May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (j7l2, bbman3, Fudd, 1 invisible), 362 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,808
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe that Midway's CEO is Larry Potterfield. He is also a member of the NRA's Board of Directors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Midway is a large and successful company. They did not get that way be being stupid, so I am betting they got legal advice that led them to take the step of refusing to sell ammo in NYS.
Unfortunately.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Local FFL dealers have told me Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg had investigators trying to make Straw Purchases in other states. His intent was to turn them in to Federal authorities. Dealer I know will not sell firearms to anyone who sounds like he comes from New York no matter how good his identification looks. Extreme I admit but given the anti gun administrations in some states can understand his position. Midway must have made the same decision

Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

new york, new york...its a hellava town...

left there in 1998...

so happy i did so. wish i could have did it in 1968...

but, a lass...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Then I guess everyone in the "Blue States" just needs to cave in to the gun grabbers. If they(we) do so they will hand the anti's the biggest political coup in memory.
Bloomberg head Of a group formerly called MAIG which I for one publicly labeled the "Maggots",and may have been part reason for their name change, grin have lost big time in States such as Colorado on the anti-gunner recall vote. All Blooomberg has is a lot of money; he doesn't have realistic and persuasive arguments on his side.
IMO: We have the anti's on the ropes in many areas and we need to persist and see this thru as long as it takes. The alternative is not and should not be acceptable to committed firearms owners,users and collectors.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Businesses aren't in business to fight for our rights. That's for us to do. Businesses first and foremost are there to make money for their shareholders.

Whether or not it's the technical letter of the law, legal advice, regulatory and reporting headaches or just a general chill in the air, my sympathies are with Midway. In their estimation, for the good of their business, they are withdrawing from one of the major markets in the US.

It is up to the citizens of NYS to be outraged about this and respond by insisting state legislators adjust the statues to create a friendlier environment for gun owners. Sadly, I doubt this will happen.

But I can't fault Midway.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/20/14 09:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said, canvasback. Why on earth would a "for profit" business disallow themselves the profits from these sales to NY if they did not feel the cost was going to be too great?

Midway just may be doing NYS gunowners a favor by making this decision. NY citizens have sat by and let their gun rights be taken away by electing morons to office. Maybe this will begin the turning of the tide by inciting gun owners "to arms" (pun intended), instead of more apathy and loss. You know, you don't miss the water 'til the well runs dry.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well put Stan. I have to give Midway credit for having the balls to do this. Brownell's and Graf's should do the same thing. Sorry but I can't feel any other way towards the state that gave us the likes of Schumer and Bloomberg.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone supply contact information.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.

Well put Stan. I have to give Midway credit for having the balls to do this. Brownell's and Graf's should do the same thing. Sorry but I can't feel any other way towards the state that gave us the likes of Schumer and Bloomberg.

JRB
So in other words, lets extrapolate on your comment; no one should be upset about anything that happens with our gun rights anywhere since the majority of the country put Obama in office and so we all deserve what we get?

When California passed their requirements to sell to California gun buyers and dealers, a number of dealers said they would no longer sell to California. Who did that hurt? The Gun owners and no one else.
Besides which, the SAFE Act doesnt have any licensing requirements for out of state distributors. NONE!

Your states of North and South Dakota aren't immune from the tentacles of progressive politics and I wonder what you will be saying when someone votes one of them into office and it impacts you. I don't know if you are from N or S Dakota but you have had a few liberals too, and I am assuming you didn't vote for them.

George McGovern ring a bell?
Here is form a website of Liberal Dakota politics

"If you buy the Republican hype, you believe that North Dakota is pure right wing territory. Of course, it's not. There are plenty of strong, principled progressives just south of Saskatchewan, without much hope that their efforts will be recognized, but with plenty of determination to give it their best shot anyway. A thick stew of good liberal values is simmering just beneath the crusty skin of knee-jerk conservatism across the state.

We put together this collection of progressive resources in North Dakota because we want to help the grassroots activists of North Dakota in their struggle to bring the values of freedom and fairness back to the top. Of course, there's a mighty big territory to cover between Wahpeton and Williston, so we're looking for help in expanding out listings. If you know of any progressive candidates, information resources or organizations in North Dakota that we don't have listed here, let us know so that we can consider including them in our growing index."

http://irregularnews.com/states/nd.html

The attitude you mention is what is hurting the gun owners of saying it takes balls to cave to NY when there is nothing that prevents them from selling there?

I vote in NY and have so for more than 30 years. And I don't vote for "the likes of Schumer and Bloomberg".
And in 5 years I will be voting with my feet.

Last edited by Brian; 08/21/14 11:12 AM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.