March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Licensed to kill), 745 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, I'm heading up to Saskatchewan next month for my annual duck/goose expedition. I notice your birds are still all pretty much in the LBD (little brown duck) plumage phase. Next few weeks should make'em all a little more photogenic.

It is always good to see the progress of your boys in their sporting life. Thank you for taking the time to share...Geo

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks George for the very kind words! I've been blessed with some good kids (all 8 of them), never been in any trouble with the law or other people or school for that matter. The boys have been a blessing (the girls also!). Will is 19 and working full time (for someone on this board BTW) and loves what he does, Jim is 17 and is a Senior and will go on to school (after he passes the sixth grade). The good Lord has smiled on the wife and I. I'm a lucky man!

Thanks again!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, 8 kids? Don't usually see large families these days. Your boys seem to be on the right path thanks to a father engaged in their lives. Mom must be special, too. I'm the oldest of 10. I couldn't get out of that diaper-ridden house fast enough. wink Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, please tell us more about your Italia. Is it the Extra? Bbl length, chokes, weight...whatever you can. I can never find one of these.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Steve, it's not the Italia Extra, just the Italia the bbl length is 28", weight is 6-15, I had Briley instal thin wall steel shot tubes. The stock has had a stock enhancement done to it by Mark Larson (the original wood was as plain as day, no grain at all). Been my duck gun for the past 4 years and I don't regret ever getting her. The balance is great, seems to weigh less than what it is. Overall, one fine modern hammergun!

GLS, thanks for the very kind words, very much appreciated! The wife is A Number One. She loves kids and puts up with me. She put up with all the moves we did and me being away before I retired out of the Army. She's a very special gal. Glad I got her!

Thanks again all!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's one I'll remember for a while from last week. Nice group of Huns. Photo taken by a fine photographer friend.

RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you hit any of them, Daryl?

I will make Sidney late the afternoon of the 17th. Will you and the gang still be there?

bc
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, it sounds like your family is in stark contrast to Pat Conroy's growing up under the wing of the Great Santini. Conroy and his siblings were interviewed by SC historian Walter Edgar on SCETV radio Friday. It will re-air tonight at 7 pm. According to Pat ( I read this in a local newspaper), who made peace with his father and delivered his Dad's eulogy, said every day when he'd leave duty and return home in the afternoon, his wife would line the kids up in the home along the foyer wall and their father would walk in proclaiming: "Make way for a Marine fighter pilot". Conroy thought that every household in Beaufort experienced the same: "Make way for a chiropractor, lawyer, teacher, etc."at day's end when others' dads came home. A brother said: "I thought everyone in the world moved every two years and got beaten by their father once a day." Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RCC
Did you hit any of them, Daryl?

I will make Sidney late the afternoon of the 17th. Will you and the gang still be there?

Bob, we will be leaving the next day , I think. The group of birds was seen by my hunting partner as we were driving. He said they were Sharptails. So we got out and approached the area where they lit, but the group of Huns then got up and I sort of "adjusted" a bit too late on them. My partner got two, though.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 09/28/14 09:06 AM.
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well then, I will be by to share your week's adventures and to say hello to all.

bc
Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.