Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: hspruill

Yes, why would one be potruding so far, and the other recessed? Spring issue, cleaning issue maybe?

Ah, I understand better thank you. The gun probably does not have firing pin return springs. Some Spanish guns will have such springs and some will not. I've not been able to see any pattern to which will and which will not.

Both those VS are very interesting to me, especially the 16 since another 16 is what I want currently. That Stoeger version is no shirk either from the look of it. Where were these deals when I was searching earlier and had the cash handy?

They do seem to come and go. Months will pass without a nice 16 gauge side lock coming up at a nice price, then Ill see three hit the market in the same week.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I need to get a list of Kyries searches. smile
They are sometimes hard to find.

The Spanish guns have drawn my interest recently.
.410 Grulla #2
20ga Garbi BL by WLM
12ga Garbi 101

Bill

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, I'm pretty sure you spotted the same Garbi boxlock 20ga on Moore's website that I did. Good buy, IMO, if you're looking for a nice Spanish boxlock--considering it's unfired. I found one of those years ago at Cabela's. That was the Ruffed Grouse Society's banquet gun going way back. The one I bought was RGS-marked, along with a number out of either 25 or 50, don't remember for sure. I was involved with the local RGS chapter at the time, and they'd given me pretty much carte blanche to pick up a not overly expensive sxs every year, which we used either in a special sxs raffle or else as a sponsor gun. That one ended up being our top dollar sponsor gun that particular year. (We usually had enough habitat sponsors that there were about 4 guns in the sponsors-only drawing.) The guy who got first pick passed up the Garbi and went with a cute little Fabarm 20ga OU that was made as a European woodcock gun: barrels about 24", bottom barrel had the "dispersion" rifling, top barrel had tubes. Nice enough prize gun, but it was probably worth about a third the value of that little Garbi. When I bought it, I figured if our RGS chapter thought it was too much money, I'd keep it. But it never ended up being "mine", unfortunately.

Last edited by L. Brown; 03/29/15 09:09 AM.
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, just do a search on Gunsinternational, Guns America, Gun Auction and Gunbroker. Just sign up (don't need to give any Credit Card info or such) and then go to the option that will notify you of new arrivals via e-mail. Many of the major deals sell on GI & GA. If you go on Gunbroker, you can do a search "new since last visited" You'll be able to find a lot of nice guns of all makes.

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

GJW,
I've never tried the "new since last visit" feature. Will check it out. Thanks.

LB,
I purchased my Garbi BL a number of years ago as well. Just checked the WLM site and theirs is gone. Great gun.

Shot skeet with the .410 a couple of weeks ago. 1st time in all my years to shoot a .410. It was a lot of fun, and I did ok for 1/2 oz of shot (22 & 23). A bit whippy though. 30" barrels would have been a plus. It will be great on quail over a pointer. Definitely not as smooth as the 20ga BL with 28" barrels.

Ithaca1

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Both those VS are very interesting to me, especially the 16 since another 16 is what I want currently. That Stoeger version is no shirk either from the look of it. Where were these deals when I was searching earlier and had the cash handy?

I understand you really want a 16 gauge, but here is a 12 gauge VS 4E at an attractive price:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/957789514/Vic...1961-C-R-OK.htm

Wahoo Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kyrie
[quote=hspruill]
I understand you really want a 16 gauge, but here is a 12 gauge VS 4E at an attractive price:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/957789514/Vic...1961-C-R-OK.htm

That indeed looks like an outstanding potential for someone. It might seem picky, but I'm not inclined toward one that heavy at the present. I would however be looking at this one much harder if I thought to use it for competative/high volume shooting where I would not be carrying it far and wide. I have a sub-seven Lb 12 ga. for duck, however I might have let that one pass in leu of trying this one if I'd seen it first. If it shoots properly and has no issues, this one, even heavy, is a good buy in my book as long as it fits the owner. There have been many I saw and liked, but had to pass on because the DAH was too great for me.

Last edited by hspruill; 03/30/15 09:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Stoeger import VS 4E in 16 gauge is back up on Gun Broker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=474748029

It has a better description now, LoP 14 3/8 DaH is 2 3/8 and DaC is 1 1/2. Weight is 6lbs 14 oz.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.