March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (arrieta2, SKB, Borderbill, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#399261 03/30/15 09:36 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

If he were only worried about 20oz. sodas, he would be the perfect pres. candidate. Virtually unbeatable. If not him, who else.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

most anybody with charisma can beat walker for pres, as he has little...

but as a vp candidate, he would he a harmless ticket balancer...

Sidelock
Sidelock

As I have stated before, Walker is NO friend of the sportsman. I live in Northern Wisconsin, avid grouse hunter. He would sell us out at the first chance, to his benefit! Look at his budget, Kills the Stewardship program, guts the science part of the DNR. He also wants the DNR board to be advisory. Check out his relationship with Menards. Sorry, no friend of the sportsman

BEWARE OF DOGMA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doublefan
As I have stated before, Walker is NO friend of the sportsman....

I'll just ask, Walker vs. Hillary, does your vote go to hill because she's a friend to sportsmen, or do you stay home?

A pet peeve of mine is junk science based political decisions. Take for instance grouse, I don't think your DNR has done a whole lot for grouse numbers and Wisconsin hunters.

Weed him out in the primaries if this one issue is so important to you, but I would be surprised if you voted for the current pres, or stayed home. I can't see how that helped the sportsman one tiny bit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So why do we always have to pick the lesser of two evils? Clinton is not electable, Jeb is our best bet. Walker is a no win, To many problems and not worth the bother. 325 million in this country and these are our choices? Walker has hired a DEER CZAR, what a idiot!!!!! He may know Texas deer but has NO idea about the Northwoods. When they start to listen to the Conservation Congress, a sportsmans forum maybe things will change. Tommy Thompson was the best thing that ever happened to this state. We need STATESMAN for our leaders, not this group of POLITICIANS!!!!

BEWARE OF DOGMA
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

the last statesman that comes to mind is churchill...an of course, he was also a politican.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The weeding out process chases the good away. They either have to go so far right or left to win the primary they loose the middle ground. Tommy Thompson lost because he had to go to far right to win the primary. 2012, the Republicans formed a circular firing squad and went at each other. Agree to disagree, find common ground. I guess I'm to old school. I fear if we can't make things work, well, we will go the folly of Rome!

BEWARE OF DOGMA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doublefan
....Tommy Thompson lost because he had to go to far right to win the primary. 2012, the Republicans formed a circular firing squad and went at each other....

I agree with a good amount of what you have to say Df. Take a look though, Thompson lost. Walker won, and also won the recall, not an easy thing to do. You say party in fighting did in Thompson, Walker beat an entire dnc to validate his overall policy.

By all ways of accounting, Walker had financially turned WI around by the time the recall came up. Every time a Republican tightens the belt, it's very easy for a lib dem to promise tons of entitlements to their base. I don't think you give him the credit he deserves for what he was able to do in the voting booth. He may not be the man, maybe not by a long shot, but he has a way better track record and resume than the others.

Not good enough though, I think he needs acting lessons. I hope by old school, you don't mean that you'll stay home in protest or vote third party. I wouldn't fear that we can't make things work, I'd wonder if someone who's antiWalker, just wouldn't even try to make things work.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi All, I live and work in Northern Wisconsin. I consider myself a Moderate. Walker has lowered my property tax by a whole $5.00. I'll try not to spend it in one spot!!!! Yet he is gutting support to our local rural schools. Cutting the DNR, the UW budget, elder care. PROMISED 250.000 jobs, half that!! But WAIT, he won the elections! I could run against the people the Dems put up!! Please think back, how do you think Obama got elected!!! It is easy to run against nobodys. I'm here to say Walker is bad news. Jeb is our best hope. I never hope for a complete Republican our Democratic government. AGAIN agree to disagree. Work to a better future, GOD DAMMIT comprimes!!! As far as I know of it is not a SIN!!!!!!

BEWARE OF DOGMA
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.