April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Tom Shaffer, Argo44, SKB, 1 invisible), 1,058 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Marry the right woman to begin with and all this is someone else's problem.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a guy back out of a deal - even after I had his money in hand - on account of his wife wouldn't let him buy another gun etc. So I sent him his money back.

Next week, I saw him back on the site asking about buying some other gun. I just decided to refer to him as 'Richard Noggin' from that point on.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't buy guns. However, when left alone in the dark confines of a gun safe, mine tend to procreate.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: terc
I think they may be a way out for some guys with cold feet. It's easy to blame someone else.
terc

Bingo

Sidelock
Sidelock

SkeetTX,
Thanks for the welcome. I use to visit this site daily 8 or 9 years ago, then I got into LR rifles. Time to get back into shotguns.

Ithaca1

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I married, three decades plus ago I made one strategic correct decision, no joint accounts, ever. My wife who is a doctor keeps her money in her accounts and I do so in mine. No joint accounts, no bickering about who spent what. I pay for my bills, pay for agreed house bills and my wife does the same. We have never argued about money or who spent what on what they wanted. Kids get taken care of, house is warm and comfortable and the gun room is full. Life is good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Once again a wife kills a gun sale. A guy calls, asks for more pictures, more details, speak to him twice and says he wants it. Then, he has to ask his wife and she says no he can not buy it.These kind of guys who have to ask their wife for permission should do that ahead of time and not waste the sellers time asking for more pictures and lots of other details. They need to get the ok from their wife before they play with guns.

I find this happens more with the cheaper guns, under $1500 and with most being under $1000.

So for the guys who need permission, they need to make sure they are allowed to have it ahead of time!

John Boyd

He was a nosepicker

Sidelock
Sidelock

I always ask the female of the house if I should buy another gun and invariably she barks in the affirmative. It works great. Gabby is a four year old French Brit and she loves Beretta sxs's.

JNW Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I saved up for three years to buy my dream target gun - a custom Perazzi. My wife was all on board. Shortly after it arrived she got a new dining room set. Custom made. Oddly enough it was just about the price of my Pgun. Wierd how that happened. She didn't have to wait three years either. However, we're both happy.
I think gloftness has the ideal partner!
Jeff

Last edited by JNW; 01/10/15 11:05 PM.

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

An excellent argument against the idea of marriage......
Or, live by the old saying of "It's better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission."

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.