reasonable drop on the comb. Say, I just happen to have one like that! Only kidding; I don't have that 1900 either.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
See, I told u guys....we buy the name!

Sir Glenthorne:

Of course we do. Not exclusively, but it certainly is a major player. How many fine doubles do you suppose you could sell under the name "Fuzzy Pink Bunny Arms Co."?

Jack:

"New LeFever" is good.

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

After my excursion into Shakespeare I talked to Ken and told him frankly that I think adding his and Mr. Earle's name in some manner to the new shotgun name would be entirely appropriate and convey some additional meaning and content to the name.

Personally, I like H.E. Lefever myself.

The rose would smell so sweet no matter...but the dang thing still needs to be called something.

Stephen

Last edited by Baron23; 03/29/07 08:43 PM.

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

QUESTION ----- In making this new LeFever, there will be a need for names identifing grades. There will be the plain offering action and for those wanting a completed piece, similar grades to the gold inlayed $1000. and Optimus grades. The names for these latter two would be engraved on the bbl. I would appreciate hearing your opinions as to if the old names were kept or if we should explore creating new names for the same grades --------- Lets hear your thoughts. Thanks, Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288

What does someone named Hambridge know about Huguenot names? With kindest regards Dr. d'Ozier sends with tongue firmly in cheek

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

How you gonna do that Mr. Ken if everyone is going to finish their gun themselves, meaning different engravers or stockers?

Did I miss something or are you going to be offering completed guns now?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Rob, there has been some thought given to offering the piece completed. This, I feel can still be accomplished by each man in this small guild of workers completing his given task. As each step is completed, the worker is paid his due and the piece shipped to the next individual until piece is completed in total.

The advantage being as we all will be working together, the piece can be finished much faster and as we are all members of this "New LeFever guild", only the highest attention to detail will be done. Being a small guild of workers, it is important to us to only turn out best quality work because our names are tied to it. I personally feel I am only as good as my last piece & know the other mambers feel the same.

Since posting the question, I have already been advised to only offer a $1000. grade gun and it would be the only one stocked & engraved. While I appreciate this point, there will be many clients who won't want gold inlays but would also want the pieced finished by us ASAP. Lots to think about and opinions to be heard.

I heard from the Italian embassey today re. independent bbl makers in Brescia Valley. Hopefully I'll be receiving info in the not to distant future regarding bbl's. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Ken,

You have a difficult task with regard to naming conventions. I for one do not really care much for gold inlays. I much prefer bulino over gold.

In this instance I would rather take the money that would be spend on the inlay and put it toward a second or third set of barrels. I am sure that I am in the minority regarding this.

By the way. The English walnut blank arrived today from Cecil Fredi.

Pete

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Mr. Pete, How about posting pictures of the blank. I eceived pictures of a best grade Eng. blank today from Baron for his SuperX 000 Fabulous !!! Another piece of Cacil Fredi wood. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Page 27 of 37 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.