May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 258 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,710
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
ed good #393681 02/10/15 05:30 PM
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
cpa: i do not agree...

and for a buyer to expect that a mid quality 100 year old english made boxlock to be tight as new with no looseness when partially assembled is not realistic.

plus, the gun was judged to be in safe shooting condition by my expect gunsmith...

my goal is to sell safe shooters, at fair retail prices, which this gun was.

Ed, I'm truly sorry for you. Either you just don't know any better or you live in a state of delusion. Perhaps someday you'll look in the mirror, reality will hit and you will realize that achieving your sales goals at any cost is not worth what it does to you as a person.

Last edited by cpa; 02/10/15 05:32 PM.
ed good #393682 02/10/15 05:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

mikie: after reading your post above, it is clear to me that this character khan came on here with malicious intent...notice what he posted here is something he claims was written by my customer, that he lifted from another web site...sorry, but khan and everything about him is suspect...
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...tage_SxS_Gamegu

and the fact is, my customer did not want to return the gun, but did want me to pay for the cost of his gunsmith to repair the gun to his satisfaction. but, the key point is this:
the gun was as i advertised it. it was in safe shooting condition, so i saw no grounds for return. buyers who expect mechanical perfection in 100 year old guns are not the people i wish to do business with.
It is my opinion that you just made this up. You have many replies in the referenced thread and not one of them says the poor sucker wanted to rejoin the gun. He just wanted to return it: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post348207

And here are some quotes from that thread:

I guess when all is said and done, my business practices are based on what works for me. so long as I continue achieve my sales goals, then I will continue to do business as usual...if that changes, then my practices will change or I will go out of business...

Originally Posted By: khanh
This was posted recently on another forum that I browse.

"posted 12 December 2013 23:52
If you're into older SxS shotguns, I have a head's up. Ed Good in NH is an appraiser, and lists many older classic SxS shotguns on Gun Broker. I bought a vintage SxS from this company, but when I mounted the barrels, they were loose. I tried to return it, but was told that since the action is tight when the forend is attached, it is "shootable", and no return would be accepted. The forend is a part of the action's lock-up (???). I sent him several articles on checking a SxS for wear looseness just as I had done, and he said that was a matter of opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his listings are beater guns, waiting for sale with no chance of return, to become someone else's headache. Steer clear.

ok bg, you low down back stabbing bushwacker, now that your little thread is down here with the other low down back stabbing bushwackers, why did you start this mess? who are you, where are you? or do you prefer to remain a coward like so many others here and hide behind a phony name....

ed should you decide to continue this discussion I found some more posts and threads that support my opinion of your return policy and your application of it. Will be happy to continue this debate as long as you feel like it.

I am glad to be here.
Brian #393683 02/10/15 05:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

dewey: this is not about working down to a price. this is the level of sleeving work old ed did at the time. more cosmetically perfect work at a higher price was not an option. however, the cost of sleeving this old gh with heavily pitted damascus barrels, was within my projected budget for this restoration project. fact is, i rescued it from a gun butcher in maine, just before he was about to part it out. as it turned out, i sold this gun for little or no profit. but, i did learn a business lesson and made a competitive target shooter very happy.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Brian #393688 02/10/15 06:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

mikie: i did not realize this was a debate. i thought we were exchanging opinions. so, shall we agree to disagree then, eh what?

but, how come you dont wana hear bout the other two guns i did take back for refund?

an just so you know, there are no other deals that i can remember, where the buyer had an issue that i did not resolve to our mutual satisfaction...

an mikie, if you have something that you could post here that would help brian get back the rest of his money, i think he would appreciate it. i know i would.

Last edited by ed good; 02/10/15 06:12 PM.

ed good #393689 02/10/15 06:08 PM
Dewey Vicknair
Unregistered
Dewey Vicknair
Unregistered

dewey: this is not about working down to a price. this is the level of sleeving work old ed did at the time. more cosmetically perfect work at a higher price was not an option. however, the cost of sleeving this old gh with heavily pitted damascus barrels, was within my projected budget for this restoration project. fact is, i rescued it from a gun butcher in maine, just before he was about to part it out. as it turned out, i sold this gun for little or no profit. but, i did learn a business lesson and made a competitive target shooter very happy.

Using the term "restoration" is wholly inappropriate when referring to work like this.

Sadly, many misapply that word in the "gunsmithing" world.

Brian #393690 02/10/15 06:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

WOW! What a post, when I started it I thought it would take at least thirty minutes to read, but since I have Ed Good on ignore, it only took half that time.
Dealer should do the right thing and pay the shipping cost, write if off to "good will", if not it will cost him many times over.
Best,
Craig

Brian #393693 02/10/15 06:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

dewey: course you are correct regarding the use of the term restoration... but if you would have seen the state of the gun before old ed worked on it, you might agree that his work was more like a resurrection...including a major transplant.

Brian #393695 02/10/15 06:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

craig: well, glad you got the purpose of this thread, which is to help brian get back the rest of his money...

sadly, some others who have posted here have other agendas, which is often the case on this forum...it is an indication of the lack of respect they have for the originator of this thread and others.

Brian #393696 02/10/15 06:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

dewey: course you are correct regarding the use of the term restoration... but if you would have seen the state of the gun before old ed worked on it, you might agree that his work was more like a resurrection...including a major transplant.

So you're telling us that Old Ed is like the Dr. Frankenstein of Gunsmithing? Wow!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good #393710 02/10/15 07:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

but, how come you dont wana hear bout the other two guns i did take back for refund?
Because I believe you make up stuff. Without some other corroboration I assume anything you say in your favor is probably fabricated, kind of like your champion clays shooter customer that is thrilled with that butchered up Parker Drew posted.

Edit: ed anytime you want to end this debate please feel free to stop posting on this thread.

an just so you know, there are no other deals that i can remember, where the buyer had an issue that i did not resolve to our mutual satisfaction...
Again, without corroboration, I assume anything you post in your favor is a falsehood.

And how come you didn't address this point
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

Why don't you put some version of this statement in your return policy?
for proper function, forend should not fall off when gun is fired...everything else is cosmetic.
Then prospective buyers could tell that it was going to be very difficult to return a gun that had an undisclosed problem.

And if you start doing that maybe you won't wind up with threads like these being posted about the internet:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...tage_SxS_Gamegu

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post348207

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/10/15 07:20 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.