May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (KY Jon, ClapperZapper, David Williamson, Jusanothajoe, Mike Harrell, ithaca1), 253 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,349
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Boy! This is a hard**s bunch! I grant you it's different but the round body is nice and should be comfortable to carry. The lever is different and the trigger guard fitting is just "newspeak".
A bit like having an Asian girl friend. You never know until you try it.

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing
Sidelock
Sidelock

Trigger guard shape is yucky and i have never liked single triggers on a sbs. Don't like the shape of the hand/wrist of the stock, seems to become quite chunky; lacks the refined look of nice doubles. Think the forend could do with being a shade longer just to balance out the wood at the back a bit.

Kind of has that Darne (https://www.doublegunshop.com/darne/darne4.jpg) appeal to me. In their nature they just look a bit odd and i don't necessarily love them for it, but at the same time its not easy to think outside the box and it does have some appeal to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It might make the hide-bound traditionalists choke, but the lines are really good. Yeah, the top lever reminds me of the back end of a BMW Z3/4 - the rest of it was well done, but they had just ran out of steam by the time they got to the last part.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark II
Single triggers are the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. It is the result of the writings of Jack O'Connor and Maj. Askins. I'd like to see and feel the shape of the wrist. MKII

You've obviously never used a sxs for waterfowling while using heavy gloves, or used a sxs in competition. Casual upland shooters have never gotten the whole single trigger thing.

Single triggers had been around for a very long time before O'Connor and Askins.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

He is not French, Newson was born in Sydney, Australia. As to the design it is more modern than many purist like but that is the whole point. Doubles are 150 years old and if you are going to interest people into buying new one for big bucks you need to do something different. I hope the gun sells well so other new designs will follow. Anything to bring new guns to the game.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Other than the particulars of the engraving and the toplever, I like it.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Side by sides with double triggers have been used in competitions for many years as well as on very large bag driven bird shoots without any problem . Lets be honest its not a wildfowler so again the problem would not arise .As to the looks ,OK the safe arrangement is a gimmick but look at some photos of early guns by Lefever and Ithica , functional but not exactly what could be described as graceful classic lines.
This is merely a marketing ploy to part hard earned cash from those who buy into "designer chic" or on the other hand those with lots of money and no taste for tradition ,but thats my opinion ,others may differ .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunman
This is merely a marketing ploy to part hard earned cash from those who buy into "designer chic" or on the other hand those with lots of money and no taste for tradition ,but thats my opinion ,others may differ .

You nailed it, Gunman.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like it but the top lever needs more work. It looks unfinished and is a jarring note in the overall design. What guages is it going to come in?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since the Dickson round action is sometimes referred to as "The Snake" perhaps that's the reason for the engraving selection here.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.