Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36981 04/22/07 09:27 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I followed this auction. Heck, I suppose one of our members may have bought this. But it sure seems to me that this type of sale will help ensure that guns get torn apart and sold in pieces. Thoughts? Jake
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300102146835&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:132

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

they already are being torn apart for parts and have been for decades. Talk to old collectors and you will hear the same story. The tubes look kinda rough and who knows if he even had the rest of the gun or what it looked like.

I often hear people wax poetic about how people should get less money for a gun based purely on sentimental grounds. But I have yet to see one of the waxing poets offer the seller of the gun the price difference if they keep the gun whole. And even if they do, who is to say that the buyer will not have it stripped down before the UPS truck even turns off of their street?

This topic has come up on this board every so often for several years. Hey, don't get me wrong. I hate to see some things broken down for parts too. But such is life. The seller may have his house in forclosure and could care less about sentiment. Or he could have been given the set of barrels by some little old lady.

One thing is as close to "sure" as I am willing to venture-if he thought he could get more for a complete gun he would have sold it complete!!!

skunk out
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

[quote=Marc Stokeld
One thing is as close to "sure" as I am willing to venture-if he thought he could get more for a complete gun he would have sold it complete!!! [/quote]

And, based on the price that rough set of barrels fetched, they were right.

Oh well, maybe they will emerge on a true Phoenix. There certainly is enough of that going on. RCC

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last month a Lefever G grade was sold on Ebay by the part. It netted more than it would have if sold as a gun on Gunbroker. Some say this is a sad day when a old gun get made into parts but I differ. That one gun went to several different people and they could then use it to make several guns whole again.

Must say that what the barrels sold for make me think back over all the years and all the spare barrel sets that I have seen and passed by.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I doubt that this guy was breaking up a whole B Grade Fox. If he did, he probably is running a bit short of the value of the whole gun unless he got $1000 for the stock. Not much market for receivers.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.