May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (welder, obsessed-with-doubles, Bill Davis, KDGJ, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 939 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37003 04/23/07 12:06 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A couple of weeks ago I called Firearms Service Center to order a box of Gamebores for pattern testing. They told me they no longer carry Gamebore, but did stock "NSI" shells which were loaded to the same pressure as the Gamebores. I bought a box and was surprised when it arrived. It is a 30g load moving at 1410fps! The box says "low recoil," but I have not pattern tested it yet to see for myself.

What I am wondering is are these things really low pressure? To me, that sounds like a lot of shot screaming out of the bores. Has anyone seen the pressure data on these shells? I tried to find a web site for NobelSport Italy, but came up dry.

skunk out
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark,
Any 1 oz load going over 1400 fps is generating plenty of pressure. It certainly is above 7000 psi, more likely 10000 psi. or higher.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc,
I assume you are speaking of the 2.5" shells. I have them and they are very good shells. Actually all of the NSI shells are very nice shells. The velocity of the "english" 2.5" shells are muzzle velocity not 3' aveage velcoity. I forgot how much difference it is but these shells are not too hot. I once inquired about the pressures and was told they are loaded to "standard industry pressures". I don't know what that means. There is a web site for noble sport shells they are inported by a wholsaler called Zanders, but they use a different name for the import of the shells.

Zanders was the only one to carry them until recently. Now they are starting to show up elsewhere. Very good quality shells, but I don't think they are low pressure.

Jerry

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gerald-

Yes, they are the 2.5" version When they say "standard pressure" I am guessing they mean American modern standard. I really don't think the guy at Firearms Service Center knew what he was talking about. I sent Zanders a copy of my FFL about a week ago, so I am waiting on their dealer catalog-will check what they have to say on th eshells when it comes in.

skunk out
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see, types of shells, patterns & chokes, wierd grouse that jump in the game bag and Sawyer MN. Isn't Sawyer a little West of Duluth?

You live in grouse country. You need to spend way more time in the woods checking your trap lines and figuring out where the little feller lives and less time worrying about what will knock him down.

After you figure out where all the little fellers are please advise.

P.S. Once you figure out that ideal load also let me know that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a website for Nobel Sport
http://www.dkgtrading.com/nobelsport/lr1.html

The pressures, just like those reported by B&P, are very likely CIP, and need another 500-1000 psi for the 'SAAMI translation.'

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Chicago:

I know where they are-I can see them out of any of the house's windows. Now the trick for you is to figure out where the house is!

I will give you a little tip:I see more of them out of the windows facing the West.

And yes, Sawyer is 30-40 minutes west of Duluth. If you can find Sawyer Township, you have won half the battle of finding my house. THere are a lot more gourse than houses around here, that's for sure.

Unfortunately I have some health probelsm and have been home-bound a good deal. So I have been surfing the net and reading. Any time you see me posting something on the internet, it is a safe assumption that I do not feel well enough to be in the shop or outside.

So until I am cured, get ready for more questions!

And thanks to everyone for all of the answers you have been giving me. I am primarily a big game hunter and have chased hooved/horned/antlered/furry stuff on 4 continents. But I have decided since moving back to God's Country that I am going to take advantage of the excellent bird hunting oppurtunities around here.

Last edited by Marc Stokeld; 04/23/07 02:13 PM.

skunk out

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.