May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (MattH, buckstix, dblgnfix, Jimmy W, 2 invisible), 1,057 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,545
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe the .22 Pump [REM. MOD. 12 ?] belonging to R.G. Owen THAT SOMEONE MENTIONED MIGHT BE GOING TO PETROV'S SISTER,I believe is on the auction. At least I think it was it, I'm not sure, not being a follower of this auction. HTH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lot 465 ? Maybe thats the one your looking for,its a Rem mod 12 from that collection.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Remington Model 12 / Remington>>>R.G.Owen>>>Charles Sheldon>>>Michael Petrov that we have all seen on this forum is the one listed. Michael had another, Remington 12C NRA Target that he had when he was a kid. That rifle he told me would go to his sister or daughter. The R.G.Owen rifle is so unique because he had so much correspondence between Mr. Owen and Mr. Sheldon where the specific rifle was mentioned. Truly thorough and rich provenance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

…and my favorite.
At my request, Michael brought the Owen M-12 to Reno for the ACGG show when we had the retro custom display. It added another element of variety to the display.
In this vein we had a discussion about a Winchester M-61 as a possible project something I gave a lot of thought to.
Owen's letter about selling this rifle to buy fine walnut could have been written by any custom gunmaker from any era.

PhysDoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I didn't know that Amoskeag is also on proxibid, here is the link
so that we can watch the prices,

amoskeag

Sidelock
Sidelock

At one time Michael had a Newton rifle in 30-06 that Alvin Linden had stocked. It is not on the auction list. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Also, Does anyone happen to have a picture of it? I thought I did but evidentely I don't as I can't find it. frown

The remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable all 'round rifle. - Seymour Griffin wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Idared, I'm pretty sure Michael traded or sold that one a little over a year ago, but I don't no who has it. I had handled it but decided I didn't want it. There's a pic in his first book page 57.
Or try this.. http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=116938&page=1
Dan.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan

Thanks so much for passing on that information, I appreciate it.

Michael at one time hinted that he might do a "Coffee Table Book" in full color of the rifles he had photos of. I had rat-holed a fair amount of money and was eagerly awaiting the day that it would come. Unfortunately, I didn't keep enough copies of the photos he did post on here and other places. The link you provided still had the photos of Art Vinje's Linden Rifle which is a great thing.

I am most thankful for the books of his which were published.

Many thanks again, Larry

The remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable all 'round rifle. - Seymour Griffin wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless I'm mistaken, the Lot 258 Wundhammer is a project gun created by Michael for a Wundhammer stock that he had and is chronicled at:
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/971104608/p/1

This has been brought to Amoskeag's attention as they seem to think this is an authentic Wundhammer.
Dennis

Dennis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last night I went to Amoskeag and visited with Michael's rifles for about an hour, the only time I have this week to get down to Manchester.. Not nearly enough time and very overwhelming to see so many fine rifles in one place. I wish I had had the opportunity to visit with him in person and view his collection as some of you have! I have his books and have followed his posts on this forum eagerly awaiting each new photo. I knew he had an exceptional collection, but seeing them in person is impressive and is a reminder of how research is yet to be done!

I had several conversations with Michael over the last three or four years comparing features of several unknown sporters and he helped out with several purchases. He was generous with his time and his knowledge, for which I am very grateful-I learned a great deal from him.

Good luck to those bidding, I hope that the rifles stay with the folks on this forum. I won't be bidding, a new roof and and two young kids at home has wiped out this years fun money! The best I can hope for is to discover a new treasure on my own or that some of these turn up at auction again when I have money!

For what its worth, and this surprised me, I think the Ross King sporter was my favorite. Of course, if I went thru them all again, I might change my mind. Did Michael have a favorite?

-Tom

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.