May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Fudd), 473 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,462
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

I grew up with four dogs in succession named Alec. Don't ask me what kind.

Later my dad had two more dogs, Weimaraners, both named Graf. Once he found a name he liked he kinda got stuck.

Glad my mom was able to exert some influence when my brothers and I were born.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a large minority and I believe Pakistanis comprising the largest group of muslims to Canada have the highest percentage of adherents to misogyny, honour killings etc. Scary, isn't it?

On your second point of equivalency---a critical issue by itself: spirit is often measured by comparing one thing to another---I can't imagine myself declaring solutions for intractable problems of faith.

Your last point---"the classic tactic of the left---really got my synapses snapping for the way it sequed into your following kill-em-all post which plays straight into the jihadists plan.

Hideous beheadings broadcast to the world is a continuum of their audacious 9/11 objective to show the vulnerability of the ruling power, to provoke it to overreact, to encourage recruits to their cause.

It's working. The consequences of a botched "war on terror" we're living with today. The Iraq invasion architect Rumsfield had earlier warned that a military equipped for big battles "couldn't possibly change fast enough to fight successfully the global war on terror."

Rumsfield also cautioned that images of Americans killing Muslims would recruit and nourish them---imagine the lift from Abu Ghraib--- and that US cruelty and repressiveness would increasingly bring in insurgents to fight against what they consider another Western crusade against the Islamic world.

Our side will grind down these Stone Age madmen over time. Bacon bits, hang-em-high, torture makes some feel better, like tearing the wings out of horse flies. It will require the same "steadfastness" of Truman and Adenauer that allowed America's triumph in the cold war. That's a Rumsfield quote, too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I'm glad you responded but I am just rushing around trying to get the boy ready for hockey practice. A few quick comments and I'll try to flesh out later.

Yes it is scary, in so far as we a re lax about which Pakistanis we allow to emigrate and how we encourage them to behave once here. Lots for another day.

Equivalency....it's what I see as a knee jerk response from the left on subjects like this. Can't talk about the problem because once, somewhere, someone else behaved badly.

My last point is about moral relativism. Yes, actually some people, some religions, some cultures ARE better than others.

I'll be back

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last, good old Rumsfield. I know it's trendy to crap on him these days but he's a-one in my book!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Our side will grind down these Stone Age madmen over time....

I can't see how. What if a lib could convince one friend to change 'grind down' to 'Cheney'. Then, they told another friend, and so and so on.

Wouldn't repetition become fact that the 'madmen' are righteous freedom fighters worthy of praise and a seat in society. Hang on, not in my neighborhood. Maybe, coequals with western Christians and Jews. Never mind, scratch that, I shouldn't use bad words.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: King Brown
There should be more smiles than grimaces---back to the thread, where we're headed?---because for all the racist and misogynic language---Americans are benefitting from what they fought so hard to get rid of 50 years ago.

Ninety-five per cent approve of interracial marriage---only 17 per cent in '68. Same percentage say yes they'd vote for a "qualified" black president; less than half said yes 50 years ago. Qualifier noted.

Black voter turnout now 67 per cent, three points higher than white. Nearly identical graduation rates. All the while health and education gaps have narrowed sharply. Something to be proud of, to celebrate.

Wow King, you must have been overpressurized with lies during your little absence, because this post is full of them.

Why don't you show us where you see either misogyny or racism in this thread. Proof please. Just because you don't agree with an observation on a particular race does not make that statement racist. I happen to think you are the biggest racist here... ignoring reality and dredging up racial sins that were committed when most of us were either children or not yet born.
You just can't let go of those DNC Liberal Leftist Lies, can you? The election is over. That dishonest little "War on Women" tactic didn't work. So why not dredge up phony racism for 2016, and ignore what the black community is doing to itself, and more importantly, ignore what the Liberal Democrats have done to destroy the black family?

Here's the most recent Gallup Polling data for interracial marriage:

http://sexandstats.com/2014/12/01/gallups-2013-interracial-marriage-approval-rates/

Guess what? It's not 95% approval as King says. Another lie. No surprise there.

Black voter turnout? Who in hell really knows when you have so many blacks voting more than once. But King's 67% figure was another big fat lie... especially if you're talking about the most recent election where black voting did not exceed 40%. Here's an article about it from a Black Author in a Black Magazine:

http://uptownmagazine.com/2014/11/sorry-black-voter-turnout-low-2014-midterm-elections/

King also says Black and White Graduation Rates are nearly identical. Check here to see the truth:

http://www.beyondthebricksproject.com/black-male-graduation-vs-dropout-rate

So 47% for Blacks vs. 78% for whites is "nearly identical"???
These figures are from "No Child Left Behind" guidelines and calculation methods, and come from the Bureau of the Census for the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They must be a bunch of misogynic racists, huh King?

We really missed all of your lies King. No, that really is a lie. We didn't miss your Liberal Leftist Lies, dishonesty, and bullshit one bit. All we had to deal with was ed's abject stupidity.

Hey GLS, is your middle name Lenin too? Why did it take so long for you to come to the rescue of your Libtard buddy? Since you can't show us where he was actually telling the truth when I said he was lying... why don't you go spoon a goose? You can start here dumbass. Let us know how things work out between you and the goose.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey fellas, look at this high morals son of a b*tch. This is how you do a Hazardous-Materials clean-up when you spill Mercury in a house...

You do a half-assed job and then sell it to some poor unsuspecting bastard so that their kids can become exposed to it.

Sleazy is as sleazy does.

GLS must have gotten exposed to it during the initial clean-up and it rotted his brain.

GLS post #387053 on 12/12/14 8:34 AM

Originally Posted By: GLS
Damascus, wonderful clock and barometer. I have a mahagony wheel barometer made by Fagioli of Clerkenwell that is an old family heirloom. Movers tilted it and spilled mercury all over the floor. My hazmat procedure to remove traces after clean-up was to eventually sell the house. A buddy gave me a 5 lb. bottle of mercury that is somewhere in the attic. One day I'll get a "round toit" and fix it. Gil

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think he was exposed to fairy dust sized Tungsten shot...

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

keith you should consider having your sphincter relaxed surgically. It's cutting the blood flow to your brain. Either that our don't keep your head up there. Merry Christmas!

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JohnfromUK
[quote=keith]I'm surprised that long list of Double Gun Books did not include Shotgun Technicana by McIntosh and Trevallion. It's out of print, but well worth reading if you can locate a copy.

I agree its an excellent book - and it is listed (in the middle of the McIntosh section) from JohnfromUK

If King had posted this, you'd have called him a liar.

Gil

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.