April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (KDGJ, Jtplumb, battle, AaronN, smlekid), 458 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Don't ask, don't tell. I am however very tricky about sneaking'em in the house!...Geo
The late Gene Hill wrote the book on that special op- chapter and verse--My kinda guy- didn't take any crap from Mrs. Hill, went hunting or shooting whenever the spirit moved him--

Hey guys it's a gun, not a mistress!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Found a gun I wanted but was reluctant to spend the money. The wife and I took a trip to Kansas City to look at a cheaper alternative and while I was thinking about it she said "why don't you just buy the one you really want?" Gotta love a woman like that.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Marry the right woman to begin with and all this is someone else's problem.

SRH

'Nuf said.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've always kept my gun/hunting account separate from the family accounts, and when I have to borrow from family savings to buy something I just have to have NOW, I pay it back ASAP from the gun account, and show both the borrowing and the payback in the check register for my "accountant." Kept the peace for 49+ years and many guns and hunting trips.

Now, how the money gets INTO the gun account, THAT is where some "don't ask, don't tell" comes in....

My wife, completely uninterested in the details of guns, is an excellent shot with a shotgun and .22 handguns. She has come to accept that she's married to a gun nut. When/where we were raised, it was common, if not actually normal, to possess, use, and carry firearms.

Last edited by Mike A.; 01/11/15 01:17 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Many a gun she has commented, " I haven't seen that one before".
My standard reply is that I traded some parts for it and it needed work.
I don't do any explaining past that. none of her business.

never leave the house with a gun in a case without another case with a broomstick in it. they count the cases coming back, not what's in them.

having gun cabinets with opaque doors prevents any inquiring eyes from seeing what's in there.

Last edited by Brian; 01/11/15 06:21 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bet he used the wife as an excuse not to buy it. Just wanted more pics/info.

'Oh the wife said I can't buy it.....'. just lurking.

D.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife and I have a simple agreement - with her I am monogamous.

With fly rods and firearms I am permitted "serial affairs" - her words. She, on the other hand, is happy with 2 fly rods, 2 revolvers and 2 shotguns - especially her 20 gauge Beretta 471 SxS with which she yesterday killed quail and pheasant.

A wife who loves to break clays and quail hunt is easy to live with.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I owned a gun shop when I was married the first time and she ws an avid shooter/hunter, no problem there, but I always had to ask for what ever I bought, we lasted 12 yrs.

The second one likes to shoot(Shot for the CSU small bore team) but is a bunny hugger, we're both on our second marriage so we have three account, hers, mine and ours. Ours gets a donation from each of us to cover bills and household expenses. Hers and mine are at our own discretion and neither of us has to ask or feel guilty, 26yrs now with never an argument over money, life is good.

Her only [censored] is what she is going to do with all the guns when I die. I have to keep an inventory for her with where they are to go or be sold for and by whom.

Last edited by oskar; 01/11/15 10:49 PM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: oskar
I owned a gun shop when I was married the first time and she ws an avid shooter/hunter, no problem there, but I always had to ask for what ever I bought, we lasted 12 yrs.

The second one likes to shoot(Shot for the CSU small bore team) but is a bunny hugger, we're both on our second marriage so we have three account, hers, mine and ours. Ours gets a donation from each of us to cover bills and household expenses. Hers and mine are at our own discretion and neither of us has to ask or feel guilty, 26yrs now with never an argument over money, life is good.

Her only [censored] is what she is going to do with all the guns when I die. I have to keep an inventory for her with where they are to go or be sold for and by whom.
I think Gene Hill once also said that his only regret about dying is that he would miss his own estate sale--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago my wife said we had too many shotguns, so I sold hers...she has stayed out of my inventory ever since!

p.s. She now has a beautiful 20 Ga. Grulla

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.