May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 283 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,703
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Brian #393325 02/08/15 06:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Am torn on this one, as a rule "a deal is a deal" and his terms on return policy are clear. On the other hand from the photos the stock is clearly broken.

Fact that it's a consignment gun complicates it, he has to answer to the consignor if refunding shipping charges. Wonder how he is going to explain the break to the guns owner.

In the end able to return a 7,000 gun when not as expected for 75 dollars is not a bad outcome. It could have been worse.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 02/08/15 06:25 PM.
arrieta2 #393326 02/08/15 06:25 PM
Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
You saw my post on our return policy, so I will not go over that again.

But let me play devils advocate,

You travel 30 miles to get a special TV, go on several toll roads, (like here in Houston). You get the TV home and you open the box and you find it marked up. It came from the manufacture like that. So you drive back the 30 miles to get a refund or exchange. (does not matter) "(I think we have all been down this route at onetime or another)
so you have 4 trips, 2 to get it and two to bring it home. Would you ask the store or manufacture for to pay for the gas and tolls, what would they say?

driving 30 miles each way costs me about 10.00 in gas, not 130.00 in shipping charges. but I would discuss with the manager and let them know f my inconvenience. usually a smart store manager makes it right.

Just wondering?

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian #393327 02/08/15 06:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the intent of the seller when,after disclosure of a material defect-cracked stock, still does not have it reflected in his add.

To me that says a lot,what happens to the next buyer who gets it ?Eating some shipping is one thing-and he should,he can go back to the consignor,or just figure is part of doing business,that small money,having the guns still for sale and no mention of it is something a lot worse.

Although its inactive now,I still have a real estate license and can recall many sellers after finding out the septic or well,or basement has water issues,still wanted to hide it.There are lots of people like your seller Brian,does not make it right thou.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Brian #393368 02/08/15 11:57 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian

You asked me how I would handle it
I already made that clear in my first post

However, like college you sometimes you have pay
To get educated.

I have learned may lessons in this business after 43 years

Sometimes you have lick your wounds and move on or it will consume you

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Brian #393390 02/09/15 09:28 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

brian: hopefully, by keeping this thread alive, your seller will take notice and do the right thing by refunding you all of your funds expended in this transaction.

sadly, some here have used this thread as a conduit for spewing out their bogus and mean spirited rhetoric.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
arrieta2 #393397 02/09/15 10:08 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
You saw my post on our return policy, so I will not go over that again.

But let me play devils advocate,

You travel 30 miles to get a special TV, go on several toll roads, (like here in Houston). You get the TV home and you open the box and you find it marked up. It came from the manufacture like that. So you drive back the 30 miles to get a refund or exchange. (does not matter) "(I think we have all been down this route at onetime or another)
so you have 4 trips, 2 to get it and two to bring it home. Would you ask the store or manufacture for to pay for the gas and tolls, what would they say?

Just wondering?

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Instead of a hypothetical story let me tell you a true one. I bought a gas stove two years ago from a large appliance/electronics store. The hookup and burner adjustment required someone from the gas company and their charge for the service was $75. This was disclosed at the time of the purchase and was expected. After two visits, and $150 out of my pocket for the service calls from my gas company it was determined by all that the stove would need to be replaced. When I went to the store to make the exchange I spoke with the manager. A day later I was contacted by the regional manager. She was insistent that they make things right for me. Since the new stove would also require a $75 service fee for hookup and adjustment she gave me a credit of $450, double what I was spending for service calls for the first and replacement stove. I have since bought a refrigerator and dishwasher from that store. Everyone isn't a shyster, it's just that so many people are that everyone has come to accept that as the way of the world and just part of doing business.

Brian #393402 02/09/15 10:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

John Boyd has it exactly right. As a retired lawyer I would tell you that the seller is legally wrong and his "policy" does not protect him when he sells a gun clearly having a major defect that is not consistent with the description he used and not disclosed to the buyer. That is not changed because he is selling the gun for a third party. However move on and do not let it consume you. This happened to me a couple of times and I was so glad to get the purchase price back that the shipping cost I paid was almost irrelevant.
By the way this happened to me both times with unsophisticated sellers and both changed the listing after I pointed out the defect and returned the gun.

Brian #393404 02/09/15 10:45 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Move on...? On this forum? Seriously?

Out there doing it best I can.
Brian #393407 02/09/15 10:52 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

stories about tv deals and gas stove deals that went bad are of little value here.

what is of value here are stories about gun deals that went bad and how buyers and sellers worked it out to their mutual benefit.

having been a buyer and seller of antique and collectible firearms for over 30 years now, i have many contacts thru out north america and northern europe. many of those contacts are also my consignment customers. some are also my friends.

one of the values of having many contacts and friends is the ability to network for referrals. here is an example:

-sometimes, a consignment customer has several guns for sale. there are costs involved with consigning items. there are shipping and insurance costs, plus my humble fee. and an item needs to be of a certain value, for it to be worth my while to sell it. plus, i do not care to sell nor handle semi automatic firearms...

anyway, so often, i refer my consignment customers to others local to them that have proven their honesty and good judgement to me. some of my referrals are people that i once had an issue with, where i was the buyer and they were the seller...if they handled the issue in a respectful and honest manner, then they get added to my referral list...

on the other hand, those that conduct themselves in a rude and dishonest manner, are quickly forgotten, except for a personal note that says, do not make the same mistake twice.

point is, the seller of this $7000 shotgun, is nuts for not doing right by brain. how much future business has been lost due to his rigid adherence to his return policy regarding refund of shipping cost? and i certainly would not refer anyone to him, until brian informs us of his full satisfaction with this transaction.

there can be positive power in forums of this venue, if they are used for good purposes, instead of as conduits for bad purposes.

Last edited by ed good; 02/09/15 11:00 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Brian #393410 02/09/15 11:09 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed - If you were the seller of this gun, doesn't your policy say "No Retuns"? If so, in this instance, the buyer is not out the shipping costs, he would be stuck with a broken gun

Hmmm

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.