March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Dan R, Longknife, canvasback, j7l2, 2 invisible), 359 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 37 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

just a comment - preaching to the choir

many of us know that the so called SAFE act in NY is about disarming the citizen not about crime control

here is proof - a federal judge last week said the 7 round limit in a magazine is unconstitutional, The state says its still in effect because federal rulings do not apply to state law.

Ammunition sales, as of next Wednesday must be done in person with a registered vendor and recorded for the state police. So for public safety reasons- I can no directly longer order RSTs for my old doubles.

In the mean time- we had a robo 911 phone call at 0 dark thirty yesterday morning telling us to "stay in our house and away from the windows" because of a police action in our area. We live in a fairly rural area, turns out a person had left his home with a shotgun threatening violence. He was later found and arrested under the mental health laws - AGAIN - he was also arrested and hospitalized for a similar incident a month ago with a rifle.

Catch and release in spite of the law's requirements and common sense of securing firearms from a mental patient.

so - roaming mental patients---- armed
home owners in the area --- restricted on ammo and firearms

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun Registration. It can't happen here? Think again.
Jim

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/...-owners-chills/

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
#354435 01/23/14 10:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around...reloading. Now, Which 46 Senators Voted to Destroy Us? Well, let their names become known!! See below. If you vote in one of the states listed with these 46 “legistraitors”… vote against them (or better yet RECALL them). In a 53-46 vote, the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. The Statement of Purpose from the Bill reads: "To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty." The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry, now get this, on all private guns and ammo. Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power. Here are the 46 senators who voted to give your rights to the U.N.
Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennett (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN) XXXXX
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA) XXX Hirono (D-HI
Johnson (D-SD) XXXXX
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
Folks: This needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take OUR guns. They need to lose their next election. We have been betrayed. 46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of D's behind those names...who would of thunk it?

At least I can cast my vote against one of them this fall. Good ol Al Franken (yes, I am utterly embarrassed every time I have to say I live in a state that elected Al Franken).

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
Sidelock

is any name on that list a surprise?

most of them will win reelection due to large urban areas in their states

Sidelock
Sidelock

Regardless of the vote, the USA is effectively implementing the UN treaty, as those of us who live outside the US know from experience. Until recently we could buy non vital gun parts from the US, not anymore, because the State Department put in rules identical to the provisions of the Small Arms treaty. So, no more semi inletted stocks, sights, even grips. Some dealers even refuse to sell pieces of wood for stock making.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder who the half dozen or so "D"s were that stood with the "R"s?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Democratic Senators that voted against the small arms treaty.

Though Secretary of State John Kerry signed the UN Arms Trade Treaty in September, there are positive signs that the treaty will be dead on arrival in the Senate. Last week Sens. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., and Joe Manchin, D-W.V., released a bipartisan letter opposing the treaty, which was signed by 48 of their colleagues. And on Tuesday, four Democratic Senators sent a letter to President Obama, Kerry and the UN stating that the small arms treaty would not be ratified.

The letter, sent by Sens. Jon Tester, D-Mont., Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., Max Baucus, D-Mont., and Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., said that “because of unaddressed concerns that this Treaty’s obligations could undermine our nation’s sovereignty and the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans, we would oppose the Treaty if it were to come before the U.S. Senate.”

BTW: This information is already posted in the "Preserve the 2nd Amendment" that's pinned at the top.

Last edited by italiansxs; 01/23/14 12:47 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
FYI: Misfires is where the paranoia and fear mongering goes.

OWD

This anti-2nd Amendment vote was factual and verifiable OWD. There is no paranoia or fear mongering. I realize this makes your hero Obama and his anti-gun minions look bad, and you would like to hide that in Misfires. But this stuff potentially affects our rights to own any guns and ammunition... even doubles!

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to whine about a legitimate threat to gun rights appearing on the main page of a firearms forum. Makes you wonder what their motives are. Again... not paranoia... just fact.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is old news. The referenced vote was in March of last year. The list of names of the Senators that voted for the treaty (against the amendment) made the rounds several months ago including this BBS in the MisFires section (where this thread belongs):

Misfires thread on vote

It is not paranoid fear mongering to report facts which the original post of this thread does.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/23/14 02:06 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Page 25 of 37 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.