March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, damascus, Roundsworth, 12boreman), 656 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why you think we went to war with Japan ?

Pearl Harbor was a staged event so we'd have an island to test the A bomb on....all the ships that were left at Pearl Harbor were out dated decoys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As an aside:
The inscription on the SS dagger is "Mein Ehre Heist Treue" which translated means "My Honor is my Loyalty" which was the SS motto. These daggers were privately purchased and not issued so every SS member didn't necessarily have one.
Another Point: Tattooing the blood type under each SS members arm became lax as the war wore on and was dispensed with completely in the last days. The SS guys who were turning themselves in knew his tattoo was a dead giveaway regarding their membership and often attempted to remove it with acid.
It didn't take the Allies long to catch onto to this stunt.
Many SS did their best to turn themselves in to the Americans who did not routinely shoot them on sight.
The Waffen SS for those who are students of WW II were probably no better or worse that any other elite forces in their conduct. In the case of the Germans the true worst were the Einstatzgruppen(sp?) who were the special police units charged with "cleansing" the civilian population after the German troops had captured an area.
It should also be noted that oftentimes the non-Jewish populace in those area were ready accomplices in turning in Jews.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 11/11/13 07:40 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

Pearl Harbor was a staged event so we'd have an island to test the A bomb on....all the ships that were left at Pearl Harbor were out dated decoys.

The scariest part of all this is:

That many of the posts on Misfires come from people who advocate the responsible ownership of...

Firearms.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And what about the 2650 American lives lost in that monumental FUBAR- were they "decoys too" ??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
As an aside:
The inscription on the SS dagger is "Mein Ehre Heist Treue" which translated means "My Honor is my Loyalty" which was the SS motto. These daggers were privately purchased and not issued so every SS member didn't necessarily have one.
Another Point: Tattooing the blood type under each SS members arm became lax as the war wore on and was dispensed with completely in the last days. The SS guys who were turning themselves in knew his tattoo was a dead giveaway regarding their membership and often attempted to remove it with acid.
It didn't take the Allies long to catch onto to this stunt.
Many SS did their best to turn themselves in to the Americans who did not routinely shoot them on sight.
The Waffen SS for those who are students of WW II were probably no better or worse that any other elite forces in their conduct. In the case of the Germans the true worst were the Einstatzgruppen(sp?) who were the special police units charged with "cleansing" the civilian population after the German troops had captured an area.
It should also be noted that oftentimes the non-Jewish populace in those area were ready accomplices in turning in Jews.
Jim
That is also true Jim- but I have seen three Waffen SS daggers at gun shows and all of them were inscribed as I wrote- could be each of the different SS (protective echelon or guards- literally translated) had their variant of the Blood and Honor code- Waffen (assigned mainly to Wehrmacht and Panzer Gruppen- Leibstandarten Adolph Hitler-Hitler's personal bodyguard unit of the SS- and the SS units most closely associated with the termination of the Jews and others Hitler despised- the TotenKopf- or Death's Head with the skull and crossbones emblem--

The unit my late father-in-law served in after Bastogne were well-warned of the various tricks the highly motivated to survive SS troops had- so they took no chances- anyway, even if they had taken the SS troops alive, they would have been hung for war crimes eventually- "Shoot 'em and loot 'em" as the sidearms, daggers and insignia were war booty prizes then- and just look at the RIA and other auction catalogues and see what WW11 German weapons, medals, flags, banners, pins, Eisen (Iron) und Ritter (Knight) Kruzen (Crosses) bring today- and the War in Europe ended in May 1945--

Oh, and one final thought- the 2009 spoof movie of the OSS in Europe in 1944- "Inglorious Basterds" Damn Quentin Tarantino- it's Bastards- but I digress- near the end, just before the give-way scenario in the La Lousiana Tavern in middle France (Drei Glazer)-- when the British Leftenant who studied German films asks the German turncoat Hugo Stiglitz if he can be calm, Hugo is sharpening his dagger and on the blade is clearly inscribed the words "Meine Blt und meine Ehre" No kidding- Hollywood? Go figure!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/11/13 08:24 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe,

I like your humor, usually, but this post makes me really wonder about your seriousness. It is idiocy to think we would have sacrificed as many men as were lost there to "decoys".

And, if this was an attempt at backhanded sarcasm, it is in very poor taste.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF:
"Blut und Ehre" "Blood and Honor" is the motto found on Hitler Youth daggers. These are very similar to the Boy Scout daggers many of us had when we were in that organization as youngsters.
The Hitler Youth were somewhat similar to our own Boy Scout organization although the training they received was really along the lines of Nazi indoctrination.
The ONLY motto ever found on legitimate SS daggers is "Mein Here Heist True" as I indicated above. You can further research if you want to.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
RWTF:
"Blut und Ehre" "Blood and Honor" is the motto found on Hitler Youth daggers. These are very similar to the Boy Scout daggers many of us had when we were in that organization as youngsters.
The Hitler Youth were somewhat similar to our own Boy Scout organization although the training they received was really along the lines of Nazi indoctrination.
The ONLY motto ever found on legitimate SS daggers is "Mein Here Heist True" as I indicated above. You can further research if you want to.
Jim

If you watch movie 'Stalingrad' it's mentioned that there is something along 'God is with us' on their belt buckles. Not sure if true or not as I have never looked at WWII vintage wehrmacht buckle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SS belt buckle has the same SS motto on it "Mein Ehre Heist Treue". Again this was the official SS Motto and used in many instances.
I didn't intend to get into SS Militaria 101 here since this is a double gun forum. However I collect WW II pistols in addition to shotguns so I am familiar with this area. Everything I've posted on this subject is easily verifiable on the Internet.
Below is a Browning Hi-Power SS rig I own. Since my interest is pistols not belt buckles this is the best picture I have of the buckle.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

jOe,

I like your humor, usually, but this post makes me really wonder about your seriousness. It is idiocy to think we would have sacrificed as many men as were lost there to "decoys".

And, if this was an attempt at backhanded sarcasm, it is in very poor taste.

SRH

This isn't something I just dreamed up.

Our President at the time couldn't get approval to wage war on Japan....in war sacrifices are made.

The Japanese were fooled into attacking Pearl Harbor thus giving war the go ahead from the American people.

Watch the Pearl Harbor documentaries....the government knew that attack was coming that's why our best ships weren't there.

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.