Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's just one small problem with your suggestion, Rich. The Southern SxS is at Deep River, not Drake Landing. Wtf?

Now that is good

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drakes is just an alternative place to shoot. DR is the same old targets they have had for years, limited stations, long lines and expensive. I enjoy the vendors and the Pasrker VS Smith challenge but will not shoot a target at DR. After several years of shooting at Drakes and enjoying their hospitality I would rather shoot there. I go to these events to have fun, burn powder ,look at nice guns (buy one or two) and see friends. I'm not out to try to win the Southern shoot just to have fun.
Drakes IS NOT a bargin basement place to shoot, it's one of the nicest sporting clays courses around. I must assume by your comment pod that you have never shot there. I drive from Mich for the Southern but just to look at guns and meet friends my shooting will be at Drakes

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rich A
Drakes is just an alternative place to shoot. DR is the same old targets they have had for years, limited stations, long lines and expensive. I enjoy the vendors and the Pasrker VS Smith challenge but will not shoot a target at DR. After several years of shooting at Drakes and enjoying their hospitality I would rather shoot there. I go to these events to have fun, burn powder ,look at nice guns (buy one or two) and see friends. I'm not out to try to win the Southern shoot just to have fun.
Drakes IS NOT a bargin basement place to shoot, it's one of the nicest sporting clays courses around. I must assume by your comment pod that you have never shot there. I drive from Mich for the Southern but just to look at guns and meet friends my shooting will be at Drakes

Have fun running the road all weekend.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep Drake dudes have been whooping up on one of the collectopr web sites. I'm surprised the moderator thinks that's kosher cuz it's DR that sponsors the two collector groups Challenge. Drake dudes hang out at their DR collector tent and do the DR vendor row to buy and trade etc. and use the DR facilities but don't spend a penny on the DR courses. They shoot at Drake instead. Wtf indeed ! That's like guys that stay at ell cheap hotel and sashay in to get free guest breakfasts at the Hampton that's nearby. Then they write and brag about doing that on their collector web site.

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't plan on getting into this but in a lot of ways I agree with Rich, I've been going to DR for over nine years shoot there twice, six stations for sporting clays (CB that's a WtF ! ) waiting to shoot 15 to 25 minutes eight to ten shots per station, sorry not for me. Yes I go to see old friends and watch the Parker/LC challenge. Also if Bill didn't have the two "collector groups" how big would this shoot be? As Rich said I want to be able to shoot, Drakes Landing is a beautiful course, people are great and nice, so I go there and shoot a couple hundred rounds which I can't do at Deep River and then go back to DR to spend time with friends and spend money on food and drinks and spend money with the vendors that support DR. How is that wrong?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quail Hunter O1:
As is often the case, the conversation here got a bit sideways; but in an effort to answer your question, I know that LCSCA Director Bruce Bonney will be traveling to the Southern from St. Louis. This may or may not work for you; but I do know Bruce is a real hoot and would be a fun companion to travel with. See if you can touch base with Bruce via the LCSCA forum (lcsca.org); and if you can't reach him there, send me a PM and I'll forward his email addy. Tom

Sidelock
Sidelock

Southern SxS is a lot of fun. Due to a host of considerations I can't go this year but I wish I could.

Sidelock
Sidelock

John the money I save shooting at Drakes vs Deep River will more than pay for gas. We are all double gun enthusiasts that want to shoot so i thought i would extend a friendly invatation to join like mineded individuals to join in the fun. If you would rather try your shooting at Deep River more power to you.

IMHO the course at Deep River isn't worth my time or my money to shoot. I travel to shoot first and formost and have been going to DR ever since the first Parker/Smith challenge. Like Eric said I'll buy food and guns from the vendors but I won't shoot there period!

Last edited by Rich A; 03/04/14 07:09 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rich, what you fail to understand is this isn't about who has the best targets, it's about the event. Either you go to Deep River, rent a cart, pay the entry fees, compete in each chosen event to win it, enjoy the camaraderie, or you don't. Simple enough.

It's not about which range throws the best targets, it's about the overall experience, instead of the hassle and wasted time of frantically running up and down the road to make some kind of protest statement.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Boxlock
Boxlock

I too have been attending Deep River (aka The Southern) since it's inception. Their course sucks. Period. It's my money, my time, and I'll spend it as I see fit. I can't understand why Cherry Bomb has to cast dispersions on people for wanting to do a little side shooting. On that "collector" site he refers to, behavior like this is never seen, nor tolerated. I shoot the challenge event and the hammergun event as does Rich A. and Eis and a number of other shooters who will be at Drake. The Southern is all about the Parker/LC challenge. Without it Deep River would be just another sporting clays shoot. If Bill K. wants our business, then he needs to improve the course. For you naysayers, comraderie is not limited to events at Deep River. At Drake,we are overloaded with it. CB and John R, you are welcome to join us if you think you can handle the stigma of enjoying yourself somewhere other than Deep River. Noone is trying to make some kind of protest statement John, we just like to shoot more than you do.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.