May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, Dan R, eightbore, Drew Hause, battle, 2 invisible), 283 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,650
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was very lucky on that Huglu. That's one of their higher end, custom guns. For some reason Chuck at TR Imports had it listed with the more common guns and I snapped it up at a very good price.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Kyrie, that's a beautiful piece of wood, but it looks too much like a rattlesnake to suit me. I'm afraid that I'd jump away from it every time I noticed it leaning against a fence post with the stock at my feet!...Geo

It couldn't hurt you - it already has a mouthful of shotgun :-)

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Bill,

Academy is the sole importer of Yildiz guns at this time. Briley in Houston does all the warranty work. I know of four, but do not know of one having to be sent for warranty work/repairs. I am a big fan of the Yildiz Elegante 4, and contrary to what some may think, I DO know real quality when I see it. I shoot a Perazzi in competition, and even one London sidelock gamegun.

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/en/detay_35.html

Mine has served me well on doves and bobs for several years, now. It is easily the most gun for the money I have ever seen. One of these days I am going to pull the buttstock off and take some pics of the trigger and locks just so I can show people how well finished they are. It defies all reason that they can produce and sell a gun of this quality for $489. Mine was $50 off, due to a brief sale. You need to buy one cheap if you plan to buy many shells for them! shocked

SRH

+1. I really like mine (it's a 20ga). Compared to a CZ it's a better gun IMO, nice trigger pulls, ejectors are very well timed and strong. No problems with the SST either. As Stan said, it's a quality gun.

About the only way to get one is thru the used market or if you have someone you know down south, buy one for you and ship it to your FFL, all legal of course.

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GJW: I see the nearest Academy to Oregon is in El Paso. Looks like I am going to have to ask one o' my Tejas buddies to help me out with this.
I could easily scare up one of the CZs, but by the time chokes and triggers are sorted out I would be looking at close to $1,000 for the Bob White and $1300 for the Ringneck.
Bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill,

If the Texas deal doesn't work out let me know. We've bought three of the .410s from the Academy near me. Wouldn't be too big a deal to get anuther'n and have it sent to you.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My question is has anybody done any patterning on these 410's to see how they are actually shooting? I can see that Stan's must be shooting OK with that pile of Georgia doves.

Mike Proctor
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PALUNC
My question is has anybody done any patterning on these 410's to see how they are actually shooting? I can see that Stan's must be shooting OK with that pile of Georgia doves.

Hi Mike, while I can't speak on the .410, I can tell you that the bbl regulation on my 20ga and my sons 12ga O/U are pretty damn good. Mine shoots a tad low (about 45/55), but not much that you can notice all that much. My sons O/U shoots about 50/50. Have not really patterned them yet, but shooting clays they sure do work. Took them out and we fired about 100rds each, and when we did our part, the guns busted clays with authority.

A couple things I should mention on these guns is the actions are alloy, so they are pretty lightweight. My 20 weighs 5-10 and my sons 12 weighs 6 1/4. But they are not whippy at all. They swing well and the balance is very good.

The other is, while the wood is very nice for a gun of this price point, it could do with some more oil, but that's a minor thing IMO.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan, I really appreciate your offer. Thank you.
GJW: Barrel regulation is another issue I have heard of with the twice-the-price CZs. Good to hear your Yildiz shotties seem to be properly built.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PALUNC

I have patterned this Bobwhite four-ten. It puts the pellets close enough for the birds to fall.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Snipe Hunter, I cannot imagine a more perfect tool for hunting Wilson's. Glad your CZ is working for you.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.