May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (earlyriser, Jimmy W, Gunning Bird, Ian Forrester, Borderbill, 1 invisible), 412 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I bought a lottery ticket for Saturday's draw and I want to be ready. Of the double guns currently in production, help me decide which one to buy. This gun will be babied; game farm pheasants and sporting clays only. Thanks in advance!

Sidelock
Sidelock

presume you are speaking of sxs guns and not over and under models? answer depends on your budget...although not currently in production, many who shoot a lot of sporting clays seem to prefer the browning bss.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I do have some connections with a firm that makes handmade SxS's to order. While not production guns by any means, here's an example of their work:

Fine Stock Work:

Stock Oval:

Checkered butt:

Hand Fitting:

Let me know if your interested!

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure I understand what you mean by production.

Are you thinking currently produced, or production as in factory (mass) produced?

If I won the lottery, I would be looking for a Dickson Round Action. Or maybe a small bore McKay Brown. Or a Westley Drop Lock. Or better yet, one of each!

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you mean a mass produced gun but include those no longer in production, and if you only win a minor lottery prize: BSS if you're looking for a heavier gun; Ithaca SKB if you're looking for a lighter one. Both available in 12 or 20, lots of them around.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ninepointer
I bought a lottery ticket for Saturday's draw and I want to be ready. Of the double guns currently in production, help me decide which one to buy. This gun will be babied; game farm pheasants and sporting clays only. Thanks in advance!

The idea is to dream a little. What SxS that is currently being made (mass produced or custom) would you buy within a "modest" budget of <$100,000?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations on your soon to be lottery win!!
Now that your'e going to be rich, here are a couple of my favorite shotguns. And because of your potential to have much more leisure time, I thought that the fly rods would interest you.

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, how much do you think a new Burns and Westberg with all the extras would set me back?

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you win the lottery the answer is easy. You buy one of each available. Shoot them one at a time and those which do not measure up to your expectations or have the occasional miss built in them are to be given away to you many, very good friends. Repeat if they all have built in misses until you are happy. After all that is what the lottery dream is all about, happiness. The state is happy to tax you and you are happy to think your voluntary tax is a game you can and will win. After all no one buys a ticket hoping they loose.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
After all that is what the lottery dream is all about, happiness. The state is happy to tax you and you are happy to think your voluntary tax is a game you can and will win.

Nope, he can buy a "better gun" cause he's in Canada. No tax on lottery winnings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.