March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (NZHunter, Dale May, SKB, 1 invisible), 294 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Pete
Colt only makes two guns: the AR-15 and the 1911. They are now the 25th American gun manufacturer in size. Their other guns are all made by someone else.

By the way, all third generation SAA Colts were made by Uberti. Colt just finished and assembled the parts so they didn't have to stamp Uberti on anything. The only difference was that the Ubertis were finished better.

Let's hope that someone will buy Colt and bring back this company to the quality the name demands.

Pete can you show some proof of that ?
The 3rd Generation Saa's coming out now (most come off the regular production line-about 200 per month,unless special order that goes through custom shop)are some of the best they have made in years. Even the picky Colt collectors agree.They are NOT Uberti's by any means !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, your point is well taken, but what about Walther 1911s and Pennsylvania Gatling Guns and 1903s?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Pete
Colt only makes two guns: the AR-15 and the 1911. They are now the 25th American gun manufacturer in size. Their other guns are all made by someone else.

Pete, I'm not sure where you get your information, but there are other Colts that are made in the U.S.A. such as the Colt Mustang Pocketlite Stainless............I know because I talked to the factory before buying it.

Same as Dave K I would like to see your proof on this statement, thank you.

Regards,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.colt.com/Default.aspx

I believe the above is the web site for Colt. And with all due respect the old saw about 3rd Gen Colts being made by Uberti is not true... Now the earlier US Firearms (SAA Clones) were made by Uberti and finished in the US, that could be the confusion. Colt is still making guns... BTW, there is a very good Colt Forum if you have any questions about their current status.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen no proof of 3rd Generation Colt Saa's-from Colt being made by Uberti,sorry but thats wrong info.And the fit and finish on the ones I have seen is excellent-they just don't put many out.There was some issues on "some" the later 80's ones when they had union troubles but not now.
Perhaps Pete is confusing the Colt Black Powder Guns (Black Box-and later Grey box) which did have parts brought in by Val Forgett-Aldo Uberti in the early years then Lou Imperato.
Or as posted above the early US Firearms ones,not the later ones.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

What do we know about the Walther made Ace?

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K
I have seen no proof of 3rd Generation Colt Saa's-from Colt being made by Uberti,sorry but thats wrong info.And the fit and finish on the ones I have seen is excellent-they just don't put many out.There was some issues on "some" the later 80's ones when they had union troubles but not now.
Perhaps Pete is confusing the Colt Black Powder Guns (Black Box-and later Grey box) which did have parts brought in by Val Forgett-Aldo Uberti in the early years then Lou Imperato.
Or as posted above the early US Firearms ones,not the later ones.

I have to concur with Daves observations above. I own a few Uberti SAAs and there is no parts interchangability between the two firms products that I'm aware of. Uberti certainly did make the run of Black powder(percussion) guns for Colt.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't know there was that much of a market for the 1903s. My grandpa gave me a 1903 .32 in the original box with paperwork. Kind of a neat gun but I don't know if I would buy a new one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.