Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If you've got birds and I can stay in your house as far as I am concerned she can read "The Thoughts of Chairman Mao" at breakfast every morning and my room can be papered in pictures of Barack and Michelle.

When it comes to bird hunting I am an open minded kind of guy.

So, when does season open?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/12/14 04:31 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We do have plenty of grouse up here, hopefully plenty more if it is a warm and dry spring. But its much worse then you imagined. Maya Angelou is required reading at our household and its pictures of Michael Moore, Ralph Nader and Racheal Maddow all over the place, but if you can fall in line like any good liberal, come on up. October 1st is only 7 months and 14 days away!

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Another good use for a .410.

I'd recommend you and Joe take up shooting .410s with full chokes. If you need some shooting instruction for the .410 , I'm available for a phenomenal fee.

I've seen you shoot. If I paid you $1, including your expenses, you would be phenomenally overpaid.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I understand your problem. You might have only a problem with word meaning. Your term, "rise" , actually means birds flying before you shoot. I think you might be thinking the term is "after you shoot". Lots of gravel can be kicked up with shots on the ground , giving a pretty good chance of hitting extra birds with shrapnel. I know your dogs are super and hold birds still for the hunter, but just wait a bit until the birds flush, and you will never have a multiple bird drop problem

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
We do have plenty of grouse up here, hopefully plenty more if it is a warm and dry spring. But its much worse then you imagined. Maya Angelou is required reading at our household and its pictures of Michael Moore, Ralph Nader and Racheal Maddow all over the place, but if you can fall in line like any good liberal, come on up. October 1st is only 7 months and 14 days away!

OK, and I kind of dig Rachel anyway- she is a babe. I bet I could convert her.

Tell your sweety my favorite is bacon, biscuits and gravy, with three eggs over easy and that if she accidentally breaks a yoke not to worry as that is my second favorite way.

Also might want to get any heirlooms out of our bedroom. The puppy is still in that chewing stage.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/12/14 04:49 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Time to move on Mike and Joe, the party, as the song goes, is over!!!! Its time to trade in those high grade doubles and get yourself some proper waterfowling guns.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Daryl I would never shoot a bird on the ground. Now Joe Wood, that is another story. Until he started hunting with me he didn't even know a bird could be shot in the air. His eyes got as big around as saucers and he said "How'd you do that!"

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/12/14 04:49 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike? Are you off your meds AGAIN??

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Will do Mike. I think Rachel is kinda cute too in a dorky hot chick kinda way. In addition to the Bourbon, bring up a recipe for biscuits and gravy as well. We don't have to many southern recipes here. I'm sure your 5 Brittanies will get along just fine with my dog. He's a big friendly fellow, and loves to flush birds.

BTW, for your own good keep this trip on down low, you might loose some stars if you let it be known we hung out and shot some grouse together.

Last edited by nca225; 02/12/14 04:53 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Treb the trouble with waterfowling is that it is cold, wet, cold, wet, and cold and wet and when you get done your have one of those waterfowls you have to clean and eat.

Mike/Skeet I am more stable off my meds than you are on yours.

NCA what are a few stars compared to several weeks of free ruffed grouse hunting, free shotgun shells, free room and board and free in-house kenneling?

Now I've helped y'all I can today. I am taking Miz Ruth Anne bird hunting tomorrow and have to get busy getting everything ready.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.