May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Perry M. Kissam, Drew Hause, 2 invisible), 270 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,708
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
ed good #393656 02/10/15 03:10 PM
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not an Ed basher, but for God's sake, Ed, you surely know what you did in that case was wrong. You know, or at least should know, that a double shouldn't need the forend in order to not be loose. Your attempted explanation to justify your behavior just makes it worse. To suggest that the buyer should return it at his expense for the same questionable gunsmith to reexamine is absurd. Once again, you're hiding behind your murky "refund policy". Do you really need money so bad that you would compromise your integrity over such an issue or do you just want to "win" that much?

Last edited by cpa; 02/10/15 03:42 PM.
ed good #393664 02/10/15 03:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
well mikie, its, been a few years, but, as i recall, the buyer of this 100 year old english made osborne boxlock gun was disappointed that the barrels were a bit loose on the hinge pin with the forend removed. the fact that the gun was tight and on face when fully assembled and in firing position, did not impress him. and also the fact that i advised him that my gunsmith had evaluated the gun and judged it to be a safe shooter with light loads, made little impression on him as well. as i recall, he asked that i refund $300 to pay for repairs to the gun, which in my opinion were not necessary for safe functioning. i did offer to have my gunsmith take look at the gun again, at the buyers expense, to make sure it was safe to shoot. but, as i recall, be became angry and rather unpleasant and said he would take care of it and hung up the phone before i had an opportunity to discuss compromise alternatives...as i recall, we did not discuss return.

ed if you will read the subject thread:
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post348207
It is very clear that the buyer wanted to return the gun but you wouldn't let him. Nothing at all about rejoining.

Why don't you put some version of this statement in your return policy?
for proper function, forend should not fall off when gun is fired...everything else is cosmetic.
Then prospective buyers could tell that it was going to be very difficult to return a gun that had an undisclosed problem.

If you want to continue this discussion I think I can find some more threads and quotes to support my opinion of your "return policy" and your application of of that policy.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/10/15 03:54 PM.

I am glad to be here.
cpa #393669 02/10/15 04:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cpa
I'm not an Ed basher, but for God's sake, Ed, you surely know what you did in that case was wrong. You know, or at least should know, that a double shouldn't need the forend in order to not be loose. Your attempted explanation to justify your behavior just makes it worse. To suggest that the buyer should return it at his expense for the same questionable gunsmith to reexamine is absurd. Once again, you're hiding behind your murky "refund policy". Do you really need money so bad that you would compromise your integrity over such an issue or do you just want to "win" that much?

cpa, you're trying to reason with a guy who clearly has no sense of right or wrong. He has called me a liar for pointing out some things that dozens of guys here also saw with their own eyes. I'm OK with that because I, and so many others, understand that we're dealing with someone who obviously has mental problems. He thinks that constant denial of the truth will make his own lies believable, but as you say, he only keeps digging himself in deeper. NBC's Brian Williams eventually reached a point where he couldn't run from his own lies and deceptions anymore, and he took a leave of absence probably hoping that people will forget. ed isn't smart enough to do that.

Personally, I'm glad that DaveW hasn't banished ed. Letting him keep making a total fool of himself is far worse punishment... it's driving him even crazier and aggravating him while he's on his vacation, and it lets unwary and uneducated gun buyers who happen upon this site know that there are some sellers that are best avoided.

edit: I was pretty happy with my first L.C. Smith. The seller told me it was all original. It was clean and tight and screws looked unturned. The price seemed more than reasonable and I almost broke my arm reaching for my wallet. I would have gave the seller excellent feedback if it was an internet rather than a gun show sale. Couple years later, while taking pictures and recording descriptions of all my guns for insurance purposes, I decided to measure the barrels. 27 1/2" long. So much for all original. Live and learn and caveat emptor.

Last edited by keith; 02/10/15 04:22 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Brian #393670 02/10/15 04:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

cpa: i do not agree...

and for a buyer to expect that a mid quality 100 year old english made boxlock to be tight as new with no looseness when partially assembled is not realistic.

plus, the gun was judged to be in safe shooting condition by my expect gunsmith...

my goal is to sell safe shooters, at fair retail prices, which this gun was.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Brian #393673 02/10/15 04:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

mikie: after reading your post above, it is clear to me that this character khan came on here with malicious intent...notice what he posted here is something he claims was written by my customer, that he lifted from another web site...sorry, but khan and everything about him is suspect...whatever happened to khan anyway? he sorta appeared out of no where and then went poof and disappeared.

and the fact is, my customer did not want to return the gun, but did want me to pay for the cost of his gunsmith to repair the gun to his satisfaction. but, the key point is this:
the gun was as i advertised it. it was in safe shooting condition, so i saw no grounds for return. buyers who expect mechanical perfection in 100 year old guns are not the people i wish to do business with.

guess you are not interested in hearing about guns i did accept back for refund?

Brian #393674 02/10/15 04:31 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

"the gun was judged to be in safe shooting condition by my expect gunsmith..."

I 'spect the buyer had seen your gunsmith's previous work Ed

Carry on without me.

Brian #393676 02/10/15 04:52 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

an keith: i have decided to take dudley's advise and not respond to those here like you, who seem to wish to infect the rest of us with your misery.

Brian #393677 02/10/15 05:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

drew: thanks for posting the above pictures, copied from one of my old for sale listings...old ed's sleeving of these 12 ga parker gh barrels was not cosmetically prefect. but it did not cost $2000, either...whats interesting though, is that this gun is expertly regulated. it shoots both patterns from its 30" sleeved barrels to the same point of aim at 30 yards...and old ed was around 80 when he did this work about 8 years ago...

plus, last time i heard from owner, he cherishes this old parker and has won several skeet and sporting clays tournaments with it, which makes me happy.

and drew, if there was anything you would like to post here to help brian get back the rest of his money, i would think he would appreciate it...

Last edited by ed good; 02/10/15 05:16 PM.

ed good #393678 02/10/15 05:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

an keith: i have decided to take dudley's advise and not respond to those here like you, who seem to wish to infect the rest of us with your misery.

If I had a nickel for every time you said that ed, I could buy several torch colored guns that were advertised as having colors which duplicate factory original. But I probably wouldn't be able to return them if I found they were loose or off the face.

But that's no way to treat the only friend you have here ed! smile

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good #393679 02/10/15 05:24 PM
Dewey Vicknair
Unregistered
Dewey Vicknair
Unregistered

...old ed's sleeving of these 12 ga parker gh barrels was not cosmetically prefect. but it did not cost $2000, either....

I don't usually get involved in threads like this but with this comment, I feel compelled.

Working down to a price is never an excuse for poor workmanship.

If the client can't afford the job then the job shouldn't be done, period.

Every job that a gunsmith does becomes part of their reputation, which is far more important (to me at least) than making a buck.

To then put one's name upon such work is unfathomable to me.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.