May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (gil russell, earlyriser, NCTarheel, Guy Ave, 1 invisible), 613 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,491
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
I swear - you folks are some paranoid MFers. If I worried about all the crap you do I'd never sleep.

so have you written to your congress people to bring this to their attention or just whine about it like gun owners do everything??

have a day

Dr.WtS

There are also many paranoid musicians who take their ivory inlaid instruments in and out of the country and face loss due to confiscation.

There is a problem when you cannot take your own legally acquired shotgun or violin bow out of the country without having it taken from you. You will be guilty until you can prove that you are innocent, which may prove both costly and impossible. However, the current administration can facilitate the felonious export of illegal arms into Mexico, and ignore Congressional investigation. There is something much more effective than writing one's Congressman. Just stop electing anti-gunners.

Once again, Dr. Wonko is on the wrong side of an issue facing gun owners. I'm glad to see that one thing which causes him to lose sleep is criticism of the Obama administration. He must be sleeping like a baby... crying and shitting himself.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stop electing anti-gunners?? The sheeple in the big cities have us out numbered, and brainwashed by Bloomberg's lobbyists and adverising flunkies. Hell, the networks won't even run NRA's firearm safety messages. I'm almost glad I'm a geezer, so I won't have to watch the Second Amendment go down the drain much longer. At least the local paper publishes my letters to the editor.
Come to think, the right thing to do with Ivory would be to tax the hell out of it, and use the proceeds to improve the farming community of Africa. Crop raiding elephants would pay for new water wells, etc.

Last edited by xs hedspace; 04/17/14 04:43 PM.

hippie redneck geezer
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
In November, federal government officials crushed six tons of confiscated ivory in an event in Denver, Colorado designed to undermine the black market value of poached ivory.

Huh?

Last edited by Bushmaster; 04/17/14 09:14 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah,we're all paranoid.Tell that to Mr. X who had a eagle feather war bonnet and other regalia that had been in his family for over 100 years and then one day the feds show up and confiscate everything. He had proof of ownership going back over 3 generations,including photos, and they still took it. Never did get it all back after 3 years of legal wrangling in court.

keith #364449 04/17/14 09:39 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is something much more effective than writing one's Congressman. Just stop electing anti-gunners.

HAHAHA and I thot you were gonna suggest shooting them!

edit: Yeah - don't write. It's WAY more satisfying to do nothing expect rant about the oppressed minority to other members of the oppressed minority, innit???? Nobody gonna call you on it there, eh? And your "don't let them see you" and put you on "the list" of gun nuts paranoia is safe too.

You def need to come to terms with reality. Elected officials don't GAF about gun owners or guitar owners either for that matter. Couple hundred people nation wide? Screw them! All they care about is whether or not the majority of their voting base is not pissed off enough with their crap job performance to not re-elect them. Nobody caters to gun owners, and the few that don't actively seek to cut you off just mouth some platitudes and do nothing - well, blame the liberals so they look like they were getting the hatchet too.

have a day

Dr.WtS

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 04/17/14 09:45 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have to understand, this is Wonko's senate and Wonko's president on the job. He will happily join in the bitching about these bozos he helped to elect, and complain that elected officials don't GAF about the electorate.
Maybe his don't, but, it seems to me one need look only as far as the recently relaxed concealed carry laws that have swept across the US to realize somebody listened. Might not have been to him, but, they listened to the rest of us.
The recently recalled politicians in Colorado (his camp, again) must be a fluke, no? Listening might have been in their best interest, if not ours.
What I can't understand is this country has elected very liberal presidents on three occasions-FDR, Carter, and Obama. None of the others could really be considered very liberal, save LBJ, and he wasn't elected, and got out before he screwed everything up anyway. But the other three losers did the same exact thing to the country-destroyed the economy. All three times.
When do the Wonkos of the world learn? Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different outcome every time?
I question your sanity Dr. Sane.
Really.
Hope the inlays on the banjos you own are all Obama admin approved.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Significantly Restrict Domestic Resale of Elephant Ivory: We will finalize a proposed rule that will reaffirm and clarify that sales across state lines are prohibited, except for bona fide antiques, and will prohibit sales within a state unless the seller can demonstrate an item was lawfully imported prior to 1990 for African elephants and 1975 for Asian elephants, or under an exemption document.

"or under an exemption document. . ."

Would this be a CITES permit?

If a hunter imported a pair of elephant tusks legally following a successful hunt after 1990, would his documentation be sufficient?

Has the follow-up rule been announced? In any rulemaking there has to be a comment period. I think all should be alert to that opportunity to speak in opposition to the new rules.

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Hope the inlays on the banjos you own are all Obama admin approved.

Those banjo inlays are mostly gonna be abalone or mother of pearl; not to worry...yet.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well this all sounds like the Smithsonian might be a prime target for a raid. How funny would they find it if every major government type facility or major museum got raided before the first private citizen? Of course that is not they way it will work. Some poor snuck in Idaho is going to get busted for a ivory inlay in his guitar or a set of ivory handles on a old Colt. Worse yet it is only a matter of time before someone with fake ivory gets busted by mistake.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I for one don't paint all politicians with the same brush. My own Congressman, David Schweikert (R. Arizona),is a hunter and a target shooter.
He has stood by us on every issue that would impact our 2nd Amendment rights. Additionally he has NEVER lied to his constituents or mislead us and the people in his district are the type who pay close attention. I agree it's a shame we don't have more elected officials with his ethics.
I for one am sorry to see this issue which I believe is a real one with the potential to affect liberals as well as the typical conservatives who predominate the membership on this board become politicized before all the facts are in.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.