May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jusanothajoe, bsteele, Mike Harrell), 426 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,348
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've read enough of this that I have to get a couple of things off my chest. First, all the media criticisms I've heard are directed toward the Police, the school (who is the school?), and guns. All three of these culprits are collective bodies. The way I understand the shooting is that at least one individual is responsible. Not once have I heard any blame placed on him. The police were more physically isolated from these shootings than a lot of individuals, yet those individuals who may have been able to stop the perpetrator made no apparent effort to do so. So, how are the police at fault? All the blame has been placed on collective villans and no individuals. That is what our country is slipping into. No individual responsibility - blame is always placed on a collective group so no one individual is responsible. That way no one is guilty and we can all feel good about ourselves. And in response to a comment made above regarding making wrong decisions in critical life or death situations, if you've never made a wrong decision in your life, you've never made a right one either. Life is what it is. When a decision is needed, honest and moral people make the best decisions they can under the circumstances. The results of avoiding a decision because it might be wrong can be a bigger disaster than a wrong decision. Now, I'm going to move on with my life with a good attitude and a smile on my face!

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: B Frech

The results of avoiding a decision because it might be wrong can be a bigger disaster than a wrong decision. Now, I'm going to move on with my life with a good attitude and a smile on my face!

Exactly. And, Thanks.
Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

The anti gunners come out every time somthing like this happens, I always wonder what would have happened if someone that legally carried a handgun was there to stop it before it got this bad.. I carry, I wonder how many on this board do as well..

Sidelock
Sidelock

The culprit is the easy availability of handguns and ammo for them. They don't exaclty check if certain dude missed his last shot of fluphenazine decanoate,..... I would support psychological screeing prior to handgun purchase.

Well jagermeister, I see on the Gun Control Vote thread you suggest we simply sell our guns to avoid future problems. Now, you're blaming easy access to guns and ammunition as the culprit instead of the shooter who was by the way recognized as "unbalanced" by his fellow students and teachers a year ago...but nothing was done to get him counseling. Finally, you propose that we give up our Civil Rights and submit to psycholological screening by the state to boot! Do you also think the 2nd Amendment should be overturned?

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, the evidence isn't circumstantial on mental health, the dismal record of these tragedies supports it. Your point isn't off-topic, either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

NOT ALL guns. I just sense that large inventory of CERTAIN GUNS might prove to be a bad investment in the future.

Jagermeister,
Everyone probably wishes it could be that easy, but it's not. In my police state they took away the right (years ago) to own a fully automatic weapon even with a Class III license. We have a Firearm Owner's Identification requirement to purchase, transport or possess a gun of any type. And the Brady Bunch with their waiting period is also in effect. Now our big city mayor has banned handguns, clips that hold more 10 rounds for pistols, and even shotguns that hold more than 5 rounds.
Better to support the NRA and take the stance that once one gun type is banned, the next step is to ban them all.
The Police can't help us. They only show up after the tragedy has already happened and you're dead. Far better to simply arm everyone so the next "whacko" can be stopped immediately with extreme prejudice.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did the police move in, or did they just mop-up?
Can't stop murder from behind the trees eh!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: chux
The anti gunners come out every time somthing like this happens, I always wonder what would have happened if someone that legally carried a handgun was there to stop it before it got this bad.. I carry, I wonder how many on this board do as well..

I carry as well. Either a Colt Govt. .380 or a Colt 1911, .45. Mostly the .380 as the 1911 is a bit hard to conceal. I was schooled, tested, certified, and licensed in FL which is state sanctioned, not by county as it is here in PA. I was told by the sherriff here that I should keep my FL CWP as long as they will renew it. Florida is recognised by almost every state. It is my understanding that VA has the most lax laws for purchase, and no waiting period. However until this nut walked on campus he had broken no laws and purchased his weapons legally. I heard that the serial numbers were obliterated though and I can't figure out why he would have done that. The guns would have had to have a serial number to be sold so he had to be the one who scratched them out.

On another tack, I was at a gun show last weekend and the "black guns" were flying out the door. I'm no prude, but I see no use for weapons like that in the public sector. People are scrambling to buy them so they get grandfathered in when they get banned again, this recent incident should ice that one.

Last edited by dubbletrubble; 04/17/07 07:44 PM.
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.