Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wasn't there a school shooting a few years ago in Germany or is my recollection bad? If that's true it should show the fallacy inherent in the idea that more control can prevent this kind of thing. Germany and most other European countries have the most restrictive gun regulations in the world.

Dubble be careful not to fall into the Zumbo trap with your "Black guns" arguments. There may be many legitamate sporting uses for those rifles and pistols.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Of the info I just read, it makes it clear this guy was a nut. His writing class described his writing as sick and gruesome. He also lit a dorm fire recently. If he had used fire and not guns- it could have been a whole lot worse.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Could you name a few for me? Not trying to be an a$$ but I realy would like to know.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dubbletrubble
Could you name a few for me? Not trying to be an a$$ but I realy would like to know.

Service rifle matches.

Prairie dog hunting.

Small game hunting.

With one in the appropriate caliber (.458 SOCOM), big game hunting. A friend of friend harvested a wild boar with one just a few weeks ago.

Target shooting.

Plinking.

Is that enough?

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dubbletrubble,
Are you yanking us or are you sincerely pulling a "Zumbo"? If you wanted a fight, you've certainly started one now.
There is a time and a place for the black guns.
Varmints
Targets
Service matches
Plinking
Small Game
Home defense
and so on.

As far as the anti's are concerned, the black rifles are just a first step. You're sidelocks are just a little further down their list. If we're not united, we're divided and all gun owners will suffer the consequences of that.

Last edited by mtwoodson; 04/17/07 08:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dubbletrubble

BTW - The Second Amendment to the Constitution is not about hunting or sporting purposes.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

33 people dead is the worst mass killing so far. But think about it. It could be a lot worse! Think about the people that have done these things and look at their firearms experience. This man purchased his 9mm about 5 weeks ago and I'll assume that that was his first gun purchase and experience in his life with firearms. If someone with no experience can do this think what someone with experience could do. How about a special forces guy or a navy seal flipping out. Someone who shoots handguns alot and is good. A man that is a decent shot and shoots competative high power or someone from THIS board who is good with his shotgun. The death toll could be MUCH higher under the correct circumstances. Thankfully most people and probablly more so with gun owners are level headed and responsable. Us that hunt have killed and have seen death up close. This probably gives that person a deeper respect for human life and prevents such mindless actions. The abillity is there,not the desire.
I can say this to the guys on this board. Those of you who think that the second amendment is negotiable and are willing to compromise their rights away must realize that the greatest mass murders in the history of the human race have come from the hands of governments. All of these mass murders are preceded by arms control measures. Cambodia and the pol pot government comes to mind with MILLIONS dead. The Nazi government with MILLIONS dead. Our government with the Branch Dividiens in Waco. Don't tell me it can't happen here,it already has. And there are many more as outlined in a book writen by Arron Zeldman from the Jews for Preservation of Firearm Ownership(JPFO). Our founding fathers wrote into the Bill of Rights the Second Amendment so that this could not happen here. There are always those that must have ALL the power. They reside in our own government today and they especially reside in the United Nations. They want ALL your guns and all the power. The Purdey and the AK47 will go into the melting pot together if they have their way. The Second Amendment probably protects assault type guns more so than our doubles because they are the arms of the Malitia. Is that why they are so hell bent on taking them? I think I would rather take my chances with the nuts, They don't scare me as much as the governments do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dubble,
It is a sore point with many to seperate guns by appearances. In the last 15 years I have seen some strange deer rifles in the field. The were similar to AK's and the Russian or Chinese military rifles. Some had been sporterized to a degree and the calibers were suitable for deer. I chatted with the hunters but never discussed there choice of rifles. I did catch their drift that they were securing provisions and weren't concerned with much else. I have my own preferences but that's for another time.
Best,
Ron

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok points made, and I am NOT trying to start a fight, but could you not do all those activities with another choice of gun? Am I really that old fashioned for a 56 year old?
Should I really be preparing for armageddon?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said, Tanky! Ask the guys from Duke University who they are afraid of. Look how long it took to work that out. Never got a call from the IRS, but the state of Insanity (oops, I mean NJ) has an auditor who got me for $800. He needed to look good for his promotion and my accountant said pay it because it is cheaper than fighting it. I ain't stupid (at least I hope I am not) and paid it.

Look at our governor in the hospital. He is so powerful that he had his trooper driver doing 91 MPH (that is what the little black box under the seat in just about all our new cars said) in a 65 MPH zone with lights flashing on the official government SUV and he was not wearing a seatbelt. If you did that, they would probably take you down to the station and keep you there for a while.

So many guns, so little time!
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.